Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2019, 11:03 AM

18,750 posts, read 11,723,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
He's advocating for abortion in the third trimester which would allow women to abort their children up to the day they're born.
If you research instead of believing rhetoric you will find that late term abortions make up 1%-3% of abortions and are done for medical purposes. Only around 23% of abortion providers do late term abortions. Any abortion is horrifying, especially late term abortions, but they are necessary. Reproduction is an imperfect process and sometimes its necessary to take a life to preserve a life already walking on the planet. Maybe you need a few more facts and less emotional rhetoric. Please research it.

Old 08-28-2019, 11:20 AM

19,399 posts, read 12,045,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I saw that clip of many many people cheering on Beto when he said that. I found it disturbing frankly. Do we remember back when Obama said something to the effect that it should be safe legal, and rare. I may be messing that up, but that was the gist. Abortion should be somewhat shameful, it really should be. I say this as a person that has always supported pro-choice but up to a limit. These pinhead cheering it one like it's something to be proud of, killing a baby 9 months in? Jeezus what happened to our moral compass.
I saw something very disturbing, a group of women online mocking a picture of an aborted fetus. They said vile things about it and joked about abusing it. W.T.F.! Savages indeed.

Old 08-28-2019, 11:22 AM

25,406 posts, read 9,693,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
I saw something very disturbing, a group of women online mocking a picture of an aborted fetus. They said vile things about it and joked about abusing it. W.T.F.! Savages indeed.
I haven't seen anything like that, but if that happened, it's terrible. I can't imagine why people would do something like that.

Old 08-28-2019, 11:23 AM

34,620 posts, read 21,463,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
They're cheering for something that would never happen.

And you guys are lambasting them for cheering for something that would never happen.

Kinda pointless, the whole thing.
Dr. Kermit Gosnell did it over and over.

Old 08-28-2019, 11:25 AM

38,981 posts, read 50,929,644 times
So O'Rourke said this:

Quote:
"No matter how you ask the question, my answer will be the same: The decision of whether or not to get an abortion is one neither I nor the United States government should be making. That's a decision for the woman to make."
I couldn't agree more.

Old 08-28-2019, 11:27 AM

24,204 posts, read 19,051,260 times
Beto's biggest error was to say he wasn't going to answer stupid BS questions about something that doesn't exist

Old 08-28-2019, 11:30 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,397,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLR210 View Post
I UNINTENTIONALLY repped you. Do you know how many women gave birth to healthy babies AFTER they were advised to abort a baby doctors felt were not viable?
In the third trimester? That is what we are discussion. If you have stats on that - I would be happy to take a look at them.

Thanks for the rep point.

Old 08-28-2019, 11:36 AM

2,394 posts, read 2,958,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
That’s not the point how one would know when a baby is going to be born. Just the idea these
Savages would cheer the aborting of a child one day before Birth!
I'm sure you must know this is not true. They are not cheering the abortion of a child 1 day before it is due to be born. They are cheering that he believes the government should stay out of it and that a woman should be trusted to make the best decision. The law cannot take every medical eventuality into consideration, but it can allow for a women to make the decision.

Old 08-28-2019, 11:37 AM

20,733 posts, read 9,348,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The people that cheered this are some really sick individuals...baby is formed, just happens to be on the inside instead of out at that point. You didn't even condemn the situation, you instead chided people for posting about it.
It appears you didn't read all my posts:
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
The hypothetical was a hypothetical that would basically never happen. A woman, who was due to give birth tomorrow (presuming they could guess the day correctly), would never have an abortion. At that point she would have a c-section.

It's like some politician giving a hypothetical about bravely sending somebody to the moon without a space suit. And people in the crowd cheer on the thought of a brave and fearless astronaut walking around the moon without a space suit.

Well yeah, it's pretty morbid cheering on something like that.

But since it's never going to happen, the whole thing is pretty dumb.

Old 08-28-2019, 11:38 AM

51,909 posts, read 52,318,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Dr. Kermit Gosnell did it over and over.
Yep, that's why late term abortions is a slipperly slope. That dude was doing it before it was even legal, imagine if it became legal? Unless there is something dire going on with the mother and or the fetus I just couldn't imagine late term third trimester abortions. It's ghoulish and grisly as hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies