U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 10:10 PM

7,687 posts, read 2,738,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
You are way off base here. Just stop with the pedophelia nonsense. Thats not what this is about and you are just trolling at this point.
I am not way off base. I am citing fact. You are trolling as you said I was fixated on pedophilia.

I am citing an exact issue in sex trafficing. Not sure why its beyond you but many women are coerced into prostitution because of economic reasons. The whole "consensting" adults is often a mask for what it is. Sex trafficking.

Old Yesterday, 10:10 PM

9,009 posts, read 4,012,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
It's prostitution. Whether or not sex happens is (almost) irrelevant. They will do mental gymnastics to convince themselves it is something else, but it isn't. Most of these women would have no interest in any of these guys, sexually or otherwise if no money was involved. That's how you know what it is.
Oh there are definitely many first 'meet and greet' arrangements. What happens with follow up visits is a whole different thing. Just like 'real life'. lol

Old Yesterday, 10:12 PM

25,447 posts, read 9,893,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Because you ignore that a person can be coerced based on economic situation
Well, that does it. Your problem is with natural law itself.

Sorry, humans either must rely on charity (obviously voluntary) or capitalism (obviously voluntary) to survive.

Unless you're one of these crazy people that thinks governments are real and own you cradle to grave.

Oh wait...

Old Yesterday, 10:14 PM
Status: "This is the best of all possible plutocracies." (set 21 days ago)

18,631 posts, read 8,419,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Females have privilege.
Do they? Or is it that males have nonsensical values?

I am reminded of something that Dolly Parton is supposed to have said. When asked if it bothered her that probably a noticeable portion of her male fans paid for concert tickets because they wanted to ogle her more than they wanted to listen to her, she said something like "honey, if they're dumb enough to pay good money to just look at me, I'm smart enough to take the money to the bank."

Old Yesterday, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Well, that does it. Your problem is with natural law itself.

Sorry, humans either must rely on charity (obviously voluntary) or capitalism (obviously voluntary) to survive.

Unless you're one of these crazy people that thinks governments are real and own you cradle to grave.

Oh wait...
Craziness is believing governments do not exists and always will exist. Every second of every day you are paying a tax to a government. You are living under a system that allows dictates your property rights. Not knowing that is crazy.

Old Yesterday, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Craziness is believing governments do not exists and always will exist. Every second of every day you are paying a tax to a government. You are living under a system that allows dictates your property rights. Not knowing that is crazy.
Well of course it's happening. Enough people have guns to my head including you.

Is the world moral enough to believe in non-violent measures (opposite of government) to dissuade ALL of the 50-year-old men who want to pay 12-year-old girls for sex?

Probably not.

Can government stop it? Uh, not only "hell no" but it actually condones/promotes it.

And my hunch is, just my opinion now, that the instances would actually be reduced if the good people had full rights at their disposal to dissuade the 50-year-old man from paying that girl for sex.

Old Yesterday, 10:29 PM

3,716 posts, read 1,607,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Two consenting adults, the libertarian in me sees no issue.
This is where liberalism and progressiveness can take you.

But I am sure Conservative men wouldnt mind doing these things as well.

Tax cuts, immigration,wars are Bi partisan. This matter is Tri Partisan ( if at all libertarians have some say , as in post 2 )

Old Yesterday, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Well of course it's happening. Enough people have guns to my head including you.

Is the world moral enough to believe in non-violent measures (opposite of government) to dissuade the 50-year-old man from paying the 12-year-old girl for sex?

Probably not.

Can government stop it? Uh, not only "hell no" but it actually condones/promotes it.

And my hunch is, just my opinion now, that the instances would actually be reduced if the good people had full rights at their disposal to dissuade the 50-year-old man from paying that girl for sex.
Perhaps yo need an island to go off to and see if your libertarian world could ever exist. My guess is not. My guess is that if you took a bunch of like minded libertarians and threw them on an island that what would ensue is that some would not fare well and that the "no coercion" rule would quickly go out of existence once hunger started in.

And that is my point with sexual trade. If would be one thing if both parties truly engaged in it for both;'s benefit. But more often than not the one selling sexual favors is under an oppression and is being economically coerced.

Old Yesterday, 10:33 PM

13,128 posts, read 4,032,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Do they? Or is it that males have nonsensical values?

I am reminded of something that Dolly Parton is supposed to have said. When asked if it bothered her that probably a noticeable portion of her male fans paid for concert tickets because they wanted to ogle her more than they wanted to listen to her, she said something like "honey, if they're dumb enough to pay good money to just look at me, I'm smart enough to take the money to the bank."
What is nonsensical about wanting a young, healthy and fertile female for sexual relations? What else are women offering or are good for?

Old Yesterday, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Perhaps yo need an island to go off to and see if your libertarian world could ever exist. My guess is not. My guess is that if you took a bunch of like minded libertarians and threw them on an island that what would ensue is that some would not fare well and that the "no coercion" rule would quickly go out of existence once hunger started in.

And that is my point with sexual trade. If would be one thing if both parties truly engaged in it for both;'s benefit. But more often than not the one selling sexual favors is under an oppression and is being economically coerced.
Somalia!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or