U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 11:39 AM

10,070 posts, read 4,708,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Just saw the weather forecast for the weekend. Possible showers could interfere with my family barbecue plans. Maybe Trump could nuke the front system.

If you're cooking out on a grill made in China he might nuke your house instead.

Weathermen are always right when they say it will rain. There's never been a recorded prediction of rain in history that failed to come true. They may be off in the timing though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 11:57 AM

4,580 posts, read 2,709,138 times
Trump's mouth is directly connected to the wildest part of his brain, we all know that by his crazy tweets. He says bizarre stuff all the time. Yeah this is kind of funny but it won't go anywhere, it is just Trump being Trump. I worry far more about other things he does than this.

Old Today, 12:00 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,047,369 times
Hillary has chimed in... she says nukes won't work but BleachBit might!

Old Today, 12:13 PM

21,558 posts, read 22,158,423 times
there's no way that detonating a nuclear bomb in the eye of a hurricane would work. By my calculations, you would need to set off a minimum of four of the jumbo-sized warheads to do any good.

Last edited by Ghengis; Today at 12:30 PM..

Old Today, 12:21 PM

11,918 posts, read 2,950,543 times
Edward Teller, called the father of the hydrogen bomb, suggested using a nuke on a hurricane decades ago. Trump probably remembered him saying it so just tossed out that line, more likely to troll the presstitutes. It worked! They fall for it every time.

Old Today, 12:29 PM

7,537 posts, read 4,295,553 times
How 'bout a MOAB?
Prolly wouldn't work, but introducing a massive air blast
into the eye might at least raise the pressure a little bit.

Old Today, 12:36 PM

32,340 posts, read 20,384,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Edward Teller, called the father of the hydrogen bomb, suggested using a nuke on a hurricane decades ago. Trump probably remembered him saying it so just tossed out that line, more likely to troll the presstitutes. It worked! They fall for it every time.

The press was not even in the room.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old Today, 12:37 PM

11,814 posts, read 8,583,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Did they institutionalize the scientist who originally thought of it?

Clearly Trump read this somewhere.

Disrupting a storm is not that insane an idea. Obiviously, a disruption involving nuclear fallout is not a great idea.

Hopefully, someone will come up with a better disrupter.
My neighbor's kid had a fever so they borrowed my thermometer. Upon returning I commented that's not mine.

She told me her husband boiled it to sterilize it. He had a pHd in physics, worked on the cyclotron.

Being a scientist does not make one brilliant in all areas.

Old Today, 01:02 PM

5,783 posts, read 7,636,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
If Trump says we can do this there probably is some truth to it. But it sounds risky. It would be much easier, after we buy Greenland from Denmark, to tow the thing to the Caribbean where it would cool the waters and prevent hurricanes from every forming in the first place.
Cooling the waters has been an idea of mine for at least 25 years.
I came up with an idea how to do that, but it would take billions of dollars, and years to construct, but it would bring the water temperature down to levels which no hurricane could survive.

Bob.

Old Today, 01:06 PM

72,578 posts, read 84,348,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
You can't really believe this crap can you or maybe you are serious?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or