U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-26-2019, 05:45 PM
 
Location: Northern Wisconsin
9,237 posts, read 7,994,743 times
Reputation: 15932

Advertisements

This thread just proves liberals want to run everyones lives everywhere because they know whats best for everyone. If they're so concerned, buy some land and plant some trees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-26-2019, 06:10 PM
 
Location: Places you dream of
20,838 posts, read 12,515,992 times
Reputation: 9040
He didnít go because they don't like him
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2019, 06:12 PM
 
Location: annandale, va & slidell, la
8,022 posts, read 3,267,322 times
Reputation: 6930
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGromit View Post
Another possibility is the wiser heads at the White House told Trump the meeting was later so he would miss the meeting. You have to give some of the staff in the White house credit for not always following Trumps orders. One of the things that came out during the Russian Meddling investigations, Trump ordered staff to do things that would have lead to impeachable offenses which they didn't carry out. Wiser heads at the White House may have felt that Trump missing the meeting entirely was less damaging then have him attend and risk Trump doing something that damages United States relationship with our allies even more. Just like the releasing Trumps Tax returns. Yes, it looks bad not releasing the tax returns, but it's most likely far more damaging to Trump let people see them.
The IRS has already seen his taxes. What's your point?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2019, 06:19 PM
 
Location: San Diego CA
5,312 posts, read 3,584,898 times
Reputation: 8564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
The Amazon rainforest (lungs of the Earth) is burning and our golfer-in-chief doesnít seem to think itís important. Made an excuse that he had a meeting with Germany and India...but those leaders also attended too!

https://www.apnews.com/d2b71b0bded44b45a8987d31ee031dfe

Not to worry. Heís the chosen one. The fires will magically disappear. Stand by citizens of the world. Itís magic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2019, 07:57 PM
 
3,008 posts, read 3,155,298 times
Reputation: 8604
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Don't you know that most of the fires are set in order to convert the forest into farmland?

And farm land is bad because ------ ??????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2019, 08:00 PM
 
Location: The 719
14,847 posts, read 22,750,126 times
Reputation: 14053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
The Amazon rainforest (lungs of the Earth) is burning and our golfer-in-chief doesnít seem to think itís important. Made an excuse that he had a meeting with Germany and India...but those leaders also attended too!

https://www.apnews.com/d2b71b0bded44b45a8987d31ee031dfe
Leonardo DiCaprio and Matt Damon and all the bleeding liberals have been posting wildfire pics from years ago and many other places that are not the Amazon!


Waa! Not My forest fWires Waa!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2019, 09:34 PM
 
Location: San Diego
36,486 posts, read 33,006,769 times
Reputation: 20794
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
And farm land is bad because ------ ??????
Clearing land was a normal process in the South. If you stopped clearing/burning it was jungle again in short order. These farmers will have to deal with that too. It will go back to jungle if they don't manage it. Quickly too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2019, 09:36 PM
 
24,686 posts, read 12,899,233 times
Reputation: 7948
I could be wrong but the fact that they are clearing some of the land isn't the issue -- it's the lack of skill, knowledge, whatever that results in a carelessness and results in and out of control fire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2019, 04:35 AM
 
8,100 posts, read 3,637,510 times
Reputation: 11453
Youíll never convince these climate deniers. Why waste your time on these low IQ people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2019, 05:02 AM
 
24,686 posts, read 12,899,233 times
Reputation: 7948
I can't imagine why they lied about the meeting if there is a real, rational, logical explanation for not attending.

See kids...that's the problem. It isn't that Trump may have a policy difference -- it is that does he or is there something else going on.

If Trump had a sound, reasonable, intelligent reason for not attending why does there seem to be confusion why he didn't attend. Did he forget, Did he no go because of policy differences...or was it the usual - end of an international trip taking its toll all the old guy and he just needs to get home?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:03 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top