U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 03:28 PM

30,536 posts, read 15,792,727 times

Advertisements

By setting bar too low, people on juries are more likely to let people off. By setting bar too low, police are tied up with people who are not impaired while the sloppy frunks make it to their crash on time.

Cops are doing sobriety tests not based upon signs of impairment but merely the smell of alcohol when they pull over someone for a burned out license plate light.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 09:45 PM

11,173 posts, read 2,910,816 times
I have known a few people over the years that apparently are immune to the effects of alcohol while driving!!! It may sound crazy, but these people drank like fish and would drive almost every single day of the week and NOT ONCE did any of them have an accident.

Im not sure whether they 'get used to it' or they just know how to drive while intoxicated...but I do know for a fact...its NOT luck that is keeping them safe!!! Maybe these people need to be studied?

Old Today, 03:17 PM

20,251 posts, read 14,414,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redguitar77111 View Post
Itís .05 in Utah, point .08 in the rest of America, and as low as .02 in parts of Europe.
It should be 0.15% coupled with a video-taped field sobriety test.

I made 134 DWI arrests with 131 convictions for DWI, one for DUI, one for impaired driving and one unfounded.

I got a conviction on a BAT of 0.02%.

She was driving down the road 15 mph with 4-way flashers, window down, head hanging out the window in Winter. I pulled her over. She fell getting out of the vehicle and I had to help her up. I intentionally dropped her driver's license and when she bent down to pick it up she fell over, vomited and passed out. I called for a meat wagon to take her to a hospital. The judge convicted her based on testimony from hospital staff and me.

I probably stopped three times as many people, but let them go, because even though they were legally drunk, they showed no signs of intoxication (I didn't let them drive).

Alcohol is a drug, and like any drug, the effects vary from person-to-person and even from use-to-use.

The scientific evidence proves that.

Three people have pneumonia, you give all the same antibiotic and one dies, one suffers complications but survives and one does fine.

Cancer medications and treatments may or may not work.

Psychological drugs, well, hell I had to try six different ones before I found one that actually worked.

Give 10 people the same drug and all 10 will report totally different side-effects.

That's the science, if you want to call it that.

How alcohol affects any person depends on their body weight, body mass, genes, overall physical condition, overall physiological condition, the amount of sleep in the last 72 hours, the number of meals and beverages consumed in the last 8 hours, the types of food or beverages consumed in the last 8 hours, the alcoholic beverage(s) consumed, and their emotional/mental state at the time.

To suggest that someone is intoxicated based solely on BAT is not scientifically valid.

And you can forget about those close-circuit course tests that MADD does, because they're hoaxes.

I did one of those at Miami University, and I hadn't even finished my first drink and they're all standing around saying, "Wow, you're really drunk, aren't you?" I'm like, no, are you?

It's the Power of Suggestion. They continually hound people, wow, you're really drunk, you can barely stand up, you're falling down drunk, blah, blah, blah and people act the part.

Old Today, 03:33 PM
Status: "Proud American, Always and Forever" (set 25 days ago)

12,726 posts, read 6,573,612 times
While I don't have an answer of an exact percentage BAC rate, this is one area where Congress needs to exert its influence over. If there is a point where the average person has a BAC level that is too high to safely operate a vehicle, that doesn't change simply because you live in Utah vs. New York, Arizona vs. Florida, etc.

Old Today, 03:33 PM

10,350 posts, read 12,100,512 times
Alcohol and a 3,000 pound car just don't mix.... I see too many drunks wipe out many families. They've been drinking behind the wheel for years.

No shady attorney either getting their DUI charge reduced down to a parking ticket...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies