U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 02:51 PM

39 posts, read 4,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Who will carry the mantle?

Who will lead the Republican Party after Trump is no longer in the picture? Who among the many is waiting in the wings to succeed Trump when his time has passed? Is there an obvious successor?

I ask this because the time for Trump is finite. He will be out of office in 2025 or possibly even sooner, if he does not prevail in the next election or his health takes a turn. This is a serious question.

What prominent person in the party today is acceptable to Trump supporters and an obvious choice to carry the party forward? Has anyone an opinion on this? Has Trump said anything about it?

I would have made this a poll, however there is not enough information available to me to offer credible options at this time. Please discuss.

Both the Republican Party and Democrat party has been destroyed from within, mainly from broken promises by millions in the past 50 years. For the bases of both parties. They either might have to string along with whatever, or do what I do and just go independent and don't vote on party lines and vote only for policy that suites you the individual or your community. Trump and his base MAGA has destroyed the corporate sector of the Republican party. While on the Democrat wing, the Social Justice, Woke and intersectional left also have destroyed the Democrat party while being at odds with the corporate Democrats. This leaves plenty of middle of the road liberals on both left and right camps without a clear leader to support.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 02:57 PM
Status: "Make sure you include me in your manifesto" (set 27 days ago)

8,342 posts, read 3,274,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Who knows who will rise as leader of the republicans after trump is no longer president. Perhaps Nikki Haley? I like her politics!

Who is leading the democrats in your opinion? Who carries the DNC "mantle"?
Isn't she an old fashioned neocon warmonger though? I hate to say it but I think Trump is going to end up being a mere speed bump on our highway to hell and once he's out of the picture the establishment from both parties are just going to pick up where they left off.

Old Today, 02:59 PM

35,566 posts, read 19,539,511 times
Lightbulb Who will carry the mantle?

It's crystal clear:

Whoever Putin appoints.

Old Today, 03:06 PM

13,180 posts, read 4,038,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifty Seven View Post
Isn't she an old fashioned neocon warmonger though? I hate to say it but I think Trump is going to end up being a mere speed bump on our highway to hell and once he's out of the picture the establishment from both parties are just going to pick up where they left off.
I agree. Trump is the greatest president we had in over 50 years and the greatest will ever have again and he was just merely a speed bump on the highway to dystopia the establishment has laid out.

Old Today, 03:22 PM

12,428 posts, read 7,072,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Trump is the biggest reason many of those people are former Republicans.
I will vote for trump.

I might have voted for a moderate democrat, but there isn't one running.

Last edited by texan2yankee; Today at 03:31 PM..

Old Today, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Let us see if people show up in 2020 to vote for trump. I will.
I will too, but I don't expect he'll win re-election and our mere speed bump will be gone forever in 2020 but certainly in 2024.

Old Today, 03:32 PM

4,007 posts, read 3,308,878 times
I can't be the only one fed up with US party politics, so, how many will simply realize the game is fast becoming a no win for anyone except the upper class rulers which have dominated both parties. I'm no fan of the Clintons, or Obama, and Trump? Well, he's an absolute ass-hat-clown in exile from his gold castle in nuu-york.

Who will be stupid enough to insist that the system we have is actually working anywhere near it's potential? Instead of real issues being debated we get the same o'l crap of mud slinging and time and money burning "investigations" of each other's slimy politics. The real friction is between the more extreme factions of both parties, the moderates, in both parties, have been tossed aside in favor of media darling dimwits speaking for the entire party membership. The elections have denigrated down to a contest to see who can cater best to the most extreme views of their party. No room for moderates here.

Living through the years with twelve presidents has taught me a lot about the fact of political insincerity, I now know there is no such thing as an honest politician, I now understand the "game" of politics, and moreover, I know the futility in hoping there will be a political solution to our problems. I'm really wondering if the bulk of American voters aren't just used up, and tired of the party conflicts. I'm sick of the meatheads who think of Hilary as a goddess, not to mention the truly ignorant types who support the Donald, as though he ever had anything worthwhile to say beyond his stupid sound/tweet bites which only reveal his retardation in ways that would embarrass the average pol-- but never the Donald. US politics is a mess!!

Old Today, 03:33 PM

9,945 posts, read 2,443,964 times
Quote:
Let us see if people show up in 2020 to vote for trump. I will.
I listened to him with great interest in 2015, but I decided I couldn't go there.

In any case, he is unique in Republican politics and I am having a hard time visualizing where the party will go after him. I just don't see the party coming up with someone most Trump supporters can identify with. Perhaps I am wrong, I would like to see what people who identify strongly with Trump think.

Some thoughts: Is there anyone in the white house today that appeals to Trump supporters and would be true to the legacy of Donald J. Trump? Stephen Miller? Mulvaney? ... Ivanka?

... or how about Steve Bannon? ... how about Mark Meadows?

Old Today, 03:35 PM

12,428 posts, read 7,072,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I will too, but I don't expect he'll win re-election and our mere speed bump will be gone forever in 2020 but certainly in 2024.
based on your posts and as a republican, I think people with your point of view would be more comfortable with democrats.

Last edited by texan2yankee; Today at 03:54 PM..

Old Today, 03:45 PM

Quote:
based on your posts and as a republican, I hope people with your point of view defect to the democrats.
Haha my kind, your kind of republican are no different than the democrats on the same road headed to the same destination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies