U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 01:30 PM

18,077 posts, read 11,435,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Are activists allowed to register people to vote while wearing a t-shirt advertising a candidate? Or a candidate wearing her shirt while registering people to vote?

Sure, it doesn't exclude them from doing that.....free country and all.

Good for this young man. Hope more young people follow his example.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 01:39 PM

29,574 posts, read 40,065,574 times
The OP should have spared us the blatant racism. It was hardly just blacks. The Popeye/Chik-fi-let chicken sandwich social media battle crossed all ethnic lines, but not age apparently. There were lines of white, brown, black and whatever people at every Popeye's in the Phoenix metro even a couple days ago. The power of social media is mind-boggling. What I found interesting is that my kid who stood in line for an hour said the Popeye's staff told them not to worry as a truckload of sandwiches had just arrived (at night). Same at other stores. There were plenty of sandwiches to meet demand that was many fold larger than normal. Clearly this thing was hatched (pun intended).

The verdict from here? Chik-filet tastes better and the young people are voting for anybody but Trump.

Old Today, 01:49 PM

36,319 posts, read 10,777,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
This one sad story, but I also find beauty in this story do to the fact that this young teen cares about his community, cares about the economic health of his community, while also improving the community political outlook and image. The community this teen comes from is a black American community. During the past few days, black America went crazy due to a new product from Popeyes Chicken going viral on Twitter which became a trending topic. Millions and millions of Americans within the niche racial demographic lined up in droves to purchase chicken sandwiches from Popeyes Chicken. While folks are waiting for to order chicken sandwiches from Popeyes. This young teen took the time and effort to have folks waiting for chicken, to be registered for voting. In a few hours, the young teen had a about a handful of Popeyes customers registered to vote.

I really commend this kid for what he did, and his civic action in order to have people to get the vote out. It is sad that folks care more about GMO chicken, instead of voting for your future and your dollars.

https://www.businessinsider.com/davi...popeyes-2019-8

LMAO Let us know when he goes to Chick-fil-A.

Old Today, 02:28 PM

39 posts, read 4,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post

I had to rep you on here. I'm in agreement. I wish more people were as civic minded as the young teen. I hope he recieved a scholarship of some sort for his actions and activism.

Old Today, 02:33 PM

39 posts, read 4,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The OP should have spared us the blatant racism. It was hardly just blacks. The Popeye/Chik-fi-let chicken sandwich social media battle crossed all ethnic lines, but not age apparently. There were lines of white, brown, black and whatever people at every Popeye's in the Phoenix metro even a couple days ago. The power of social media is mind-boggling. What I found interesting is that my kid who stood in line for an hour said the Popeye's staff told them not to worry as a truckload of sandwiches had just arrived (at night). Same at other stores. There were plenty of sandwiches to meet demand that was many fold larger than normal. Clearly this thing was hatched (pun intended).

The verdict from here? Chik-filet tastes better and the young people are voting for anybody but Trump.

I have yet to try out the sandwich. I did walk past a Popeyes not to long ago and it was packed. I live in a diverse area of the country and neighborhood. When I approached the Popeyes, not one Hispanic, Asian or white person was online waiting to purchase an item btw. It was packed so decided not to wait. I can not judge what chicken sandwich is best. If anything, I probably make a better chicken sandwich than most fast food institutions.

Last edited by Checkmarkblue; Today at 02:46 PM..

Old Today, 02:40 PM

12,159 posts, read 16,907,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
LMAO Let us know when he goes to Chick-fil-A.

Is someone stopping you?

Old Today, 02:54 PM
Status: "Proud American, Always and Forever" (set 22 days ago)

12,637 posts, read 6,557,595 times
While I'd honestly have a problem giving my personal information to someone in line at a Popeyes, good them I guess

Old Today, 03:06 PM

13,867 posts, read 7,561,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post

Great. Then it should be no problem if people wear MAGA hats while recruiting new voters.

Old Today, 03:11 PM

2,388 posts, read 772,504 times
I had to drive past the line of people waiting for the Popeyes down near NCSU the other day. I'm sorry, no fast-food product is good enough to wait in line for over an hour. I wouldn't even wait that long for Chick-fil-A, and I love C-f-A.

Old Today, 03:13 PM

13,867 posts, read 7,561,871 times
Someone should suggest to the Trump campaign to outfit activists in Trump shirts and MAGA hats to register new voters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies