U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-26-2019, 11:12 AM
 
Location: Denver, CO
8,772 posts, read 2,070,527 times
Reputation: 1733

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Did Trump grab your guns?
Not mine personally, no.

But he did make felons out of 500,000 Americans when he banned bump stocks--which you stated yourself should be banned, like any good Fudd.

When President AOC orders the ban of 30-round mags you can trace it back to Trump's infringement on gun ownership rights.

 
Old 08-26-2019, 11:12 AM
 
Location: Little Rock, AR
3,266 posts, read 1,006,143 times
Reputation: 2033
Yes, his twitter attacks on lowly congress member and media distract from his successes and policy goals. I’d like to see more positivity coming out of the White House because the country is doing well. Show more of the border wall progress, people love seeing its construction.

I also disapprove of some of the environmental protection rollbacks.

Last edited by ColoradoOnMyMind; 08-26-2019 at 11:21 AM..
 
Old 08-26-2019, 11:14 AM
 
Location: Denver, CO
8,772 posts, read 2,070,527 times
Reputation: 1733
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Sure we do, but we also enjoy seeing the wrench go deeper into the gears and seeing the left get upset.
Trump IS a leftist.
 
Old 08-26-2019, 11:34 AM
 
108 posts, read 21,532 times
Reputation: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Most Trump followers I have spoken to seem to idolize Trump to the point of never daring themselves to say anything against him. I’ve spoken to women who call themselves feminists who would get a heart attack if a man even joked about women or bragged about their promiscuity. Religious people who wouldn’t let a person with Trump’s lifestyle step behind their podium. People who would feel offended if they were discriminated service because of the color of their skin. When I remind them of all the things Trump does and talks about when it comes to the things that go against their convictions they come back with the following typical responses:

-Just leave him alone.
-MAGA!
-He was joking.
-He is the president now so deal with it.
-But but but Hilllary’s emails.

I would expect at least something along the lines “Well, yes, he should be more respectful to women and men but other than that I do agree with…Well yeah, can’t believe people say he best represents moral, family, and Christian values because he just doesn’t. But other than that I like how he…Yes he has shown to be a racist and I disagree with that. Perhaps that might change in the future…Yes, he is a terrible public speaker and can’t carry a conversation without making a full of himself, exalting himself, or sharing his obsession with Obama but at least he…” I wonder if his followers think its some sort of blasphemy to disagree with him or not support certain things. I can count with my fingers the few Trump supporters who can disagree with him on different issues just fine.

How about you?
I went from supporting him 100% to not being a supporter. It was because of his actions on 2nd amendment and 4th amendment and other dumb stuff he has NOT done he said he would do.
 
Old 08-26-2019, 11:41 AM
 
6,473 posts, read 6,210,339 times
Reputation: 3697
Thank you for participating. We have seen in this thread those few Trump supporters who can list all the things they DO NOT support or agree with and also those who believe anything he says and idolize him.
 
Old 08-26-2019, 02:16 PM
 
Location: West Coast of Europe
22,209 posts, read 19,705,434 times
Reputation: 8770
I have also noticed that many here simply support everything and anything Trump says and does. That is really unhealthy and makes those people seem like brain-washed zombies that one can't take seriously.
If they contradicted Trump on some issues, their support on others issues would be credible.

Last edited by Neuling; 08-26-2019 at 02:44 PM..
 
Old 08-26-2019, 02:20 PM
 
16,411 posts, read 9,283,853 times
Reputation: 6670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
That's called your opinion. Not everyone feels that way
LOL. yea. a lot of people think Biden would make a wonderful president. I gave my opinion. it is also a good way to understand our side's view of Trump. He is flawed. He isn't perfect. but the fact is, even if we agreed with the left on all the flaws and imperfections, we still line up on his side BECAUSE of how terrible we see the left.


and how cowardly we see the entire Republican party....
 
Old 08-26-2019, 02:22 PM
 
Location: In your head, rent free
14,924 posts, read 7,981,812 times
Reputation: 7669
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Thank you for participating. We have seen in this thread those few Trump supporters who can list all the things they DO NOT support or agree with and also those who believe anything he says and idolize him.
Where did you see that? Can you name just one person in this thread who doesn't disagree with Trump on some things? I can't find a single person, me included... yet now you're trying to claim that this thread proves your point.
 
Old 08-26-2019, 02:24 PM
 
16,411 posts, read 9,283,853 times
Reputation: 6670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I understand Trumplings.

They're frightened, angry and irrational.




well... I read the first line and thought maybe i would get something enlightened.... then i read the second line and stopped. I understood quickly you don't understand Trump"lings".


What you do understand is what the progressive echo chamber has been screeching for the last few years.


you can make all the claims you want. what you don't know is anything at all about what drives those of us on the right that have come to support Trump.


what i have come to understand is, there simply is no hope for someone stuck in that echo chamber. I'm not willing to exert the energy to suggest any actual reality to you.




just walk away because you don't have a clue what drives us.
 
Old 08-26-2019, 02:26 PM
 
Location: In the Pearl of the Purchase, Ky
7,667 posts, read 13,153,494 times
Reputation: 31868
I imagine there are a lot who agree with every word that comes out of his mouth, or twitter account. They're afraid if they disagree, the "chosen one" won't let them kiss his ring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top