Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2019, 11:00 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
That’s not the point how one would know when a baby is going to be born. Just the idea these
Savages would cheer the aborting of a child one day before Birth!
Your premise is stupid.

A woman who goes through nine months of pregnancy wants the baby and isn't going to have an abortion.

No doctor is going to abort a healthy, viable nine-month fetus.

If the fetus isn't viable, and the woman's life is in danger, then it is the MORAL thing to end the pregnancy.

Old 08-28-2019, 11:02 AM

20,099 posts, read 8,998,912 times
why not extend it until the day after birth in case you don't like your kids hair color. What's another couple days?

Old 08-28-2019, 11:38 AM

291 posts, read 159,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I saw that clip of many many people cheering on Beto when he said that. I found it disturbing frankly. Do we remember back when Obama said something to the effect that it should be safe legal, and rare. I may be messing that up, but that was the gist. Abortion should be somewhat shameful, it really should be. I say this as a person that has always supported pro-choice but up to a limit. These pinhead cheering it one like it's something to be proud of, killing a baby 9 months in? Jeezus what happened to our moral compass.
This sums up my position pretty well. I understand the need for abortions in certain cases. I always felt I leaned more pro-choice.

But cheering and being proud to abort a baby is just so gross to me. The abortion issues contains some gray. but...cheering on killing a baby (or fetus, if you'd like - though I would certainly disagree in the 3rd semester) is pretty amoral. That should not be a partisan issue.

Old 08-28-2019, 11:51 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
If you research instead of believing rhetoric you will find that late term abortions make up 1%-3% of abortions and are done for medical purposes. Only around 23% of abortion providers do late term abortions. Any abortion is horrifying, especially late term abortions, but they are necessary. Reproduction is an imperfect process and sometimes its necessary to take a life to preserve a life already walking on the planet. Maybe you need a few more facts and less emotional rhetoric. Please research it.
The person asking fake Mexican Beto during the town hall wasn’t talking about rare medical conditions. But healthy babies in the 3 trimester - day before birth.

Old 08-28-2019, 12:01 PM

19,609 posts, read 12,206,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I haven't seen anything like that, but if that happened, it's terrible. I can't imagine why people would do something like that.
I think it's simply that people push all boundaries online. I suppose if there are gore sites of mutilated bodies that people look at for entertainment, and some want to see live murders and suicides (snuffs) then women can make fun of something they have been brainwashed to believe is not really human. A " clump of cells" and it is slimy and pink and dead so they don't relate to that as anything other than a gross thing like a dead worm or an amputated appendix, despite that this fetus looked like a little human with arms legs and a face. Still, why joke about abusing it. Maybe they hate the right, and concept of pro life that much. I guess it fits in with the violent far left and radical neo-feminism to be that cold.

The internet turned some of us into soulless monsters, or at least exposed that part of people. I want to go back to being naïve.

Old 08-28-2019, 12:09 PM

52,198 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
I think it's simply that people push all boundaries online. I suppose if there are gore sites of mutilated bodies that people look at for entertainment, and some want to see live murders and suicides (snuffs) then women can make fun of something they have been brainwashed to believe is not really human. A " clump of cells" and it is slimy and pink and dead so they don't relate to that as anything other than a gross thing like a dead worm or an amputated appendix, despite that this fetus looked like a little human with arms legs and a face. Still, why joke about abusing it. Maybe they hate the right, and concept of pro life that much. I guess it fits in with the violent far left and radical neo-feminism to be that cold.

The internet turned some of us into soulless monsters, or at least exposed that part of people. I want to go back to being naïve.
If people become such ideologs and are willing to allow abortions the day before birth (hypothetically) just to snub the anti-abortion crowd and give them a F U then that is way way beyond the pale in my opinion. Certain things shouldn't be partisan. Killing babies just to at that point just to defend a woman's personal rights seems a little strange to me, at least on these extreme sides.

I posted upthread that I'm basically pro-choice but listening to those people cheering was downright sickening to me. Abortion shouldn't be treated lightly, it should be given much more reverence in my opinion.

Old 08-28-2019, 12:16 PM

2,416 posts, read 2,985,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So there should be no laws restricting late third trimester abortions?
It should be safe. What are the laws regarding other procedures such as heart surgery or gall bladder removal or back surgery? Other than safety issues, aren't doctors pretty much free to treat their patients as they see fit?

Old 08-28-2019, 12:17 PM

15,821 posts, read 6,527,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Talk about a sick and disgusting group of people. It’s sad to see what the Left has done to the moral fabric of this nation. I really worry if God will keep blessing America or dam it!

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...-woman-to-make
Congratulations, you've reached step 4 on the path to genocide:

10 Stages of Genocide

Old 08-28-2019, 12:18 PM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
This is exactly what O'Rourke said, and the crowd's reaction:
Quote:
And my answer to you is that that should be a decision that the woman makes about her body. I trust her,” O’Rourke told the crowd to applause.
How "savage", to trust that a woman knows her own mind and body, and that she and her doctor are best equipped to make that decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Abortion at 24 weeks is obscene since 24 week premies are viable.
Not if the fetus has some genetic abnormality that makes it incompatible with life.

Old 08-28-2019, 12:31 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,181,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
The person asking fake Mexican Beto during the town hall wasn’t talking about rare medical conditions. But healthy babies in the 3 trimester - day before birth.
And you feel it is remotely possible to write a law that addresses this kind of histrionic nonsense?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies