U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2019, 11:30 AM

10,298 posts, read 3,076,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
OP seriously, Obama's legacy is not good no matter what they tell you and how much you want to believe it. So we had the first black president, good, too bad he didn't do much for anyone other than himself.
He kinda did. Thank you Mr. Obama for the ACA. And thank you for not trying to eff up the environment at every turn unlike your successor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2019, 11:30 AM

15,883 posts, read 13,658,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I don't remember America being as divided as it is right now. Trump absolutely hates that Obama was so well liked and respected.
The Vietnam War along with forced desegregation at the same time divided America even more. It got so bad that National Guard troops where shooting down students at Kent State. At least one killed.

Old 08-27-2019, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Obama is a war criminal.

Just like Trump.
I was never a fan of Obama's foreign policies for sure. He did a lot of damage in that arena, as do all presidents.

Old 08-27-2019, 11:34 AM

10,326 posts, read 2,556,124 times
Quote:
I was never a fan of Obama's foreign policies for sure. He did a lot of damage in that arena, as do all presidents.
I agree.

Old 08-27-2019, 11:43 AM

10,326 posts, read 2,556,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Id be happy to have G.W.B back in office over Trump.
W was the most disappointing president ever, a real let down for me.

Trump is not as much of a let down because I did not expect much good to come of him, and sadly it turns out I was right.

I would take G W Bush back in a heartbeat, if it were possible, Obama likewise, but those guys are term limited. Romney would suffice, or my old reliable moderate warhorse Kasich.

I can't believe I am saying this but as much as I despised the man back in the day, Rafael Edwardo Cruz would be a 100% improvement over what we have now.

Old 08-27-2019, 11:46 AM

5,101 posts, read 2,855,194 times
Quote:
I don't remember America being as divided as it is right now. Trump absolutely hates that Obama was so well liked and respected.
America has been horribly divided in the past, both recent and distant. I just read a book on Thomas Jefferson and the political climate in 1800 or so was a lot like now - the Federalists and the Democrats hated each other to the point of fist fights in the Congress and the Aaron Burr-Hamilton dual. John Adams hated immigrants and the press so much he got the Alien and Sedition Act passed (it was repealed within 6 years).

Hoover and Roosevelt were like Trump and a Progressive Democrat. Those two hated each other, Hoover said Roosevelt's New Deal was going to ruin the country (it didn't).

The climate now does not seem all that different from the Vietnam/Civil-Rights era.

People and politics are volatile everywhere. America is no different. Sometimes we all get along but basically people are tribal so the natural state of affairs is to be at each others' throats. Trump seems to like that more than most Presidents and that is going to go against him in history books.

Old 08-27-2019, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
America has been horribly divided in the past, both recent and distant. I just read a book on Thomas Jefferson and the political climate in 1800 or so was a lot like now - the Federalists and the Democrats hated each other to the point of fist fights in the Congress and the Aaron Burr-Hamilton dual. John Adams hated immigrants and the press so much he got the Alien and Sedition Act passed (it was repealed within 6 years).

Hoover and Roosevelt were like Trump and a Progressive Democrat. Those two hated each other, Hoover said Roosevelt's New Deal was going to ruin the country (it didn't).

The climate now does not seem all that different from the Vietnam/Civil-Rights era.

People and politics are volatile everywhere. America is no different. Sometimes we all get along but basically people are tribal so the natural state of affairs is to be at each others' throats. Trump seems to like that more than most Presidents and that is going to go against him in history books.
I think the internet and social media have increased everybody's exposure to it too. I remember the volatility of the 60s.

Old 08-27-2019, 11:54 AM

3,719 posts, read 2,449,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
W was the most disappointing president ever, a real let down for me.

Trump is not as much of a let down because I did not expect much good to come of him, and sadly it turns out I was right.

I would take G W Bush back in a heartbeat, if it were possible, Obama likewise, but those guys are term limited. Romney would suffice, or my old reliable moderate warhorse Kasich.

I can't believe I am saying this but as much as I despised the man back in the day, Rafael Edwardo Cruz would be a 100% improvement over what we have now.

Every one that knows Trump didnt expected much from him, and they're not surprised. Just what he delivers, mindless self indulging, Im the King, Im the genius, Im the man of the year. This rhetoric they were not surprised. Thats what they expected. You want to be a jubilant azz, do it on somebody else's dollar.

Old 08-27-2019, 12:35 PM

2,859 posts, read 945,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
Every one that knows Trump didnt expected much from him, and they're not surprised. Just what he delivers, mindless self indulging, Im the King, Im the genius, Im the man of the year. This rhetoric they were not surprised. Thats what they expected. You want to be a jubilant azz, do it on somebody else's dollar.

I think all of have learned that people who have to continually be blowing their own horn are doing it out of deep seated insecurities, and they are trying to convince people,and reassure themselves, that they are actually ok.

When we see a man, like Donald Trump, who does that, coupled with his very negative disposition, it tells me he has some mental issues that rule his life. No one can have a normal conversation with Trump, he either goes off on a tangent, bragging about himself, or, he takes offense and goes into attack mode.

In any event, he is not someone I would want to know or have anything to do with. I find him to be a downer....not a quality you want in someone who is supposed to be a leader and uniter.

Old 08-27-2019, 12:35 PM

6,471 posts, read 5,560,364 times
History will remember Obama as the first bi-racial (half black) President. And for that only. End of story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or