U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2019, 10:45 AM

15,535 posts, read 17,881,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLR210 View Post
He’s just extending his EXISTING insurance coverage via COBRA so it has nothing to do with “pre-existing conditions”. That’s how Cobra has worked forever. He’s not switching insurance policies.
COBRA lasts 18 months max.

By then, Paul Ryan's new non-profit or lobby firm will hire him for big bucks and he'll get new employer sponsored insurance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2019, 11:13 AM

12,884 posts, read 6,626,284 times
Quote:
He’s just extending his EXISTING insurance coverage via COBRA so it has nothing to do with “pre-existing conditions”. That’s how Cobra has worked forever. He’s not switching insurance policies.
/End thread.

Old 08-28-2019, 11:41 AM

12,312 posts, read 6,840,707 times
Kinda risky, fifty year olds having babies. ?? Nine kids....really.

And Puck made fun of Rachel for being a virgin. Guess she showed him.

Yes remember Sean and Rachel were early MTV reality stars. What a legacy...

So when the COBRA expires, at some point they will have to transition to new insurance. This is where people with illnesses got screwed. Now if the stars were aligned, and it was group insurance, and there could not be a gap longer than (60?) days, etc., etc. Many people didn't/couldn't meet the requirements to be in the safe zone and were kicked out of the health insurance system totally and forever. There would be long waiting periods where you could not get treatment, then maybe you would be allowed back in, but only with big group plans... Really cruel scary stuff.

Old 08-28-2019, 11:52 AM

12,054 posts, read 2,991,920 times
Groucho Marx’s November 17, 1947 radio interview with Mr. and Mrs. Story of Bakersfield, California, the parents of twenty children. This interview has become legendary for a portion of it that never aired.
Groucho: “Why do you have so many children? It must be a terrible responsibility and a burden.”

Mrs. Story: “Well, because I love my children and I think that’s our purpose here on Earth, and I love my husband.”

Groucho: “I love my cigar, too, but I take it out of my mouth once in a while.”

Old 08-28-2019, 12:07 PM

25,801 posts, read 9,968,127 times
Quote:
Wow, this went way over your head.

Or you're playing coy.

Not sure which.

Old 08-29-2019, 07:30 AM

39,092 posts, read 15,358,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
COBRA lasts 18 months max.

By then, Paul Ryan's new non-profit or lobby firm will hire him for big bucks and he'll get new employer sponsored insurance.
Whoever hires him will likely take a good long look at the insurance costs for his family as it will impact the group insurance rates.

His youngest child will have a pre-existing condition that will impact her insurability the rest of her life.

If Trump and the Republicans are successful in getting rid of the pre-existing condition protection, she and others may find that outside of group plans where the company is willing to accept the increase in rates, she will be uninsurable at anything close to affordable rates.

Old 08-29-2019, 10:53 AM

31,960 posts, read 19,907,750 times
Quote:

A COBRA is only good for 18 months. After that, the follow up treatment for the rest of that child's life will hing on a payment for a serious preexisting condition.

Congenital abnormalities of the heart remain a lifetime condition that requires medical follow up, treatment, and possible surgeries.

Old 08-29-2019, 11:27 AM

3,323 posts, read 2,129,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Wow. one of the few not retiring from congress rich. Est net worth is negative. Then again, 9 kids...

Well he's not a corrupt dRAT like Pelosi & Company.

Old 08-29-2019, 11:35 AM

1,241 posts, read 221,988 times
COBRA. Hope he is rich because that surgery and the years of follow up visits or treatment could be $1,000,000 plus. And he better hope pre-existing conditions stay covered as well.

Pre-existing conditions is one of those "Means nothing" words that can also mean everything, had to be a lawyer that came up with this one. At this point >50% of the country has a Pre-existing condition so getting rid of that coverage would mean extremely poor healthcare for most of America.

Obesity is a huge Pre-existing condition that you can hang nearly any disease on as the origin. I don't think people understand how many things used to get denied for the smallest of "Pre-existing" conditions.

Old 08-29-2019, 11:35 AM

780 posts, read 479,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
People can have any type of insurance they want, just pay for it. If less fortunate means you're totally disabled, let's help them out. Others are beggars. Pretty simple for those with average intelligence.

This kind of statement is pretty much why the rest of the world laughs at us. And it is kind of depressing that people *actually* think like this.

I guess that 9th baby didn't pull themselves up by their bootstraps hard enough, otherwise they would have been able to afford their healthcare. Or not be born with a congenital defect.

Being poor is a moral weakness. That's the America I love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or