Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2019, 09:46 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
No, I don't. Paying women for sex or fake companionship is desperate and pathetic. I'm not talking about trading rounds of drinks at the bar. "Here I am, were's my $500?" ROFL. Okay.
You're arguing over the details of a voluntary exchange of goods & services.

Why?

Capitalism doesn't cease to be capitalism when a party doesn't like the options for exchange. It just becomes a rejected offer.

You are exchanging goods and services in all your personal relationships. Why else would you be there?

Old 08-26-2019, 09:47 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,034,476 times
It's straight prostitution. It's funny that these girls think that giving it some other name changes what it in fact is. then when they get older, do they all of a sudden think that they shouldn't be judged on their looks?

Old 08-26-2019, 09:47 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,976,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Sounds like you are fan of Jerry Epstein cuz this is the exact scenario.
Thats disgusting, grow up, thats not at all what I said. I'm talking about it being an option for adults of legal age who can make grown up decisions. Epstein was a pedophile, he preyed on children. You really have some nerve.

Old 08-26-2019, 09:52 PM

Quote:
I am pretty sure you have not walked in every one elses shoes. That fact you may be smart and talented make you no more worthy that anyone else despite your smugness.
Well, I'm not smart and talented. The proof there would be I have no idea what you're talking about.

Old 08-26-2019, 09:52 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,494,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post

Why?

Capitalism doesn't cease to be capitalism when a party doesn't like the options for exchange. It just becomes a rejected offer.

You are exchanging goods and services in all your personal relationships. Why else would you be there?
Because your basic premise is "voluntary". Your premise , I assume , is that neither part was physically forced into the arrangement e.g. at barrel of a gun. However, it can be fear of starvation or homelessness. Or are you saying its OK in your book if a 12 year old girl exchanges sex with a 50 year old man for money? Is your libertarianism that heartless?

Old 08-26-2019, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
It's straight prostitution. It's funny that these girls think that giving it some other name changes what it in fact is. then when they get older, do they all of a sudden think that they shouldn't be judged on their looks?
And you care because...?

Old 08-26-2019, 09:53 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,591,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post

Why?

I don't think prostitution should be illegal or anything. To each their own. I am merely stating my personal judgment of those who willingly do this. Of course I think people who sign up for 30 year mortgages are idiots too, so clearly I am a couple standard deviations away from the norm. I happen to believe female companionship, while nice at times, is not worth paying for.

Old 08-26-2019, 09:55 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,976,365 times
Quote:
Because your basic premise is "voluntary". Your premise , I assume , is that neither part was physically forced into the arrangement e.g. at barrel of a gun. However, it can be fear of starvation or homelessness. Or are you saying its OK in your book if a 12 year old girl exchanges sex with a 50 year old man for money? Is your libertarianism that heartless?
Whats your obsession with linking this to pedophilia? Why not bestiality while you are at it since that has nothing to do with whats being discussed here either.

Old 08-26-2019, 09:56 PM

18,802 posts, read 8,469,715 times
Quote:
Sounds like you are fan of Jerry Epstein cuz this is the exact scenario.
The cut off at the age of consent is the difference. Epstein apparently dabbled in some girls too young by our laws (and by some moral standards).

Old 08-26-2019, 09:58 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,494,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Thats disgusting, grow up, thats not at all what I said. I'm talking about it being an option for adults of legal age who can make grown up decisions. Epstein was a pedophile, he preyed on children. You really have some nerve.
Check again. One of the girls making complaints against Epstein was 18. Technically an adult. Did it suddenly matter that the troubled teen was 16 and not 18? That is nerve to suggest otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies