U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Yesterday, 10:27 AM
 
12,268 posts, read 6,817,457 times
Reputation: 13174

Advertisements

If something doesn't change they going to have to give lobotomies to Asians. They are succeeding at dumbing down whites. They will have to work on killing Asian culture to get those kids to stop being so smart and studying so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Yesterday, 10:28 AM
 
Location: Suburb of Chicago
21,440 posts, read 10,335,820 times
Reputation: 20593
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
you cant define gifted as the top 2 to 5 %( or IQ Of 120/130 and above) and then say 40% of the population can be gifted in a given area. That just isnt true and im not sure why you think it is.



As for test taking, You absolutely can be taught to ace a test, especially if you have seen versions of the test. Clearly if you are allowed to retake the test or have the money to study with someone who has, you will do better than those who havent. So those few extra points from high Q but not gifted students that get them over the mark matter.

So while they could indeed benefit from the harder curriculum, the poor kid with the exact same IQ doesnt get the chance simply because they couldnt afford a tutor to get them the extra points to pass. Or their parents dont have the money to pay for an appeal like in states like Virginia, which you referenced and has its own problems.
I live in a wealthy area. The only kids who had tutors were the ones who were struggling in a class and needed the extra help in order to pass.

Passing doesn't mean you're going to suddenly be moved into a gifted program. If you need a tutor, you aren't getting into the gifted program.

Poor kids who study hard have the same opportunity to get into accelerated classes as the next person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 10:29 AM
 
Location: Suburb of Chicago
21,440 posts, read 10,335,820 times
Reputation: 20593
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
If something doesn't change they going to have to give lobotomies to Asians. They are succeeding at dumbing down whites. They will have to work on killing Asian culture to get those kids to stop being so smart and studying so much.
Asians aren't dumbing down whites. Liberals are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 10:39 AM
 
13,210 posts, read 4,046,107 times
Reputation: 3949
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
If something doesn't change they going to have to give lobotomies to Asians. They are succeeding at dumbing down whites. They will have to work on killing Asian culture to get those kids to stop being so smart and studying so much.
The left will probably tolerate Asians being over achievers. The left will not tolerate white over achievement though, and have successfully placed burdens and obstacles on whites to make them underachievers.

When a non-white group over achieves whites in any endeavor or measure, it's because the non-whites worked hard and earned it, and whites are lazy and irresponsible. And when whites over achieve in an endeavor or measure, it's because whites are "privileged" and discriminated against non-whites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 10:40 AM
 
12,268 posts, read 6,817,457 times
Reputation: 13174
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Asians aren't dumbing down whites. Liberals are.
That's what I meant. "They" - libs. Asians better look out, when whites have been taken down by "them" (libs), "they" (libs) will come for the Asians, and Asians tend to vote democrat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 10:41 AM
 
13,210 posts, read 4,046,107 times
Reputation: 3949
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Asians aren't dumbing down whites. Liberals are.
Most Asians are liberals and have guilt on their hands. As long as liberals squeeze out whites by the bottom with blacks and Hispanics and by the top with Asians, then it's all good with them. "The people of color" vs white.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 10:46 AM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,622 posts, read 11,699,392 times
Reputation: 4377
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I live in a wealthy area. The only kids who had tutors were the ones who were struggling in a class and needed the extra help in order to pass.

Passing doesn't mean you're going to suddenly be moved into a gifted program. If you need a tutor, you aren't getting into the gifted program.

Poor kids who study hard have the same opportunity to get into accelerated classes as the next person.
Im not sure if you are joking or if you just seriously dont understand the context to which you are responding to.


Yes, tutors help people who are failing classes, but tutors also help people who are higher up who still want to improve on their grade or do better on a specific test. If you genuinly never heard of that, then your community was either less wealthy than you claim, or you were just naive to it. My community is on the lower end and even I knew of smart kids who hired tutors to help them get higher grades on standardized tests, ACT, SAT, ARMT, Grad exams, and so on.


And in the case of New York, yes, passing a standardized test is exactly how you get into the gifted program there, at least according to the article.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 10:47 AM
 
12,268 posts, read 6,817,457 times
Reputation: 13174
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
The left will probably tolerate Asians being over achievers. The left will not tolerate white over achievement though, and have successfully placed burdens and obstacles on whites to make them underachievers.

When a non-white group over achieves whites in any endeavor or measure, it's because the non-whites worked hard and earned it, and whites are lazy and irresponsible. And when whites over achieve in an endeavor or measure, it's because whites are "privileged" and discriminated against non-whites.
Yes, but They will need someone to chase down after the demise (much of it self-inflicted) of white people.. I believe They are already going after Asians for their numbers in universities. They will go after Chinese/Japanese before Indians, for racist reasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 10:53 AM
 
Location: Suburb of Chicago
21,440 posts, read 10,335,820 times
Reputation: 20593
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
That's what I meant. "They" - libs. Asians better look out, when whites have been taken down by "them" (libs), "they" (libs) will come for the Asians, and Asians tend to vote democrat.
Ah, thanks for the clarification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Im not sure if you are joking or if you just seriously dont understand the context to which you are responding to.


Yes, tutors help people who are failing classes, but tutors also help people who are higher up who still want to improve on their grade or do better on a specific test. If you genuinly never heard of that, then your community was either less wealthy than you claim, or you were just naive to it. My community is on the lower end and even I knew of smart kids who hired tutors to help them get higher grades on standardized tests, ACT, SAT, ARMT, Grad exams, and so on.


And in the case of New York, yes, passing a standardized test is exactly how you get into the gifted program there, at least according to the article.
You're talking about two different things. I know a few families who paid for tutors or online classes to help them study before taking the ACT or SAT test - but that has NOTHING to do with getting into gifted programs.

Nobody in my kids high school had to test for accelerated classes. They were recommended by teachers who saw they were sailing through the material and not challenged. And they went to one of the highest ranked high schools in the state, and is ranked 155 in the nation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 10:56 AM
 
Location: Boston
8,333 posts, read 2,439,167 times
Reputation: 5949
Always remember parents, little Johnnie is special, just like everyone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top