U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2019, 07:21 PM

27,741 posts, read 16,065,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
That is sheer unfounded speculation, just as it would be if I said definitively that they WOULD. I said IF they were, then they could try to sue if they wanted...but I doubt if they'd win. Just the same as in this case. If these kids or their parents think it's so outrageous that they were denied a day of entertainment as a consequence of the flavor of their speech, then they have as much access to the courts as me or you.

What's funny to me about this, is that a lot of people I know who would throw hissy fits about this, are the same who uphold the right of a private business to discriminate against others...just not those matching their own demographic or ideology. On the other hand, while I'm a left-of-center independent, and fully support the LGBTQ+ community in general and on principle, I actually felt that the bakers should have the right to say no, in the cake case. My personal belief is, unless your business is necessary to life and limb, AND there are no reasonable alternatives, you should have the right to refuse service to anybody. And then those who you refused service to, can go fuss at the media and talk crap about it, and if people on their side want to boycott you, then they should be able to do that, though I draw the line at making threats. That's just not civil behavior. A cake getting made isn't life and limb, and there are other bakeries in town.

And these kids were not denied gas from the only station in 100 miles, electricity from the only utility in town, nor food to eat, nor life-saving medical care. They were denied a day of fun. I support the park's right to do that. And the other Nazis and edgy teenage white boys can certainly feel free to loudly boycott Universal, if it makes them feel better.
Disney would throw them out too. They had the Trump banner guy that they got flack over admonishing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2019, 10:09 PM

30,904 posts, read 33,816,243 times
Don't care. I hope they go back and I hope more people do it to desensitize the crazy ash holes. That's how they treated my allergies and I promise you it's better than going through life afraid of allergens.

Old 09-07-2019, 10:26 AM

14,507 posts, read 11,811,668 times
Before it became associated with the Nazis this was actually the salute of the Roman Legion. Hitler hijacked it. That being said it's not like the Roman Imperial military was a whole lot better than the Nazis. Probably worse. The Nazis just had guns tanks and aircraft to push their campaigns.

Meh. Both the extreme right and left love pulling stunts like this to see who they can pizz off.

Old 09-07-2019, 11:58 AM

33,165 posts, read 16,956,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Before it became associated with the Nazis this was actually the salute of the Roman Legion. Hitler hijacked it.
Bellamy salute, anyone? Like the svastika: Yet another thing that the MFing Nazis destroyed. An irony these punks would do well to ponder, if they can manage that level of introspection.

Last edited by Dane_in_LA; 09-07-2019 at 12:20 PM..

Old 09-07-2019, 01:41 PM

3,188 posts, read 700,699 times
American school children used to use that salute when saying the pledge of allegiance. I'd post a pic but I don't want to get a spanking.

Old 09-07-2019, 03:56 PM

2,228 posts, read 469,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
American school children used to use that salute when saying the pledge of allegiance. I'd post a pic but I don't want to get a spanking.
Weird; it’s almost as if events occurred during World War II that made that salute is no longer appropriate.

Old 09-07-2019, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Before it became associated with the Nazis this was actually the salute of the Roman Legion. Hitler hijacked it. That being said it's not like the Roman Imperial military was a whole lot better than the Nazis. Probably worse. The Nazis just had guns tanks and aircraft to push their campaigns.

Meh. Both the extreme right and left love pulling stunts like this to see who they can pizz off.
And Hitler changed the meaning and the iconography of said salute. This is why HYDRA had the two arm with fist salute rather than a Nazi salute, since they were the Nazi science division in the comics. It as if a group of people get offended from the meaning Hitler gave it. Sorry, the genie isn't going back into the bottle in the Hail Caesar/Bellamy Salute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Yes and then they changed it after realizing the fact that Hitler used it. Acting like Hitler is not cool.

Old 09-07-2019, 06:44 PM

6,735 posts, read 2,048,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
They got their 15 minutes.

Anyhow, this is a great example of freedom of speech.

People are free to say and do what they want. And businesses and other organizations are free to act accordingly.
Now, that's weird. I've never been on a roller-coaster. Too chicken. But I'd imagine that a person would want to be holding on to the rail with both hands.

Old 09-07-2019, 06:48 PM

688 posts, read 173,635 times
The SPLC is just another hate group.

Old 09-07-2019, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Now, that's weird. I've never been on a roller-coaster. Too chicken. But I'd imagine that a person would want to be holding on to the rail with both hands.
Some typically due to head choppers which are overhead beams that give you the sensation of that you would hit them but they are in a safe distance. My brother hit a pole at a fair on some Zylcon or Galaxi but that seemed to be a main pole to the side. That said, it is rare. People do it, I do it. Except on Space Mountains...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies