Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2019, 03:14 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,115,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
The day before birth - c'mon, it's "just a clump of cells".

We all knew that the left was pining for this for decades. They lied, through their teeth, that it was only up to X time or Y time because "whataboutism" and "fetus" and "cells" and "not human".

Why is anyone surprised by this? And why didn't anyone push harder to stop this bs that we all knew was coming?
Everyone is a clump of cells.

I support balancing the rights of the mother with the unborn child. First trimester, the rights should be primarily with the mother, and third trimester, the rights should be primarily with the unborn child.

There is nothing magical that happens when the child crawls out of the mother's vagina. It's not like some holy spirit breathes life into a fetus at this very moment.

Old 08-28-2019, 03:16 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,595,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
It should be safe. What are the laws regarding other procedures such as heart surgery or gall bladder removal or back surgery? Other than safety issues, aren't doctors pretty much free to treat their patients as they see fit?
What magic potions do you believe is sprinkled on these clumps of cells at the hospital that transforms them into babies.

A third trumester abortion is NO DIFFERENT than going intobthe NICU and terminating a premature baby.

At what age of a child's life do you feel they shouldn't be terminated? Still at the hospital or up to two months when they go home?

Old 08-28-2019, 03:17 PM

19,603 posts, read 12,203,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
What kind of women do you know that would go through a pregnancy for almost a year, and then suddenly decide they don't want to have a baby? You do understand that late-term abortions are extremely expensive? And that the doctors who perform these complicated procedures require to be paid up-front?
A radical murderous wacko out to make a point would do it. By that time it would be a free procedure anyway.

Old 08-28-2019, 03:18 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,595,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Everyone is a clump of cells.

I support balancing the rights of the mother with the unborn child. First trimester, the rights should be primarily with the mother, and third trimester, the rights should be primarily with the unborn child.

There is nothing magical that happens when the child crawls out of the mother's vagina. It's not like some holy spirit breathes life into a fetus at this very moment.
First trimester, basically no restrictions.

Second trimester, regulated pretty hard.

Third trimester, extremely regulated with very few reasons allowing abortion.

It sounds simple, but extremists on both sides won't give an inch.

Old 08-28-2019, 03:22 PM

14,299 posts, read 11,673,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
A woman who goes through nine months of pregnancy wants the baby and isn't going to have an abortion.
A woman who goes through nine months of pregnancy wants the baby and isn't going to smother it or drown it in a toilet after birth.

...oh.

Did you know that

Quote:
Infanticide laws often reduce the penalty for mothers who kill their children up to one year of age, based on the principle that a woman who commits infanticide does so because "the balance of her mind is disturbed by reason of her not having fully recovered from the effect of giving birth to the child"
But of course, women always make the right choices for themselves and their born or unborn infants, and everyone else had better just butt out.

I'm a woman who has had three babies, by the way.

Old 08-28-2019, 03:31 PM

21,906 posts, read 9,480,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
How do you know it will? Can you give me an example of a woman who has done that just because? Do you guys think it's a fun thing for women to make the decision to have an abortion?
I knew someone who had 6. She didn't seem to see it as a problem.

Old 08-28-2019, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I saw that clip of many many people cheering on Beto when he said that. I found it disturbing frankly. Do we remember back when Obama said something to the effect that it should be safe legal, and rare. I may be messing that up, but that was the gist. Abortion should be somewhat shameful, it really should be. I say this as a person that has always supported pro-choice but up to a limit. These pinhead cheering it one like it's something to be proud of, killing a baby 9 months in? Jeezus what happened to our moral compass.
Agree. I don't think it was Obama who first coined this. I think it was Clinton. But I agree with everything else you said.

Old 08-28-2019, 03:38 PM

34,228 posts, read 18,558,636 times
Murdering innocent children is now mainstream Democrat policy. SICK.

Old 08-28-2019, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
If you research instead of believing rhetoric you will find that late term abortions make up 1%-3% of abortions and are done for medical purposes. Only around 23% of abortion providers do late term abortions. Any abortion is horrifying, especially late term abortions, but they are necessary. Reproduction is an imperfect process and sometimes its necessary to take a life to preserve a life already walking on the planet. Maybe you need a few more facts and less emotional rhetoric. Please research it.
Please, PLEASE tell me one condition that you have to kill the baby to save the life of the mother? IT DOESN'T EXIST. Another Democrat BS lie.

I had 100% placenta previa. I had to have a C-section or I could have died. NEVER did anyone tell me I should kill my kid to save my life.

Old 08-28-2019, 03:44 PM

52,193 posts, read 52,623,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
Who is cheering?
Go watch the vid clip, a pretty thunderous round of applause when Beto basically said no limits at all on abortion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.