Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2019, 04:07 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times

Advertisements

-Duffy's soon-to-be born ninth child will require heart surgery soon after her birth.

Since Duffy is retiring soon, he plans to get a COBRA insurance plan for his family.

Quote:
“We pay the full boat for that so we can transition and with the condition of the baby, we have that complete coverage,” Duffy said. “But, yeah, you are right. I had to look at that and make sure that with, open heart surgery, we had coverage to make sure that, you know, we could pay for that and we have got that worked out. So, thank God, that’s not a consideration as we look to the birth.”
Quote:
While his daughter’s coverage will be protected for up to 18 months, after that in order to insure her the Duffys will need those pre-existing condition protections.
Quote:
During his eight years in Congress, Duffy repeatedly voted to destroy Obamacare and undermine the pre-existing condition protections.
https://thinkprogress.org/retiring-c...BCxHP8yLF_6JTk

Issues are political until they become personal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2019, 06:05 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
-Duffy's soon-to-be born ninth child will require heart surgery soon after her birth.

Since Duffy is retiring soon, he plans to get a COBRA insurance plan for his family.

https://thinkprogress.org/retiring-c...BCxHP8yLF_6JTk

Issues are political until they become personal.
Exactly!

Old 08-27-2019, 06:12 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
All Republicans are closet Trotskyists and here is a great example.

Kudos to Team Blue for the catch. Your system is immoral and illogical but at least you are honest about being for armed robbery.

Old 08-27-2019, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post

Kudos to Team Blue for the catch. Your system is immoral and illogical but at least you are honest about being for armed robbery.
I have no idea what you mean and how your statement applies to guaranteed insurance coverage for preexisting conditions.

Old 08-27-2019, 06:34 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
I have no idea what you mean and how your statement applies to guaranteed insurance coverage for preexisting conditions.
Duffy's a hypocrite. That's all.

I disagree with Team Blue's health care stances but at least they practice what they preach.

Old 08-27-2019, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Duffy's a hypocrite. That's all.

I disagree with Team Blue's health care stances but at least they practice what they preach.
Thanks. This ^ I can at least understand.

Old 08-27-2019, 06:51 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,731,537 times
Quote:

Quote:

Don't you know? Conservatives consider anything that would allow people to have access to healthcare is "immoral and illogical". And they wonder why they're losing popularity. If you sleep well at night while a less fortunate person has to choose between healthcare and food then that qualifies you as the modern-day American conservative.

Old 08-27-2019, 06:55 PM

Duffy, with a total of 11 in his family and with a child needing medical attention post heart surgery, will soon find out how expensive health insurance can be. If in 18 months, insurance can charge whatever they want for preexisting conditions, Duffy is in for the challenge of his life.

Old 08-27-2019, 06:57 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,731,537 times
Quote:
Duffy, with a total of 11 in his family and with a child needing medical attention post heart surgery, will soon find out how expensive health insurance can be. If in 18 months, insurance can charge whatever they want for preexisting conditions, Duffy is in for the challenge of his life.

Couldn't happen to a "nicer" person. I say **** him. Let him see how everyone else lives.

Old 08-27-2019, 08:47 PM

2,339 posts, read 2,069,942 times
I never knew that "pre-exisiting condition" insurance jargon could be tagged onto a helpless infant with a congenital defect. It amazes me that people think that this is just, normal? I'm at a loss...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies