U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2019, 11:35 AM

20,462 posts, read 10,025,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Can u imagine if he was a field general or had to make other "go/no go" decisions?

something like this?:

"a lot of people tell me i should go, and i could go, i've gone more times than any other general and they've all been incredible, all of them, believe me, they've all been amazing and successful. but i don't know. if i go it will be great but i don't have to go. a lot of people tell me i should go."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2019, 11:37 AM

9,823 posts, read 2,970,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
i rather have a president that flip flop when he gets new information and data, than one that wont listen and steadfast with the wrong info and data
He doesn't get new data. He just makes up ****.

Old 08-27-2019, 11:41 AM
mlb

3,312 posts, read 2,930,948 times
Pulls it out of his ***.

Old 08-27-2019, 11:42 AM

5,200 posts, read 1,881,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
something like this?:

"a lot of people tell me i should go, and i could go, i've gone more times than any other general and they've all been incredible, all of them, believe me, they've all been amazing and successful. but i don't know. if i go it will be great but i don't have to go. a lot of people tell me i should go."
If this wasn't true you'd just have to laugh. But it IS true. This is a direct quote from the nitwit that is freaking leading our country - the commander-in-chief. I know what is wrong with Trump, but what is wrong with people that actually think this idiot is competent for office?

Old 08-27-2019, 11:43 AM

14,089 posts, read 8,826,906 times
We don't care.
He's appointing conservative judges and wrestling China to the floor. He's building The Wall and making deals with Japan while bailing out of treaties that were designed to handcuff America.
The conservative judges will be in place for many years. I hope he gets to finish The Wall.

Old 08-27-2019, 02:01 PM

4,241 posts, read 6,486,179 times
Trump is a demented old man. If most of us had a relative who was as mentally impaired at Trump we would have them placed in a nursing home. Instead we allow a senile old man to run the country. Talk about crazy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nhoGIvOKJU

Old 08-27-2019, 02:55 PM

37,953 posts, read 16,775,703 times
Presidents aren't always able to follow through on their promises because the opposing party in congress always blocks them. That isn't lying or flip-flopping.

If one wants to bash Trump for supposedly doing so then they should also be upset that Obama flip-flopped on amnesty. That was an actual flip-flop! He told his Hispanic constituents that he couldn't do that without congress' approval and yet he did it by EO anyway and gave millions of illegal aliens a stay of deportation along with work permits via DACA and DAPA. I hate hypocrites!

Old 08-27-2019, 04:43 PM

17,194 posts, read 12,007,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
I seem to recall Trump whining about how Obama was not a strong leader. Well here we see Trump's version of what a real leader should do - flip flop. He cannot make up his mind whether to give another tax break, whether to lower or raise tariffs on China, whether to bomb Iran, and whether to require more background checks on guns. He says one thing one day and the next he tweets the opposite. For such a stable genius he sure has a hard time keeping his mind straight.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/25/w...-biarritz.html

flip flop, I think not.

More proof trump haters lack judgment, can't recognize leadership when they see it and are unable to think beyond the depth of a faded bumper sticker.

Trump called for 'effective' measures to curb gun violence.

china and trump are in ongoing negotiations. Raising or lowering tariffs is totally dependent on action taken by china. China is shown to be mercurial and thus Trump's response is appropriately applied. Same with taxes, dependent on latest status change. Trump does not lock himself into any situation, he changes as the situation changes. that's exactly what our troops are taught to do. Adapt to the unexpected changes.

Surely you jest when you speak of Obama being a leader!

Obama would make the perfect reference for a college 101 business class to demonstrate exactly what a leader would not do.

Flip flop!!!! are you kidding, remember obama's red line? bet he doesn't.

Leaders hip is reneging on a promise to Poland to supply defensive missiles because putin would be upset.

Leadership would be firing usag holder for falsifying a warrant and judge shopping.

Leadership would have been to support the Iranian people when they rose up against the mullahs.

Obama may have been the first but he, in no way, shape or form ever demonstrated any hint of leadership. He had to constantly bypass congress with regulations as he was incapable of compromise.

Old 08-27-2019, 07:53 PM

14,089 posts, read 8,826,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y-M-O View Post
You get no great wall, China will win the war against us because they won't care about killing more than half their population to prove their point to the US, the deal with Japan is not finalized until it is written and signed, the conservative judges are pretty overrated, except for the Supreme Court they would just follow the law.
C'mon.

Old 08-27-2019, 07:55 PM

9,058 posts, read 5,214,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
"Flip-flop" doesn't do justice to explain his indecisive behavior, lack of leadership skills, and failure to grasp basic policy issues or consequences of his botched decisions. He is essentially and totally incompetent and utterly unprepared to be president.
yes you are absolutely correct, but he has also been the best president we have had in over fifty years
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies