U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Today, 07:14 AM

39,461 posts, read 20,606,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
His story is not unlikely.

My 2nd job is selling appliances. I deal with idiots in MAGA hats, Che shirts, a good number of random SJW sayings on T shirts. Had a ?dude? looking like Bruce Jenner in last Friday. Another with extreme piercings who looked like she fell face first into a fishing tackle box a few weeks ago...

Im on commission. The money of right wing idiots spends just like left wing morons. Im in it for the money and say nothing. "Bruce Jenner" did not buy anything but tackle box face did.
I worked in the ICU for 20 years. No matter who they were, what color they were, what they looked like, I saw everyone's life as precious and worth doing my best to be part of the team to save and/or make them feel better.

Your point?

Old Today, 07:22 AM

11,303 posts, read 10,333,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
The people who wear those stupid red hats are looking to p*** people off, and they get what they came looking for. I am surprised no one has been killed yet, not saying I condone that, but these are contentious times, and there is a lot of hatred and anger on both sides.

I saw some guy pumping gas where I was filling up the other day, and he was wearing one of those dumb hats. It took everything inside me not to say something to the guy, so I see how some people would go off the deep end. If you wave a red flag in front of a bull, the results are not going to be good.
There is a lot of hatred and anger on both sides, but don't you see that attitudes like yours makes you part of the problem and not the solution? The people that start by saying “I don’t condone it.”, seem to always go on to excuse it.

There is a guy in my town who is a well known liberal. I always thought the guy was a jerk, but recently, we have been talking when we see each other around town or at the gym. He was telling me about how sometimes people shout things at him (usually from afar, or out a car window), even when he is with his 2 small children. So I get it. This is not a one way street, and there is anger coming from both sides. But in order for anything to change, people need to condemn it no matter which side it comes from, and no matter who the target is. By excusing it when it happens to the other guy, as I said, you are part of the problem.

Just out of curiosity, what were you tempted to say to the guy in the hat? Were you going to engage him in a polite discussion of your political differences? Or were you going to angrily go off on him?

Old Today, 07:25 AM

21,885 posts, read 14,544,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
People have EVERY RIGHT! to wear the hats without having to worry about being attacked. First the hats, then the left will demand more rights taken away because it offends them.

Instead of blaming people who have the rights, try encouraging your politicians to say something against it. This is only one example of the left wanting to take away our rights.
No one is taking away your rights. You can preach the benefits of slavery in the inner city if you want to, that is your right. Good luck with that.

Old Today, 07:26 AM

21,407 posts, read 10,329,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
I don't condone the assaults at all, mind you. Even so...

... if you wear a hat clearly associated with a hateful president, hateful rally crowss, and hateful rhetoric, and you chose to wear that hat, you should expect to be castigated, and rightfully so. Clothing articles are very easily changeable - unlike mental illness, trauma, disabilities, orientation, gender identity, and even theoretically changeable things like social and political beliefs (religious ones, too).
For someone who has posted about being cisgender and sensitive, having white privilege, and loathing masculine toxicity, you sure are intolerant and triggered by something that is nothing more than a damn piece of fabric, Phil.

How toxic.

Old Today, 07:29 AM

10,303 posts, read 8,217,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I worked in the ICU for 20 years. No matter who they were, what color they were, what they looked like, I saw everyone's life as precious and worth doing my best to be part of the team to save and/or make them feel better.

Your point?
Point? shrug, people should mind their own business regardless of how odd the person they are facing is. Get your business done.

Im just selling appliances. ICU kind of matters just a bit more. Just a tiny bit.

Old Today, 07:32 AM

21,885 posts, read 14,544,206 times
No one should be assaulted for wearing these stupid hats, or anything else they might wear. However, violence is a part of our society, and if you poke the bull, you might just get the horns. Maybe you should wear that thing around like minded people, if you're worried about upsetting someone, which, ironically, is the point of wearing it.

Old Today, 07:38 AM

21,407 posts, read 10,329,893 times
You libs won't rest until you've taken away the rights of Americans, but you'll fall on your sword for illegals every time.

Old Today, 07:40 AM

11,303 posts, read 10,333,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
No one is taking away your rights. You can preach the benefits of slavery in the inner city if you want to, that is your right. Good luck with that.
Big difference. In your example, the racism is real. In the hat example, is not real. It is only a narrative that the left created in order to get more left wing politicians elected.

Old Today, 07:42 AM

5,427 posts, read 2,897,881 times
Commies

Old Today, 07:47 AM

19,820 posts, read 12,453,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Link: https://hotair.com/archives/john-s-2...tack-portland/

The party of tolerance and peace strikes again.

Liberals are fascists in action. They just don't like the label.

I wonder if soon there will be liberal "no go" areas in which the rule of law is no longer enforced and liberal are just allowed to live in anarchy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or