Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2019, 02:52 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,081,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
So - what happens on here is that it's hard for Trump supporters to criticize Trump because WE are constantly criticizing him - putting Trump supporters in a position where they constantly have to defend him.

Same thing happened to Obama supporters. There ere plenty of things I didn't agree with him on - but I was loathe to mention that on CD because I was too busy defending him from posters that hated everything he did.

This is the reality of city data.
Best post right here. Great insight. Since we can’t show support on FB or Twitter, two media forms which bash him 24/7, CD is the go to forum.

Old 08-26-2019, 02:55 PM

25,956 posts, read 24,675,783 times
I think the reason for that fandom is that people's minds have been shaped by the primitive, simplistic sports mentality. Either you belong to us or you are the enemy. I am afraid that attitude is the result of democracy, where political parties correspond to sports teams, one can see the same problem in Britain and Brazil for instance.

Old 08-26-2019, 02:58 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,006,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
Best post right here. Great insight. Since we can’t show support on FB or Twitter, two media forms which bash him 24/7, CD is the go to forum.
I've seen plenty of pro Trump support on both fb and twitter... Always the victim your side is...

Old 08-26-2019, 03:00 PM

10,510 posts, read 6,130,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
This thread brings out a hefty load of leftist TDS, Lol.

I disagree in a lot of things he does, like I did with Obama (I voted for Obama twice btw) . But there’s absolutely no reason to get unhinged and go batchit crazy.

Seriously, chill out.

Such as? Name three things. That wouldn't even constitute 'a lot'.

Old 08-26-2019, 03:03 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,253,323 times
I do but mostly about environment I am a tree hugger but most of the rage and nazi name calling at mr trump appears to come from his attempts to enforce immigration and trade agreements and laws
It makes me wonder if these are paid demonstrators

Old 08-26-2019, 03:09 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,125,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Most Trump followers I have spoken to seem to idolize Trump to the point of never daring themselves to say anything against him. I’ve spoken to women who call themselves feminists who would get a heart attack if a man even joked about women or bragged about their promiscuity. Religious people who wouldn’t let a person with Trump’s lifestyle step behind their podium. People who would feel offended if they were discriminated service because of the color of their skin. When I remind them of all the things Trump does and talks about when it comes to the things that go against their convictions they come back with the following typical responses:
-Just leave him alone.
-MAGA!
-He was joking.
-He is the president now so deal with it.
-But but but Hilllary’s emails.

I would expect at least something along the lines “Well, yes, he should be more respectful to women and men but other than that I do agree with…Well yeah, can’t believe people say he best represents moral, family, and Christian values because he just doesn’t. But other than that I like how he…Yes he has shown to be a racist and I disagree with that. Perhaps that might change in the future…Yes, he is a terrible public speaker and can’t carry a conversation without making a full of himself, exalting himself, or sharing his obsession with Obama but at least he…” I wonder if his followers think its some sort of blasphemy to disagree with him or not support certain things. I can count with my fingers the few Trump supporters who can disagree with him on different issues just fine.

How about you?
Great, well-written post.

I know, and the funny part is that so many Trump supporters - you can even see it here in this forum - accuse Democrats of being slavishly adoring of Obama, which isn't true at all. Democrats were very vocal about their specific disappointments with Obama, which is why Republicans did think they could win.

There are many possible reasons that Trump supporters may seem to never disagree with Trump, for instance:
-possibly they can't deal with nuance
-possibly they can't deal with complex, multifaceted opinions
-possibly they still aren't very well-informed, so can't reason things out, even to themselves
-possibly they have so much emotionally invested in Trump that they're subconsciously terrified of allowing in any negative information

Old 08-26-2019, 03:16 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,081,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbtornado View Post
I've seen plenty of pro Trump support on both fb and twitter... Always the victim your side is...
Wow, great understanding you have there, lol. That’s not true at all for most supporters unless you’re on a Trump page. Get real, your side has yet to accept for one minute that he’s the President. In my own circle all day long it’s anti Trump posts. I think you have the victim side misplaced.

Old 08-26-2019, 03:16 PM

2,486 posts, read 821,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Most Trump followers I have spoken to seem to idolize Trump to the point of never daring themselves to say anything against him. I’ve spoken to women who call themselves feminists who would get a heart attack if a man even joked about women or bragged about their promiscuity. Religious people who wouldn’t let a person with Trump’s lifestyle step behind their podium. People who would feel offended if they were discriminated service because of the color of their skin. When I remind them of all the things Trump does and talks about when it comes to the things that go against their convictions they come back with the following typical responses:

-Just leave him alone.
-MAGA!
-He was joking.
-He is the president now so deal with it.
-But but but Hilllary’s emails.

I would expect at least something along the lines “Well, yes, he should be more respectful to women and men but other than that I do agree with…Well yeah, can’t believe people say he best represents moral, family, and Christian values because he just doesn’t. But other than that I like how he…Yes he has shown to be a racist and I disagree with that. Perhaps that might change in the future…Yes, he is a terrible public speaker and can’t carry a conversation without making a full of himself, exalting himself, or sharing his obsession with Obama but at least he…” I wonder if his followers think its some sort of blasphemy to disagree with him or not support certain things. I can count with my fingers the few Trump supporters who can disagree with him on different issues just fine.

How about you?

Have any of the progressives EVER shown any support for him?

It comes down to the things that go against their convictions they come back with the following typical responses:

He will crash the stock market!
He will send us into a depression!

He is a Russian spy!
He colluded with Russia!
He obstructed the investigation!

He abandoned Puerto Rico!
We are heading into a recession!
He has two scoops of ice cream!
He drinks too much diet Coke!
He isn't aging!!!

I didn't vote for Trump, nor for HRC (OMG NO!) but I support him now!

The way the left has been acting up and how petty they have become I cannot support any of them. I would vote for Gabbard if the party still cared about the middle class and were not so divisive. The face of the party is a 29-year-old Marxist and her squad of extremists.

This going to be a repeat of 2016. Trying to run on a platform of hating Trump isn't policy, it's lunacy.

Old 08-26-2019, 03:17 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,006,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Have any of the progressives EVER shown any support for him?

It comes down to the things that go against their convictions they come back with the following typical responses:

He will crash the stock market!
He will send us into a depression!

He is a Russian spy!
He colluded with Russia!
He obstructed the investigation!

He abandoned Puerto Rico!
We are heading into a recession!
He has two scoops of ice cream!
He drinks too much diet Coke!
He isn't aging!!!

I didn't vote for Trump, nor for HRC (OMG NO!) but I support him now!

The way the left has been acting up and how petty they have become I cannot support any of them. I would vote for Gabbard if the party still cared about the middle class and were not so divisive. The face of the party is a 29-year-old Marxist and her squad of extremists.

This going to be a repeat of 2016. Trying to run on a platform of hating Trump isn't policy, it's lunacy.
I bet you never said one optimistic thing about Obama too

Old 08-26-2019, 03:19 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,466,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
well... I read the first line and thought maybe i would get something enlightened.... then i read the second line and stopped. I understood quickly you don't understand Trump"lings".

What you do understand is what the progressive echo chamber has been screeching for the last few years.

you can make all the claims you want. what you don't know is anything at all about what drives those of us on the right that have come to support Trump.

what i have come to understand is, there simply is no hope for someone stuck in that echo chamber. I'm not willing to exert the energy to suggest any actual reality to you.

just walk away because you don't have a clue what drives us.
My "analysis" is spot on. Your angry reaction just confirms that.

Trumplings fear the future because they see themselves shrinking away from the center of that future's focus. They're angry because they've been told to be by hate radio. They're irrational because they've been led like lemmings to support the exact same party that's causing their economic distress. They call themselves "christians" as they support tRump's mistreatment of women and children seeking asylum. They see their fellow Americans as enemies, now that the Soviet Union is out of business. Matter of fact, they now see Russia as good and the FBI as bad; because they've been told to.

That all adds up to a whole lot of right wingers following windbag demagogues who give them simple slogans to chant.

But thanks for sharing.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.