Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2019, 08:25 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,807,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
how much of the story - which is merely quoting parts of and expanding commentary of - a WaPo opinion piece, did you read?

the quoted author stated "Trump seems terrified". Not "sources say" or somesuch.

It is pretty well known that Trump is obsessed with Obama, and undoing anything he thinks Obama did. I admit I skimmed... but the lead (which frequently is wrong) is "Trump IS terrified"
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2019, 08:37 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
While you anti Obama people have a knee jerk reaction to anything the former President accomplished you might want to do a quick review of some of his accomplishments as many of them are a benefit to you .

=https://washingtonmonthly.com/magazi...nts-revisited/
I'm sure it gave you a rise, but I didnt make it past the first obsequious sentence. It's obviously extremely partisan.

Quote:
In March 2012, we compiled a list of what were, at the time, President Barack Obama’s greatest achievements, to accompany our cover story, “The Incomplete Greatness of Barack Obama.”

Old 08-27-2019, 08:39 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
If Trump would have any concern with the human beings and the natural world instead of the fantasy he lives inside of.....we'd all be much better off.

Being in last places means a lot of us - and the natural world - will suffer. That's nothing to celebrate but, then again, there is absolutely nothing anyone can do to help except get him out of that office.

His spread has risen again - even in the last couple of hours!

Whatever he is doing, 30% more Americans certainly don't approve of it...than do. That's massive!

Old 08-27-2019, 10:07 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,524,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Then, you would have to be happy with another Iraq, or in the case of Obama's case Libya, Syria, or the 2000 Americans dead in Afghanistan.

So sad that the bragging Trump is a much more peaceful than either one of those fools
Yeah.. ok.

Old 08-27-2019, 10:28 PM

50,239 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Run that bu Osama Bin Laden or all the people who enjoy their ACA.
I haven't really ran by anyone enjoying their ACA. You? People that are getting any sort of discount are getting it from those taxed for it. It's not hard to figure out.

Old 08-27-2019, 11:29 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,539,444 times
He's right.
Attached Thumbnails
Trump "terrified" history will remember Obama as a better president than him-obama-trump-twitter.png  

Old 08-27-2019, 11:37 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,539,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I haven't really ran by anyone enjoying their ACA. You? People that are getting any sort of discount are getting it from those taxed for it. It's not hard to figure out.
Those who qualify have to file a tax return and meet income requirements. They pay into it. Sit down.

Old 08-27-2019, 11:41 PM

1,254 posts, read 1,057,802 times
I am 100% certain, no doubt in my mind, that Obama will be remembered as a much better president than Trump. He just outright lied and made up that the Chinese called him to work on a trade deal. The Chinese called him out on that lie. He did this only to boost the stock market. He is making the United States the laughing stock of the world. He is already being compared to Herbert Hoover. We need a real leader to fix this in 2020. God help us if Trump wins again.

Old 08-28-2019, 01:39 AM

33,310 posts, read 12,484,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
Those who qualify have to file a tax return and meet income requirements. They pay into it. Sit down.
Wrong.

Those are the requirements to get a subsidy, but that is unrelated to the policy itself. Some of us lost policies that we liked (that were quite personally comprehensive), and were stuck with the ACA regulation policy choices on the exchange while paying 100% of the premium because we don't qualify for a subsidy.

Old 08-28-2019, 01:59 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,394,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Meh. You got that wrong. Its the guy in the WH now. The one with the bad comb over. You now. Putin's lackey.
What this nation is going to remember are the anti-American communists and their positions of power in the so-called press (their propaganda organs) that attempted a soft-coup by falsely projecting their historically-obvious Russian origins onto a democratically elected President.

And here you are after being held up to the light, still repeating the same poorly crafted propaganda lines. An act that predicts that this isn't going to end well for your side.

The Left and their propaganda organs (press) have fatally impugned their core character. Obama and Trump aren't remotely comparable. Obama has communist propagandists dictating his image to the public, with the inverse image being dictated about their enemies.

The "better President" is at minimum evident by his lack of endorsement by the anti-American, anti-democratic communist propagandist nasties that serve as Obama's public relations team and therefore attempt obfuscate any objective notion of Presidential fitness and worth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies