U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-27-2019, 06:35 PM
 
Location: Unperson Everyman Land
30,836 posts, read 20,349,142 times
Reputation: 8563

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
See post #3.
In post #3 you dodged the question.

 
Old 08-27-2019, 06:35 PM
 
445 posts, read 61,394 times
Reputation: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
See post #3.
I read it. And?
 
Old 08-27-2019, 06:39 PM
 
9,821 posts, read 2,968,170 times
Reputation: 5853
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
He's advocating for abortion in the third trimester which would allow women to abort their children up to the day they're born.
How many women actually abort their babies the day before they're born? I've never heard of any doing that. Most women I know who've had abortions, and I know several, acknowledged what a heartbreaking decision abortion is.
 
Old 08-27-2019, 06:41 PM
 
Location: Kansas City, MISSOURI
9,575 posts, read 2,918,944 times
Reputation: 7337
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
1. The way we know the baby would be born tomorrow is because that was the way the hypothetical question was asked.

2. The question was to abort or not abort.

3. "Probably" wasn't part of the actual question.
The hypothetical was a hypothetical that would basically never happen. A woman, who was due to give birth tomorrow (presuming they could guess the day correctly), would never have an abortion. At that point she would have a c-section.

It's like some politician giving a hypothetical about bravely sending somebody to the moon without a space suit. And people in the crowd cheer on the thought of a brave and fearless astronaut walking around the moon without a space suit.

Well yeah, it's pretty morbid cheering on something like that.

But since it's never going to happen, the whole thing is pretty dumb.
 
Old 08-27-2019, 06:41 PM
 
445 posts, read 61,394 times
Reputation: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
How many women actually abort their babies the day before they're born? I've never heard of any doing that. Most women I know who've had abortions, and I know several, acknowledged what a heartbreaking decision abortion is.
How many women murder their infants? Very few. According to your logic we should make infanticide legal.
 
Old 08-27-2019, 06:41 PM
 
9,821 posts, read 2,968,170 times
Reputation: 5853
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
What? How do you know it won't happen?
How do you know it will? Can you give me an example of a woman who has done that just because? Do you guys think it's a fun thing for women to make the decision to have an abortion?
 
Old 08-27-2019, 06:42 PM
 
9,821 posts, read 2,968,170 times
Reputation: 5853
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
How many women murder their infants? Very few. According to your logic we should make infanticide legal.
I don't even know what your point is here. I've not heard of a woman having an abortion the day before her child was to be born.
 
Old 08-27-2019, 06:42 PM
 
445 posts, read 61,394 times
Reputation: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
How do you know it will? Can you give me an example of a woman who has done that just because? Do you guys think it's a fun thing for women to make the decision to have an abortion?
So you think women should be able to abort their children in the third trimester? If you think no women would abort then why are you against keeping it illegal?
 
Old 08-27-2019, 06:46 PM
 
9,821 posts, read 2,968,170 times
Reputation: 5853
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
So you think women should be able to abort their children in the third trimester? If you think no women would abort then why are you against keeping it illegal?
I said I've never heard of a woman aborting her baby the day it was to be born. The only instances I've read of women aborting in the third trimester are if there is an issue with the woman's health or the baby is grossly malformed.
 
Old 08-27-2019, 06:46 PM
 
Location: 500 miles from home
30,572 posts, read 16,939,890 times
Reputation: 22956
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I don't even know what your point is here. I've not heard of a woman having an abortion the day before her child was to be born.
There is no such thing as an abortion on the delivery room table. None. That is infanticide and it is illegal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top