U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-26-2019, 10:36 AM
 
Location: New Jersey
8,722 posts, read 12,695,533 times
Reputation: 8415

Advertisements

Don't idolize him and do agree that he makes mistakes.

At least we don't howl at the moon.

 
Old 08-26-2019, 10:37 AM
 
39,579 posts, read 20,838,483 times
Reputation: 12978
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Why not?

Who are you to be the arbitrator of what people can and cannot own?
I'm not the arbitrator, the government is. Everything can't be my way but I can have an opinion though
 
Old 08-26-2019, 10:38 AM
 
39,579 posts, read 20,838,483 times
Reputation: 12978
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Don't idolize him and do agree that he makes mistakes.

At least we don't howl at the moon.
omg crazy lol

anguished-liberals-plan-scream-helplessly-sky-anniversary-trump-election/
 
Old 08-26-2019, 10:39 AM
 
Location: Denver, CO
8,772 posts, read 2,083,112 times
Reputation: 1733
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I'm not the arbitrator, government is. Everything can't be my way but I can have an opinion though
The State has no right to tell people what they can and cannot own.

All gun laws are infringements. And Trump is a gun-grabber.
 
Old 08-26-2019, 10:40 AM
 
6,212 posts, read 1,617,949 times
Reputation: 4985
I don't agree everything he does. But I mostly agree with him.
 
Old 08-26-2019, 10:41 AM
 
39,579 posts, read 20,838,483 times
Reputation: 12978
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
The State has no right to tell people what they can and cannot own.

All gun laws are infringements. And Trump is a gun-grabber.
Did Trump grab your guns?
 
Old 08-26-2019, 10:50 AM
 
1,455 posts, read 266,519 times
Reputation: 865
What I want to know is who has reaped the benefits from all the Right Wing radio and media over the years. Seems they have driven many Decisions in the country through pressure and media pushes to influence politicians.

Everyone complains that things are worse now but still listen to the same radio heads today. If what they are selling has not lead to a better economy, life, wage, policy why continue to follow that advice?

I remember listening to Rush Limbaugh when in the car daily in the 90’s with my dad (black man who would have voted Republican if Republicans cut the dog whistle crap out) and he literally says the same stuff now as he said then with no proof that it actually works. States like Kansas went bankrupt putting his ideas into policy. There is a reason these guys don’t run for office or write policy, because it’s easy to sell garbage ideas on the radio and television than it is to write it up and pass it.

We all know the country cannot be all right or all left, it takes balance and work. But balance and cooperation amongst parties don’t sell books or talking events.
 
Old 08-26-2019, 10:58 AM
 
Location: CO/UT/AZ/NM Catch me if you can!
5,027 posts, read 4,544,136 times
Reputation: 10799
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Most Trump followers I have spoken to seem to idolize Trump to the point of never daring themselves to say anything against him. I’ve spoken to women who call themselves feminists who would get a heart attack if a man even joked about women or bragged about their promiscuity. Religious people who wouldn’t let a person with Trump’s lifestyle step behind their podium. People who would feel offended if they were discriminated service because of the color of their skin. When I remind them of all the things Trump does and talks about when it comes to the things that go against their convictions they come back with the following typical responses:

-Just leave him alone.
-MAGA!
-He was joking.
-He is the president now so deal with it.
-But but but Hilllary’s emails.

I would expect at least something along the lines “Well, yes, he should be more respectful to women and men but other than that I do agree with…Well yeah, can’t believe people say he best represents moral, family, and Christian values because he just doesn’t. But other than that I like how he…Yes he has shown to be a racist and I disagree with that. Perhaps that might change in the future…Yes, he is a terrible public speaker and can’t carry a conversation without making a full of himself, exalting himself, or sharing his obsession with Obama but at least he…” I wonder if his followers think its some sort of blasphemy to disagree with him or not support certain things. I can count with my fingers the few Trump supporters who can disagree with him on different issues just fine.

How about you?
Trump supporters are True Believers who will brook no criticism of their demagogue. TDS anyone?
 
Old 08-26-2019, 11:00 AM
 
6,486 posts, read 6,223,744 times
Reputation: 3703
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Terrible public speaker? Obama couldn't state his name in public without a teleprompter. When off the teleprompter, he was lost and stammered. Then you have crazy Joe who doesn't even know where he is at half the time and provides a gaffe every speech.

Trump is a 10X better speaker than any of the dems, as he can actually think on his feet and can go "unscripted" quite well.
With or without a teleprompter Trump continues to speak like an elementary school student. You might remember the following:

“You know what uranium is, right? It’s this thing called nuclear weapons, and other things, like lots of things are done with uranium, including bad things”

“We have to come up, and we can come up with many different plans. In fact, plans you don’t even know about will be devised because we’re going to come up with plans – health care plans – that will be so good”

Can't forget when he talks about turbines or how he uses the best words out there.

Come on now. Are you really going to say Trump is a better speaker? I want to believe you are being sarcastic.
 
Old 08-26-2019, 11:01 AM
 
6,289 posts, read 1,729,264 times
Reputation: 3918
Sure we do, but we also enjoy seeing the wrench go deeper into the gears and seeing the left get upset.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:10 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top