U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 05:38 PM

34,627 posts, read 18,831,628 times

Advertisements

I'd like to know why the OP thinks this is any different than when the left does not like something the right does, they call for that person to be fired or boycotted?

Yes, I understand walsh.....he is about as republican as mccain was.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 05:39 PM

11,849 posts, read 8,592,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Yes, and the Zapple Doctrine is no longer, as well. But I think Section 315 is what is in question and what they're trying to steer clear of.

https://www.fcc.gov/media/policy/sta...es-advertising
T
hanks for the link and info.

My friend has sold radio and tv advertising way longer than she prefers. she tells me they even use ads when calculating equal time.

Old Yesterday, 05:41 PM

23,949 posts, read 12,596,937 times
Wasn't the Tea Party a big fan of his.?

Old Yesterday, 05:54 PM
Status: "but it depends on what the definition of "is" is." (set 28 days ago)

3,882 posts, read 690,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
He lost it because he announced he was running for President and Salem Radio doesn't want to get into the whole mess with regard to FCC regulations. Continuing to air the show might appear that they're politically endorsing him / giving air time to him and not other candidates.
And btw Salem is overwhelmingly a right-wing outfit. I'm not sure, but I think they are Michael Medved's syndicator. I would have guessed that this is standard procedure. We had a talk host who ran for WA gov, and one who ran for US House. Both had to give up their shows. Both lost and went back to their shows after the election.

Old Yesterday, 05:55 PM
Status: "but it depends on what the definition of "is" is." (set 28 days ago)

3,882 posts, read 690,901 times
I've heard the Joe Walsh show several times late at night. I didn't consider it to be very good.

Old Yesterday, 06:46 PM

7,447 posts, read 3,832,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
You mean like Russia hacked our election and Trump is a Kremlin asset?
Who said they hacked our election?
The Mueller testimony said that they interfered with our election because they did and Moscow Mitch is giving them the green light to interfere again. The only Trump allies that aren`t criminals or crazy are traitors.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/1805955001/

Old Yesterday, 06:52 PM

21,440 posts, read 10,342,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Thanks for the link and info.

My friend has sold radio and tv advertising way longer than she prefers. she tells me they even use ads when calculating equal time.
That doesn't surprise me. God forbid one of the crybaby pols gets 20 seconds less than the other crybaby....lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
And btw Salem is overwhelmingly a right-wing outfit. I'm not sure, but I think they are Michael Medved's syndicator. I would have guessed that this is standard procedure. We had a talk host who ran for WA gov, and one who ran for US House. Both had to give up their shows. Both lost and went back to their shows after the election.
Since he was in the Tea Party I figured that might be the slant of the station. I think it is standard procedure, as you say, but someone should tell old Joe because apparently, he's unaware.

Old Yesterday, 08:42 PM

21,772 posts, read 14,623,481 times
Before Reagan became President, he had a national 1/2 hour daily radio show. When he announced he planned to run for the presidency, he stopped his show.

Even if the equal time rule is no longer there, a radio station could still have to give equal time to an opposing candidate to keep their FCC license. Political speech is different that common speech or opinionated speech. There are rules the FCC requires for politicians that do not apply to any others.

I don't know if Reagen was forced off the air. I doubt it, because of who he was as a person, and because anyone who is running for that office has far more to do than waste time on a radio show daily.

But if a national chain of radio stations was threatened by losing its rights to broadcast, I'm pretty sure they would force an unwilling candidate off the air.

After all, if you remember 2015, at first Donald Trump thought he could run and still do his TV show weekly. NBC put a stop to that, despite Trump's unwillingness to end 'The Celebrity Apprentice". That Trump owned the show made no difference.

Old Today, 01:51 AM

34,833 posts, read 33,926,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
It's amazing how many extreme righties on this board have never heard of Joe Walsh. A fellow right wing crazy type guy who actually served in Congress.

LOL.
I bet you don't know my Congressman. If he wasn't my Congressman I wouldn't know him. I think he gets re-elected because he keeps his head down. He was barely mentioned when that lefty shot up the ballfield he was at. Maybe the Walsh radio show is local.

Old Today, 01:52 AM

34,833 posts, read 33,926,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
If you watched Who is America you definitely know him!

Of course, the Right has amnesias when it comes to the Tea Party an balancing the budget and all of those type of things so we can excuse it. Now it's about White Nationalism and more debt and deficit.

See 1:12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VOX53aBUrs
Never heard of Who Is America, either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies