U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-28-2019, 03:44 PM
 
5,892 posts, read 1,487,204 times
Reputation: 4561

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
What kind of women do you know that would go through a pregnancy for almost a year, and then suddenly decide they don't want to have a baby? You do understand that late-term abortions are extremely expensive? And that the doctors who perform these complicated procedures require to be paid up-front?
It sounds disgusting, doesn't it? But it happens. A normal person would think someone couldn't do it. Geez, women murder their babies after they are born because they don't want them.

 
Old 08-28-2019, 03:46 PM
 
40,331 posts, read 24,629,987 times
Reputation: 12779
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
A radical murderous wacko out to make a point would do it. By that time it would be a free procedure anyway.
It would be free????? On what planet?

And why would a radical murderous wacko get pregnant and stay pregnant for most of a year?? Pregnancy isn't fun.
 
Old 08-28-2019, 03:49 PM
 
5,892 posts, read 1,487,204 times
Reputation: 4561
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
First trimester, basically no restrictions.

Second trimester, regulated pretty hard.

Third trimester, extremely regulated with very few reasons allowing abortion.

It sounds simple, but extremists on both sides won't give an inch.
Well, if it makes you feel better, I used to be pretty solidly prochoice and now I agree with you 100%. My views changed when I was pregnant. I looked at the week by week development of my BABY and I tried to ignore my feelings for a long time because I wanted to stay prochoice. I maybe could have until they started with this third trimester nonsense. Remember when we discussed this under Clinton and partial birth abortion? Now they just don't CARE about how this seems.
 
Old 08-28-2019, 03:51 PM
 
40,331 posts, read 24,629,987 times
Reputation: 12779
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
A woman who goes through nine months of pregnancy wants the baby and isn't going to smother it or drown it in a toilet after birth.

...oh.

Did you know that



But of course, women always make the right choices for themselves and their born or unborn infants, and everyone else had better just butt out.

I'm a woman who has had three babies, by the way.
Post-partum depression is a legitimate illness. And please note the POST-partum.

Again, a woman who chooses to stay pregnant for forty weeks, is a woman who is choosing to have that baby. Not to have an abortion. And it would be insane to choose to have an abortion at that point, because the risks and costs are so high. No doctor would perform the procedure unless the fetus was not viable, and giving birth was seen as a terrible risk to the mother.

Women are entitled to make choices for themselves. And yes, you should butt out. Because otherwise you are saying that women aren't able to make choices for themselves.

I don't care how many children you've had. Most women who have abortions have children, by the way.
 
Old 08-28-2019, 03:57 PM
 
40,331 posts, read 24,629,987 times
Reputation: 12779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
It sounds disgusting, doesn't it? But it happens. A normal person would think someone couldn't do it. Geez, women murder their babies after they are born because they don't want them.
I doubt that it does happen. If a woman decides after nine months of pregnancy that she doesn't want the child, it's SAFER, EASIER, CHEAPER for her to go ahead and have it and put it up for adoption. No doctor is going to take part in murdering a healthy nine-month fetus.
 
Old 08-28-2019, 05:17 PM
 
Location: 500 miles from home
30,575 posts, read 16,946,341 times
Reputation: 22957
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So the FACT that Dr. Gosnell was aborting late third trimester abortions just didn't make your radar
Gosnell was an aberration; a freak in medicine ~ like nurses that kill their patients.
 
Old 08-28-2019, 05:20 PM
 
Location: Denver CO
21,537 posts, read 12,162,110 times
Reputation: 32846
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So the FACT that Dr. Gosnell was aborting late third trimester abortions just didn't make your radar
There is no FACT that Gosnell, repulsive as he is, performed any abortions on women who were 9 months along in their pregnancy.

So no, your fetus death fantasies didn't make my radar
 
Old 08-28-2019, 06:46 PM
 
Location: Upstate NY 🇺🇸
36,722 posts, read 10,879,513 times
Reputation: 34862
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
"The day before birth?"

1. How would one know one's baby was going to be born tomorrow? Does the baby say to you, "Hey I'm comin' out tomorrow, be prepared!"
2. An "abortion" during the time one was expecting would probably be called, "A c-section."
3. If one has not had an abortion by the time they were expecting, they probably would never get an abortion anyway. See #2 - if something went wrong it would just be a c-section.

C'mon folks, stop falling for this ridiculous hyperbole.


Yeah, especially when they've already said that babies, after birth can be "made comfortable" until Mom decides whether that baby should be killed.
 
Old 08-28-2019, 07:10 PM
 
Location: Ohio
15,248 posts, read 13,622,459 times
Reputation: 20753
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So the FACT that Dr. Gosnell was aborting late third trimester abortions just didn't make your radar
Gosnell was a criminal who broke the law......just like thousands of criminals who use guns to break the law.

So what's your point?
 
Old 08-28-2019, 07:27 PM
 
758 posts, read 241,241 times
Reputation: 1961
Abortions during the 3rd trimester are usually only when the parents find out that the child will die shortly after birth and their existence will be very painful or the child is horribly disabled such as missing their brain. Itís a heartbreaking decision for the parents. No one aborts that late for convenience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top