U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 05:35 PM

18,914 posts, read 9,233,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
No, I don't think of Donald 24/7. However, I do think of Donald when I see the Nazi salute and the "ok" racist hand gesture. So do a lot of other people - think of Donald - when they see the Nazi salute and the "ok" racist hand gesture. Those making the gestures are big fans of Donald too.
So Free speech is dead even in jest. Got it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 06:19 AM

18,914 posts, read 9,233,726 times
Quote:
No, I don't think of Donald 24/7. However, I do think of Donald when I see the Nazi salute and the "ok" racist hand gesture. So do a lot of other people - think of Donald - when they see the Nazi salute and the "ok" racist hand gesture. Those making the gestures are big fans of Donald too.
What has Trump done to make him a Nazi? What policies, or laws have been put in place? Secure borders? Every other country does that. Is Trudeau a Nazi?

Old Today, 06:49 AM

52,505 posts, read 42,204,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
That's not really an example of freedom of speech. Discriminating against speech in a public accommodation is discriminating against speech.
That's a privately owned park, not public so that's a hard no.

Old Today, 06:54 AM

52,505 posts, read 42,204,330 times
Quote:
Yeah, hopefully they catch the Trump supporters that did this too.....

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/25/us/st...ard/index.html

Hoping you get some perspective on how ridiculous all the political tropes are but like the right wingers posting to the thread I hold little hope of enlightenment for you (which is more than I have for most of them)

Old Today, 06:55 AM

5,158 posts, read 1,863,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
That's not really an example of freedom of speech. Discriminating against speech in a public accommodation is discriminating against speech.
If they were in a public park, or on BLM land or on a public street you might have a point. A privately owned amusement park certainly has the option of disallowing this behavior. Might be other amusement parks that would welcome these guys with open arms, they are surely free to go there.

Old Today, 07:00 AM

13,335 posts, read 4,585,363 times
The country is chock full of virtue signaling wussies.

Old Today, 07:01 AM

27,153 posts, read 11,399,962 times
Some people were screwing around and having fun at an amusement park. Big deal.

Oh thank you thank you amusement park for not letting our fewlings get hurt. People are too soft.

Old Today, 07:09 AM

307 posts, read 35,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
They got their 15 minutes.

Anyhow, this is a great example of freedom of speech.

People are free to say and do what they want. And businesses and other organizations are free to act accordingly.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/univ...201844848.html
Must have been the darn congressional "squad" again .
I wish people would listen to what they say about the Jews .
Was democrat Louis Farakan there to with Bill ?

Old Today, 07:14 AM

5,158 posts, read 1,863,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Some people were screwing around and having fun at an amusement park. Big deal.

Oh thank you thank you amusement park for not letting our fewlings get hurt. People are too soft.
I don't think it has a lot to do with hurt feelings. It has a lot more to do with ticket sales and revenue. Amusement parks have to be appealing to families, many of them with young kids. Believe it or not, most parents don't want their kids in a place that promotes folks running around giving Nazi salutes or other open expressions of fascism. Why would they?

Old Today, 07:19 AM

28,940 posts, read 15,687,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
What has Trump done to make him a Nazi? What policies, or laws have been put in place? Secure borders? Every other country does that. Is Trudeau a Nazi?
Nothing.

However - the propaganda media, by ascribing Trump the character of a white supremacist, has emboldened these people and brought them out of the dark shadows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies