U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 06:51 AM

11,168 posts, read 2,907,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Well, then, we have no problem as many of the people taking them would not be the John Galts of this world...an even if JG was taking them, it would be to feel more genius - like Rushbo did.

So, probably solved. But we have to grab a couple tens of billions for the various states because it looks good to the few out there who don't know the score.

I also see no problem with opiates....except they are hard to get in some places. I was having a convo with an old friend in Vegas (he's a pot head) and he was saying he just walks out from of his apartment and they sell black tar (crude heroin/opium) which vast numbers of people put into their cigarettes for a little extra buzz.

None of that here in New England. You have to go score the real thing (white) which is probably fent. laced.
Yep, in the western US, its all black tar heroin, here in the midwest, we mostly saw the brown/gray powder type. There is a big difference between white heroin and Fentanyl though, Fentanyl is MUCH more powerful than white (pure) heroin, but it largely depends on how it is used, if white heroin is injected, it morphs into '6MAM', if its snorted or smoked, its much less potent.

Fentanyl is just as potent no matter how it is used.

I remember from my days of using, fentanyl was more expensive than white heroin too, (no dealer is going to sell Fentanyl disguised as heroin), that would be a loss for them, A gram of pure Fentanyl used to go for about $250 a gram (4 yrs ago), where normal brown/gray heroin was around $160 a gram.

Its kind of funny, back in the 1970s and 80s, heroin was known a cheap drug...its anything but cheap today!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 06:54 AM

11,308 posts, read 6,607,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skezo View Post
Jeff Sessions legacy was going after legit pharma companies that manufactured opiates that serve important issues.

Never mind fentanyl and Heroin.
One of many reasons he will go down as one of the worst attorney generals ever.
Andrew Yang wants to legalize opioids.

Old Today, 06:55 AM

11,308 posts, read 6,607,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
The most drugs I ever got was for oral surgery. Yeah, it was painful.

And, somehow, I was able to stop on my own without getting addicted. Go figure.

The entire story about how an innocent patient (who never took drugs before) got their wisdom teeth out and suddenly became addicted . . . sounds good. But the reality is is that the majority of the addicted were already taking other drugs.
Ringo and I agree on something. Must be the right way to go.

Old Today, 07:10 AM

11,168 posts, read 2,907,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Andrew Yang wants to legalize opioids.
Do you mean de-regulated?

Most opioids are legal...its just depends on who you buy them from really!

(if you go thru a doctor and pharmacy...they are legal, if you buy from another person (even if its the same exact pill...its illegal), that alone should be enough for anyone to recognize there is something shady going on with opioid laws.

Old Today, 10:25 AM

16,443 posts, read 4,322,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Do you mean de-regulated?

Most opioids are legal...its just depends on who you buy them from really!

(if you go thru a doctor and pharmacy...they are legal, if you buy from another person (even if its the same exact pill...its illegal), that alone should be enough for anyone to recognize there is something shady going on with opioid laws.
In Canada (formerly, at least) and in many other countries "light" opiates were OTC - specially, 10-15mg of Codeine mixed with aspirin or other NSAIDs.

So it's not like this idea is far-out.

What should be done, IMHO, is that some very light opiates should be legalized similarly to pot. One might even be able to buy smokeable opium or poppy tea (so-called Soda) in the same dispensaries (over 21)....

At the same time I am in favor of it being criminal to manufacture and distribute heavy synthetics (Fent.)

Old Today, 01:52 PM

23,048 posts, read 17,056,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
The most drugs I ever got was for oral surgery. Yeah, it was painful.

And, somehow, I was able to stop on my own without getting addicted. Go figure.

The entire story about how an innocent patient (who never took drugs before) got their wisdom teeth out and suddenly became addicted . . . sounds good. But the reality is is that the majority of the addicted were already taking other drugs.
I agree with this. I broke my ankle some years back, and in the E/R I was given Vicodin. Within 5 minutes, I felt no pain, and was cracking jokes and laughing with the X-ray tech like I was drunk. It was a really, really good feeling.

Because of that, I know better than to ever accept a prescription for Vicodin. Just that one experience made me realize that it could be addictive, because you really feel good when you're on it. I'm not an addict of anything, but those who already are, would not say 'no'.

As for anything like oxycontin, I don't understand why anyone would take that or get addicted to it. I was prescribed that, and all it did was make me feel sick, I hallucinated 2 times, so I stopped taking them and stuck to Ibuprofen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies