U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Today, 10:36 AM

166 posts, read 66,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
The people who wear those stupid red hats are looking to p*** people off, and they get what they came looking for. I am surprised no one has been killed yet, not saying I condone that, but these are contentious times, and there is a lot of hatred and anger on both sides.

I saw some guy pumping gas where I was filling up the other day, and he was wearing one of those dumb hats. It took everything inside me not to say something to the guy, so I see how some people would go off the deep end. If you wave a red flag in front of a bull, the results are not going to be good.
Sad that someone wearing a red hat incensed you to the point of "It took everything inside me not to say something to the guy" Whether you are a Trump supporter or not, last I heard America is a free country. (not that it appears this guy said anything....just wearing a "stupid" red hat that someone "assumes" is looking to cause problems) Who cares? Is it worth getting angry and hateful over?

Old Today, 11:25 AM

12,870 posts, read 14,149,007 times
Quote:
The people who wear those stupid red hats are looking to p*** people off, and they get what they came looking for. I am surprised no one has been killed yet, not saying I condone that, but these are contentious times, and there is a lot of hatred and anger on both sides.

I saw some guy pumping gas where I was filling up the other day, and he was wearing one of those dumb hats. It took everything inside me not to say something to the guy, so I see how some people would go off the deep end. If you wave a red flag in front of a bull, the results are not going to be good.

People that go out of their way to hassle others for a hat associated with the president are simply projecting their inner hatred. There is nothing noble or righteous about the actions of fascist leftists who believe it is their right to dictate the thoughts, opinions and expressions of others. It's actually quite disturbing, given the fact that this is America, land of the free. Well, free if we can keep power away from people like you apparently.

Old Today, 11:37 AM

10,336 posts, read 12,094,178 times
Liberals are okay and just fine with MAGA Hat attacks, just like they are fine with the illegal immigrants sleeping in their spare bedroom.

Old Today, 11:42 AM

40,771 posts, read 40,347,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
I guess you were too chicken to say anything. How sad that you're so triggered by a hat. I'm proud to say that I've never yelled at some moron for having an Obama or Hillary bumper sticker.
No doubt. I'm always amazed how people on the left are always acting as if they have the high moral ground and are liberal and are for free speech.

Yeah, right, that's a bunch of crap, the most judgmental and arrogant people I've ever dealt with have generally been on the left.

Old Today, 12:20 PM

446 posts, read 99,736 times
Quote:

Maybe you should have got into that guys business and SAID something.. He then might have got into YOUR business and disrespected YOU in some way. You need to worry about finding a candidate to win the next election and not worry about what kind of hats they wear....lol

Old Today, 12:21 PM

1,602 posts, read 463,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
I don't condone the assaults at all, mind you. Even so...

... if you wear a hat clearly associated with a hateful president, hateful rally crowss, and hateful rhetoric, and you chose to wear that hat, you should expect to be castigated, and rightfully so. Clothing articles are very easily changeable - unlike mental illness, trauma, disabilities, orientation, gender identity, and even theoretically changeable things like social and political beliefs (religious ones, too).
Thatís the thing though, hateful by whose standards, people who donít agree with his policies. But others do agree with him at least in certain things which is how he got elected. Itís a hat that supports our President. Iíd see people all the time in Obama shirts and having Obama or Bernie bumper stickers. I wouldnít think of assaulting or even verbally confronting any of these people. They are merely articles of clothing in support of who that person supports. Three years into this itís lunacy that people are still attacking others for a hat. Itís unbalanced behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or