Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2019, 04:57 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,600,389 times

Advertisements

smaller trailer truck size mobile reactors built in a similar fashion of assembly line as a jumbojet are one idea i have heard....china and india are working on them

https://www.yahoo.com/news/andrew-ya...?.tsrc=fauxdal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2019, 05:34 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,976,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
smaller trailer truck size mobile reactors built in a similar fashion of assembly line as a jumbojet are one idea i have heard....china and india are working on them

https://www.yahoo.com/news/andrew-ya...?.tsrc=fauxdal
Hmmm...THOR-ium, the reaction needs Mjolnir to work, doesn't seem practical.

Old 08-27-2019, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post

if you read how our current old tech works you would never approve a solid based uranium reactor that works at 3,000 psi and needs constant cooling just to survive...and then read how thorium works in a fail safe mode and shuts itself down in a totally different manner maybe you would have some valid input

thorium reactors are i fact a shortcut to help reduce fossil fuel consumption and reduce pollution and the Chinese and India a pursuing research so the US can simply buy them from china in 10-20 years i suppose

Old 08-27-2019, 06:00 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,995 times
Quote:
Hopefully it is not Jane Foster (Lady Thor).

Old 08-27-2019, 06:02 PM

Quote:
if you read how our current old tech works you would never approve a solid based uranium reactor that works at 3,000 psi and needs constant cooling just to survive...and then read how thorium works in a fail safe mode and shuts itself down in a totally different manner maybe you would have some valid input

thorium reactors are i fact a shortcut to help reduce fossil fuel consumption and reduce pollution and the Chinese and India a pursuing research so the US can simply buy them from china in 10-20 years i suppose
The only use for thorium reactors is for me to make poor jokes about super heros and their weapons, sorry.

Old 08-27-2019, 06:07 PM

Quote:
The only use for thorium reactors is for me to make poor jokes about super heros and their weapons, sorry.

not surprised in the least as i don't expect much from this forum other than back and forth banter about the talked about topics from mainstream media...no not at all...let China build them i suppose and then cry that the US freely gave much of our research to highly placed Chinese officials free of charge

Old 08-27-2019, 06:11 PM

Quote:
not surprised in the least as i don't expect much from this forum other than back and forth banter about the talked about topics from mainstream media...no not at all...let China build them i suppose and then cry that the US freely gave much of our research to highly placed Chinese officials free of charge
Wow, just wow. Lighten up, I made a joke.

Old 08-27-2019, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Wow, just wow. Lighten up, I made a joke.

sorry then. but had never heard of thorium reactors till a few years ago..i am not one of those the world is ending soon climate people...but i really see the thorium reactors as a very good alternative for burning so much oil...the oil we now have can be put to better use as fertilizer or medical usage....

i have always felt that mans unique ability to discover new ways to harness nature is what will pull the world forward....without cheap reliable energy we would soon dwindle as a civilization...

when you read of nuclear engineers in England using wood planes to shave off an eighth of an inch from cooling fins (thousands) and then realize uranium plants were needed for BOMB production and then find there seems to be a simpler way to JUST make power..it confirms a skeptic world viewpoint

not solar panels/ windmills etc but these reactors...fusion may never mature
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies