U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:22 PM

11,952 posts, read 5,063,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
You are 200% correct!

Entertainers should entertain, not pontificate!
What should random internet people who obviously don't understand science do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 07:26 PM

9,702 posts, read 6,421,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
It won't matter much longer as the whole planet goes up in flames. 120 years and the big off will happen.

Let me know how that works out for you

Old Yesterday, 07:26 PM

3,094 posts, read 1,249,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
No matter which political side you are on, it's a fact that trees are extremely beneficial to the earth. Why people don't have a problem with them being obliterated is beyond me. It seems like so much of society has no problem with the destruction of the very nature that sustains us. It's very sad and disturbing.
I donít know where you live but a high percentage of Americans live where forests were cleared.

Over 1 million square miles of the Amazon is protected. Do you feel we should be able to force Brazil to preserve more.

Old Yesterday, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
So are you claiming that the Amazon in not ablaze? The news media often gets lazy and posts "file photos", but trust me the rainforest is burning, and it is important to us all.

Why should we trust you? Are you in Brazil?

That's the same problem with the Hollywood bull crappers! They are preaching about something that they know nothing about while criss-crossing the world in their private jets

Old Yesterday, 07:31 PM

23,922 posts, read 12,589,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
I donít know where you live but a high percentage of Americans live where forests were cleared.

Over 1 million square miles of the Amazon is protected. Do you feel we should be able to force Brazil to preserve more.
I don't think we have to force Brazil to do anything but we can encourage educating farmers with proper techniques that will maintain the integrity of the environment.

Old Yesterday, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
The problem is we are all connected. What happens in one part of the world, especially ecologically, affects us all in one way or another.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo9AH4vG2wA

Old Yesterday, 08:12 PM

27,630 posts, read 19,400,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
itís kinda silly anyway. lungs USE oxygen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Someone is in need of a botany course.
iíve had several.

where did you take one that teaches that lungs donít use oxygen?

Old Yesterday, 08:23 PM

9,575 posts, read 2,913,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
I don’t know where you live but a high percentage of Americans live where forests were cleared.

Yes, you are right about the clear cutting of forests, all over the world. I know some trees need to be cut down for development, although I think there is too much development, but I don't see the need to clear cut forests like they do.

I don't think we can force another country to do anything. However, it's a damn shame that he's doing what he's doing. So much wildlife habitat is being disseminated and for what? Greed. Pure and simple. Humans have the wrong headed idea that they're the only beings on earth that are important.

BTW, my family uprooted and moved from where we went back generations because of the over-development. Couldn't handle that heartbreak anymore.

Old Yesterday, 08:24 PM

11,952 posts, read 5,063,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
iíve had several.

where did you take one that teaches that lungs donít use oxygen?
It's pretty silly that you can't understand the analogy.

Old Yesterday, 08:27 PM

32,371 posts, read 20,402,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
We are talking physics, not spiritual.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or