U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-26-2019, 03:20 PM
 
Location: Upstate NY 🇺🇸
36,771 posts, read 10,991,351 times
Reputation: 35066

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Most Trump followers I have spoken to seem to idolize Trump to the point of never daring themselves to say anything against him. I’ve spoken to women who call themselves feminists who would get a heart attack if a man even joked about women or bragged about their promiscuity. Religious people who wouldn’t let a person with Trump’s lifestyle step behind their podium. People who would feel offended if they were discriminated service because of the color of their skin. When I remind them of all the things Trump does and talks about when it comes to the things that go against their convictions they come back with the following typical responses:

-Just leave him alone.
-MAGA!
-He was joking.
-He is the president now so deal with it.
-But but but Hilllary’s emails.

I would expect at least something along the lines “Well, yes, he should be more respectful to women and men but other than that I do agree with…Well yeah, can’t believe people say he best represents moral, family, and Christian values because he just doesn’t. But other than that I like how he…Yes he has shown to be a racist and I disagree with that. Perhaps that might change in the future…Yes, he is a terrible public speaker and can’t carry a conversation without making a full of himself, exalting himself, or sharing his obsession with Obama but at least he…” I wonder if his followers think its some sort of blasphemy to disagree with him or not support certain things. I can count with my fingers the few Trump supporters who can disagree with him on different issues just fine.

How about you?

How about YOU?

I've posted many times here about not only Trump's "mistakes," but also those of other Republicans and conservatives, and not just politicians, either. I also can't stand a number of conservative commentators--and I've said so.

As a matter of fact, that's a FREQUENT observation of mine, which I've posted more than a few times here: that we expose our turds, while the left circle the wagon when it comes to theirs. And, oh yeah, Rachel Maddow can do no wrong.

So gimmeabreak with that crapulence. It's the Dems on here who stick together, and who never met another Dem they didn't like.

Believe it.

 
Old 08-26-2019, 03:34 PM
 
Location: Raleigh NC
10,114 posts, read 7,594,854 times
Reputation: 8727
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post

How about you?
I've said since he got the nomination they needed to shut off his Twitter and act in a manner befitting the office.

he clearly does not take to any criticism well, but of course the criticism comes pretty much 24/7 from those who still can't believe he won, and who work with others to "make sure that doesn't ever happen" (except it's "again" now)

and he's a narcissist to a degree that's never been displayed by the most powerful person in the world.

but the vast majority of policy? doing just fine, except it's time to ratchet back the budget, or really increase revenue.
 
Old 08-26-2019, 03:40 PM
 
Location: California
1,804 posts, read 525,410 times
Reputation: 3364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
How about YOU?

I've posted many times here about not only Trump's "mistakes," but also those of other Republicans and conservatives, and not just politicians, either. I also can't stand a number of conservative commentators--and I've said so.

As a matter of fact, that's a FREQUENT observation of mine, which I've posted more than a few times here: that we expose our turds, while the left circle the wagon when it comes to theirs. And, oh yeah, Rachel Maddow can do no wrong.

So gimmeabreak with that crapulence. It's the Dems on here who stick together, and who never met another Dem they didn't like.

Believe it.

I agree.
 
Old 08-26-2019, 03:40 PM
 
2,711 posts, read 1,162,299 times
Reputation: 3531
Do Trump Supporters Ever Dissagree With Trump?

No,they are not allowed to.
 
Old 08-26-2019, 03:41 PM
 
8,350 posts, read 5,262,461 times
Reputation: 14172
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I think he’s wrong the way he says things sometimes, and exaggerates, but if it causes the lefties to sputter and get upset, then I kind of enjoy it.
While of course there's a keen pleasure in riling-up the petulant and doctrinaire, ought this to be Priority #1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
...If i were to stipulate that you are correct in the list of things wrong with Trump, I am still standing here looking at the democrats and the republicans out there who could be president, and I see no one that is "better"

Here is the thing the left and the Never Trumper right don't get. Whatever warts Trump has, he is far better for America than ANY of them. period. and its not even close.
That’s precisely the sentiment that baffles me the most. I can understand how somebody might have chosen Trump as the lesser of two evils in the 2016 election, or how there was desire for an “outsider” who wasn’t tainted by decades in formal political life, or who with relish and blissful disregard of conventionalities “tells it like it is”. But to suggest, that even among the entire Republican party, there’s no better viable alternative… even in the hypothetical?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I think the reason for that fandom is that people's minds have been shaped by the primitive, simplistic sports mentality. Either you belong to us or you are the enemy. I am afraid that attitude is the result of democracy, where political parties correspond to sports teams, one can see the same problem in Britain and Brazil for instance.
Exactly. In this analogy, Trump plays for "our" team. Sometimes he misses simple plays on the field, causing the opponents to score. He gets overconfident, taking the field unprepared. He misjudges what’s going on. He draws fouls, getting ejected from the game. He prevents other players, who are better positioned to handle to ball, from scoring. But he’s on our team. He’s our guy. He’s our city and our spirit and our tribal identity.

Many regard Trump as being “our guy”, so that even if they disagree with him in policy, or cringe at his antics, he remains high in their estimation, as the fellow who’s ultimately their partner, confederate and spokesman.
 
Old 08-26-2019, 03:42 PM
 
Location: California
1,804 posts, read 525,410 times
Reputation: 3364
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
I've said since he got the nomination they needed to shut off his Twitter and act in a manner befitting the office.

he clearly does not take to any criticism well, but of course the criticism comes pretty much 24/7 from those who still can't believe he won, and who work with others to "make sure that doesn't ever happen" (except it's "again" now)

and he's a narcissist to a degree that's never been displayed by the most powerful person in the world.

but the vast majority of policy? doing just fine, except it's time to ratchet back the budget, or really increase revenue.

Yes I think this too. Iím also hoping this trade war comes to an end soon.
 
Old 08-26-2019, 04:22 PM
 
64 posts, read 17,754 times
Reputation: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbtornado View Post
I bet you never said one optimistic thing about Obama too
Was there ever a good reason to say one optimistic thing Obama said? Aside from stirring up racial vitriol from the left and the AA community, what did he do in eight years?
 
Old 08-26-2019, 04:25 PM
205
 
338 posts, read 308,481 times
Reputation: 490
[quote=Neuling;56029824]I have also noticed that many here simply support everything and anything Trump says and does. That is really unhealthy and makes those people seem like brain-washed zombies that one can't take seriously.

If they contradicted Trump on some issues, their support on others issues would be credible.[/QUOTE]

I didn't vote for Trump because he's more or less a huge egomaniacal narcissistic who is only a bit less volatile version of Bobby Knight. I don't like that about him but I was willing to keep an open mind about him and I've been pleasantly surprised about what he has actually done POLICY wise.

I don't like that he hasn't come up with a viable healthcare plan and hasn't been able to reign in spending but he's tried his damndest against the kind of unprecedented media and government opposition that even most seasoned politicians would have long since wilted under which brings up a bigger issue with Trump.

For all his warts, Trump is the first Republican in my lifetime (other than perhaps Reagan to a degree) that has had the guts to stand up and call out the corrosively dishonest propaganda and staggering hypocrisy from many in the liberal mainstream media towards Republicans in general and Trump in particular. W Bush, Romney, and so on and so on, etc were also called Nazis by the left despite the fact that previous Republicans meekly cowered and tried to placate a media that hated their guys no matter how "presidential" they acted.

Trump was treated as a joke, was ridiculed, and laughed at by the liberal mainstream media and establishment wings of both parties when he announced he was running for president. In the queen mother of all ironies he was lectured by horrified and self righteously indignant media, Democrats, and Hillary herself when it was suggested he might not accept the results of the election at face value if he ended up losing the election. He, of course, ended up winning and what did the media that was just lecturing him on how to lose an election graciously react? The very opposite of the way they demanded Trump act. Not only haven't Democrats and their mainstream media pals not accepted those results, they've been in an all out 3 year war to destroy and undermine Trump's presidency any means necessary. No media narrative or dishonest tactic (including willingly being Deep State tools to push a fake Russia hoax) has been too low for them.

Bottom line, any misgivings or disappointment 2016 Trump voters may have him is absolutely dwarfed by the disgust and disdain those voters have for the shameful and disgustingly dishonest way the media and his political opponents have tried to destroy his presidency and anyone and everyone who even dares support him. That's why Trump supporters are putting up with far more of his warts and unpresidential behavior than they normally would. The alternative (the current list of mostly far far left Democratic presidential candidates)....believe it or not....is far scarier to most moderates and conservatives not normally inclined to tolerate a lot of Trump's more unappealing qualities.
 
Old 08-26-2019, 04:36 PM
Status: "Death to all but metal" (set 4 days ago)
 
Location: Nevadafornia
5,668 posts, read 3,416,809 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Most Trump followers I have spoken to seem to idolize Trump to the point of never daring themselves to say anything against him. I
This reminds me of Obama supporters who would never dare to criticize him and won't allow anyone to criticize him.
 
Old 08-26-2019, 04:41 PM
 
64 posts, read 17,754 times
Reputation: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
My "analysis" is spot on. Your angry reaction just confirms that.

Trumplings fear the future because they see themselves shrinking away from the center of that future's focus. They're angry because they've been told to be by hate radio. They're irrational because they've been led like lemmings to support the exact same party that's causing their economic distress. They call themselves "christians" as they support tRump's mistreatment of women and children seeking asylum. They see their fellow Americans as enemies, now that the Soviet Union is out of business. Matter of fact, they now see Russia as good and the FBI as bad; because they've been told to.

That all adds up to a whole lot of right wingers following windbag demagogues who give them simple slogans to chant.

But thanks for sharing.

Ferd is right. You must not know on a personal level any rational conservatives. You are delusional. "Trump's mistreatment of women"?. Bill Clinton raped Juanita Broadderick. Where is your outrage? John Kennedy had sex in his marriage bed with numerous women. Where is your outrage? "...they now see Russia as good the the FBI as bad;". I don't know any conservatives who believe Russia is good. Russia is Russian. Putin is a dick but we have to deal with him. And, the whole Russian collusion hoax has been proven to be that, and it was instigated by the Obama/Cliton cabal. Do you live in a lead mine?

The FBI has been corrupted. That is factually true. I'm certain their are honest hard working people there but they have some corrupt leadership that needs to be removed and prosecuted. I hope we see some folks going to jail.

Have you every actually listened to "hate radio"? What do you classify CNN and MSNBC's daily dose of ranting and outrage and unending slandering of anything the Trump administration tries to do? The emerging violence in the streets is coming the the hate filled uninformed left. It frightens me that there are people like you who are this delusional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top