U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-26-2019, 10:11 AM
 
722 posts, read 213,220 times
Reputation: 216

Advertisements

Evidently yes because of all the house seats lost last autumn in districts Trump cleaned up in 2 years earlier

 
Old 08-26-2019, 10:11 AM
 
Location: 500 miles from home
30,949 posts, read 17,136,559 times
Reputation: 23238
So - what happens on here is that it's hard for Trump supporters to criticize Trump because WE are constantly criticizing him - putting Trump supporters in a position where they constantly have to defend him.

Same thing happened to Obama supporters. There ere plenty of things I didn't agree with him on - but I was loathe to mention that on CD because I was too busy defending him from posters that hated everything he did.

This is the reality of city data.
 
Old 08-26-2019, 10:11 AM
 
2,833 posts, read 796,425 times
Reputation: 7381
Now that Trump is saying that Medicare/Medicaid cuts could be in order if he wins a second term, wonder how older and poor people will feel about him?
 
Old 08-26-2019, 10:13 AM
 
39,579 posts, read 20,823,185 times
Reputation: 12972
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
Now that Trump is saying that Medicare/Medicaid cuts could be in order if he wins a second term, wonder how older and poor people will feel about him?
Yet Democrats want illegal aliens to get free medical and welfare.
 
Old 08-26-2019, 10:15 AM
 
Location: Bellingham, WA
1,112 posts, read 1,183,453 times
Reputation: 1234
I disagree with alot of what Trump says and does, however his views on 3 of the biggest financial, security, and safety threats facing the USA today agree with mine. Lopsided trade with China, *Illegal* Immigration, and tax structuring (reduce corporate and individual taxes as a %, but actually collect more taxes via competitive tax rates and good economy-which feed each other).
I am disappointed with his lack of progress on Healthcare and his dirty energy stance.
My understanding is that there is a lot of fraud and price gouging in the social security and medicare system and they were going to clean that up to facilitate most of the spending cuts. For example, a lot of these power chairs and diabetic gadgets you see on TV that are "At no cost to you!" are because once they can convince the gov't you need this item they bill them many times what one could go buy themselves first hand.
 
Old 08-26-2019, 10:15 AM
 
Location: Unperson Everyman Land
31,069 posts, read 20,487,659 times
Reputation: 8664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
well... in reality there are a number of things i don't like about Trump. Here is the part you wont like at all.


If i were to stipulate that you are correct in the list of things wrong with Trump, I am still standing here looking at the democrats and the republicans out there who could be president, and I see no one that is "better"




Here is the thing the left and the Never Trumper right don't get. Whatever warts Trump has, he is far better for America than ANY of them. period. and its not even close.



"and its not even close"




BINGO !!!!!
 
Old 08-26-2019, 10:17 AM
 
1,206 posts, read 231,524 times
Reputation: 791
He is the chosen one. I cannot disagree with him because of that.
 
Old 08-26-2019, 10:28 AM
 
Location: Texas
35,908 posts, read 19,797,866 times
Reputation: 21471
Lightbulb Do Trump Supporters Ever Dissagree With Trump?

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Most Trump followers I have spoken to seem to idolize Trump to the point of never daring themselves to say anything against him. I’ve spoken to women who call themselves feminists who would get a heart attack if a man even joked about women or bragged about their promiscuity. Religious people who wouldn’t let a person with Trump’s lifestyle step behind their podium. People who would feel offended if they were discriminated service because of the color of their skin. When I remind them of all the things Trump does and talks about when it comes to the things that go against their convictions they come back with the following typical responses:

-Just leave him alone.
-MAGA!
-He was joking.
-He is the president now so deal with it.
-But but but Hilllary’s emails.

I would expect at least something along the lines “Well, yes, he should be more respectful to women and men but other than that I do agree with…Well yeah, can’t believe people say he best represents moral, family, and Christian values because he just doesn’t. But other than that I like how he…Yes he has shown to be a racist and I disagree with that. Perhaps that might change in the future…Yes, he is a terrible public speaker and can’t carry a conversation without making a full of himself, exalting himself, or sharing his obsession with Obama but at least he…” I wonder if his followers think its some sort of blasphemy to disagree with him or not support certain things. I can count with my fingers the few Trump supporters who can disagree with him on different issues just fine.

How about you?
I understand Trumplings.

They're frightened, angry and irrational.

For 25 years, Fox News and hate radio have been convincing them that they're victims. Not victims of the all-powerful predatory financial/tax system that's TRULY pushing them down, but victims of some huge conspiracy by their neighbors "that's turning America into Venezuela!"

So, they mindlessly keep supporting the party that empowers the very entities that are making their lives worse.

Above all else, right wingers are followers.

They need regular reinforcement on simple slogans that'll keep then marching in lock step behind whichever "leader" is hoisted up in front of them, no matter how inept and unqualified.

Dubya
Limbaugh
tRump

Science has proven it.
-------------------------------------------------------

Right-wing authoritarians are people who have a high degree of willingness to submit to authorities they perceive as established and legitimate, who adhere to societal conventions and norms, and who are hostile and punitive in their attitudes towards people who don't adhere to them. They value uniformity and are in favour of using group authority, including coercion, to achieve it.
Right-wing authoritarians want society and social interactions structured in ways that increase uniformity and minimize diversity. In order to achieve that, they tend to be in favour of social control, coercion, and the use of group authority to place constraints on the behaviours of people such as political dissidents and ethnic minorities. These constraints might include restrictions on immigration, limits on free speech and association and laws regulating moral behaviour. It is the willingness to support or take action that leads to increased social uniformity that makes right-wing authoritarianism more than just a personal distaste for difference. Right-wing authoritarianism is characterized by obedience to authority, moral absolutism, racial and ethnic prejudice, and intolerance and punitiveness towards dissidents and deviants.


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-...thoritarianism

Seems that most Americans thought our country was too decent to stoop to its present level.

Not a pretty picture, but there it is.

 
Old 08-26-2019, 10:33 AM
 
39,579 posts, read 20,823,185 times
Reputation: 12972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
So - what happens on here is that it's hard for Trump supporters to criticize Trump because WE are constantly criticizing him - putting Trump supporters in a position where they constantly have to defend him.

Same thing happened to Obama supporters. There ere plenty of things I didn't agree with him on - but I was loathe to mention that on CD because I was too busy defending him from posters that hated everything he did.

This is the reality of city data.
I agree with this Ringo.

I used to watch morning Joe but after Trump was elected they went full in with Trump hate and in such a childish way. I took the show off the DVR because I already knew the script. No one is going to listen to anyone if it's a constant hatchet job.

As for Trump, some things I agree with and disagree with but I don't need a constant barrage of hate in an attempt to convince me. I'll decide my position for myself thank you.
 
Old 08-26-2019, 10:34 AM
 
Location: Denver, CO
8,772 posts, read 2,078,256 times
Reputation: 1733
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Actually bump stocks should not exist regardless of who is president. There, feel better?
Why not?

Who are you to be the arbitrator of what people can and cannot own?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top