Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2019, 09:16 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,108,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Because everyone is amazed at how ignorant people can be. Really, there are no limits anymore.
Saying someone looks like a gorilla cannot be ignorant by definition. I know it's not what PC demands, but it's just stating an opinion on something entirely subjective - looks.

Old 08-27-2019, 09:20 PM

72,868 posts, read 62,340,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Saying someone looks like a gorilla cannot be ignorant by definition. I know it's not what PC demands, but it's just stating an opinion on something entirely subjective - looks.
You're right, it's not ignorant. It's plain stupid. It's well known that Black people have been compared to monkeys/gorillas,etc as a form of insult/race slur. Most people know better. It's called being willfully stupid and bigoted.

Old 08-27-2019, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Because everyone is amazed at how ignorant people can be. Really, there are no limits anymore.
It's not that amazing anymore. It's just exasperating. I'll admit to having hit someone for calling me the "N" word. Looking back(I was 14), it wasn't a good idea to do that. At the time, my mentality was "the only way you'll know never to call me that word again is if I hit you. If you're afraid, you'll shut up". It's not amazing. It's nothing knew. It's just now, more and more people are becoming bold with it again.

Old 08-27-2019, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
You're right, it's not ignorant. It's plain stupid. It's well known that Black people have been compared to monkeys/gorillas,etc as a form of insult/race slur. Most people know better. It's called being willfully stupid and bigoted.
IDK why it's plain stupid. Maybe she should have anticipated the rabid mob would come after her for stating her opinion. But maybe she didn't care at that very moment. We all hate playing your stupid game. If we want to say a Black man looks like a gorilla, because that's what we feel in our hearts, the world won't end.

Trying to force us to "self censor" doesn't change our minds, and you guys know that.

Old 08-27-2019, 09:24 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,465,566 times
Quote:
If life was lived in a vacuum, and there was not an ugly and violent history preceding such an observation, you would be correct. But the only people who live life in a vacuum are those with nothing but air between their ears.

Old 08-27-2019, 09:26 PM

Quote:
If life was lived in a vacuum, and there was not an ugly and violent history preceding such an observation, you would be correct. But the only people who live life in a vacuum are those with nothing but air between their ears.
If you hold people to different standards due to their race, that's called racism.

Old 08-27-2019, 09:28 PM

Quote:
IDK why it's plain stupid. Maybe she should have anticipated the rabid mob would come after her for stating her opinion. But maybe she didn't care at that very moment. We all hate playing your stupid game. If we want to say a Black man looks like a gorilla, because that's what we feel in our hearts, the world won't end.

Trying to force us to "self censor" doesn't change our minds, and you guys know that.
Anyone with that kind of opinion is stupid, period. And a despicable person. Anyone who thinks that way is disgusting, period. I don't care that you feel like I'm making you "self-censor". I don't care who much you're made to feel bad. If she got a bunch of hate online for her state, I don't care. If her career gets ruined, no sympathy from me. I've dealt with bigoted individuals going back to when I was a kid. I'm sick of people like that. One reason I smile when they get their come uppance.

Old 08-27-2019, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Anyone with that kind of opinion is stupid, period. And a despicable person. Anyone who thinks that way is disgusting, period. I don't care that you feel like I'm making you "self-censor". I don't care who much you're made to feel bad. If she got a bunch of hate online for her state, I don't care. If her career gets ruined, no sympathy from me. I've dealt with bigoted individuals going back to when I was a kid. I'm sick of people like that. One reason I smile when they get their come uppance.
Well I don't care if you hate being called a Gorilla/Chimpanzee/Insert a simian here. I don't care about your feelings. And that is that.

Old 08-27-2019, 09:30 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,838,451 times
Quote:
If you hold people to different standards due to their race, that's called racism.
The gall of leftist people saying don't compare people to gorillas while we compare you to Nazis.

Old 08-27-2019, 09:31 PM

31,938 posts, read 14,943,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I don't doubt that some women are more attracted to gorillas than men who are less than exceptionally attractive. So I guess the anchor was complimenting her unattractive co-anchor then.
It was a racist comment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies