U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-27-2019, 09:14 PM
 
1,156 posts, read 324,287 times
Reputation: 3224

Advertisements

Sounds about right. They never care about anyone but themselves... so nothing is good until they or theirs have need of it. (And even then, they often try to justify why their situation is "different" and they deserve it.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-27-2019, 10:38 PM
 
931 posts, read 456,319 times
Reputation: 902
Conservatives believe quality healthcare should only be available to those with money and influence. The middle and working classes be damned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2019, 10:48 PM
 
33,105 posts, read 16,926,681 times
Reputation: 17957
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
Conservatives believe quality healthcare should only be available to those with money and influence.
Ah, but you're wrong. Some conservatives are capable of developing a powerful capacity for empathy once they, or someone they care about, are afflicted. Admittedly, a sizable portion would happily live in lean-tos and eat rats, as long as they were promised that brown people and liberals only got half a rat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2019, 10:51 PM
 
33,105 posts, read 16,926,681 times
Reputation: 17957
Quote:
Originally Posted by zortation View Post
I never knew that "pre-exisiting condition" insurance jargon could be tagged onto a helpless infant with a congenital defect. It amazes me that people think that this is just, normal? I'm at a loss...
The US has managed to set up a heath care funding where sick people are liabilities. Of course the private insurance companies will fight tooth and nail to cut payments. It's their purpose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2019, 08:22 AM
 
873 posts, read 942,635 times
Reputation: 1045
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
-Duffy's soon-to-be born ninth child will require heart surgery soon after her birth.

Since Duffy is retiring soon, he plans to get a COBRA insurance plan for his family.







https://thinkprogress.org/retiring-c...BCxHP8yLF_6JTk


Issues are political until they become personal.
He’s just extending his EXISTING insurance coverage via COBRA so it has nothing to do with “pre-existing conditions”. That’s how Cobra has worked forever. He’s not switching insurance policies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2019, 08:31 AM
 
Location: OH->FL->NJ
10,351 posts, read 8,243,690 times
Reputation: 4449
Wow. one of the few not retiring from congress rich. Est net worth is negative. Then again, 9 kids...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2019, 08:43 AM
 
Location: Massachusetts
1,953 posts, read 3,826,138 times
Reputation: 3411
Quote:
Originally Posted by zortation View Post
I never knew that "pre-exisiting condition" insurance jargon could be tagged onto a helpless infant with a congenital defect. It amazes me that people think that this is just, normal? I'm at a loss...
That situation is the definition of pre-existing condition from an insurance perspective. I recall pre-reform and before I had employer-sponsored insurance my insurance would not cover anything to do with my kidneys because of my pre-existing condition. What was that pre-existing condition? I have a genetic form of aniridia which means I don't have irises in my eyes. I don't recall all the details now but the logic was something along the lines of since kidney function is impacted by the same gene groups as your eyes, then I had a pre-existing condition relating to my kidneys. Insurance logic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2019, 10:30 AM
 
33,105 posts, read 16,926,681 times
Reputation: 17957
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
That situation is the definition of pre-existing condition from an insurance perspective. I recall pre-reform and before I had employer-sponsored insurance my insurance would not cover anything to do with my kidneys because of my pre-existing condition. What was that pre-existing condition? I have a genetic form of aniridia which means I don't have irises in my eyes. I don't recall all the details now but the logic was something along the lines of since kidney function is impacted by the same gene groups as your eyes, then I had a pre-existing condition relating to my kidneys. Insurance logic.
And there are literally tens of thousands of intricate cause-and-effect chains like that. Now think of all the diligent, intelligent people involved involved in making sure that the paperwork catches every conceivable cause to refuse coverage. And then ponder the fact that it's our premiums who pay for those people whose only job it is to keep sick people from getting money they need to be treated. And you'll understand why the US has the largest administrative burden of any healthcare system anywhere.

It's a stupid system, and it can't be thrown in the dustbin fast enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2019, 10:38 AM
 
Location: Boston
8,399 posts, read 2,462,156 times
Reputation: 5983
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Don't you know? Conservatives consider anything that would allow people to have access to healthcare is "immoral and illogical". And they wonder why they're losing popularity. If you sleep well at night while a less fortunate person has to choose between healthcare and food then that qualifies you as the modern-day American conservative.
People can have any type of insurance they want, just pay for it. If less fortunate means you're totally disabled, let's help them out. Others are beggars. Pretty simple for those with average intelligence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2019, 10:45 AM
 
Location: Boston
8,399 posts, read 2,462,156 times
Reputation: 5983
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLR210 View Post
He’s just extending his EXISTING insurance coverage via COBRA so it has nothing to do with “pre-existing conditions”. That’s how Cobra has worked forever. He’s not switching insurance policies.
lol...you expect dolts to understand insurance. All they know is 3 words...

ORANGE MAN BAD....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top