Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2019, 09:13 AM

35,975 posts, read 30,513,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
He's advocating for abortion in the third trimester which would allow women to abort their children up to the day they're born.
As much as I do not like Rourke, supporting third trimester abortion is not advocating abortion be legal on the day before birth.

His point is that he believes abortion decisions should be between a woman and her doctor and he trust that they would make the necessary decision.
Aborting a viable fetus days before it is due to be born just is not happening. Third trimester abortions are rare. Late third trimester abortions even more rare and done in cases where the fetus is not viable or the mothers life is in danger. I cant figure out why people keep getting their knickers in a bunch over this.

Old 08-28-2019, 09:27 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,247,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
They're cheering for something that would never happen.

And you guys are lambasting them for cheering for something that would never happen.

Kinda pointless, the whole thing.
Like 99.9% of their ridiculous Democrat policy proposals. It’s so funny. Democrats could propose slavery and the crowd would cheer. I’m dead serious.

IMO, there’s no difference between 3rd trimester abortion and killing your child a year after birth. Only difference is that you don’t get to hear the baby cry.

As for the fake Mexican, he’s been eating too much tainted dirt.

Old 08-28-2019, 09:31 AM

1,442 posts, read 1,333,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
If there is something grossly wrong with the baby as in 'incompatible with life' - then yes, I am ok with abortion in the third trimester.
I UNINTENTIONALLY repped you. Do you know how many women gave birth to healthy babies AFTER they were advised to abort a baby doctors felt were not viable?

Old 08-28-2019, 09:33 AM

8,302 posts, read 3,875,131 times
The whole pro choice versus pro life controversy is a diversion, always has been - along with other "issues" like gun rights and illegal immigration. What Trump and the neo-fascist Right are doing to the USA is far more serious in the long run that what we decide about abortion. They are working to destroy the fundamental underpinnings of our democratic republic. When that is in ruins, the last things we will be worrying about are abortions, guns and illegals.

Old 08-28-2019, 09:36 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,132,877 times
Quote:
“The dialogue has gotten so caught up in where you draw the line. I trust women to draw the line,” he said.

Wallace followed up and pressed Buttigieg on that point, but the mayor did not change his stance. Buttigieg’s response highlights just how much conservative critiques of abortion rights have focused far more on fear-mongering than they do on addressing the realities of when people have abortions.

“You would be okay with a woman well into the third trimester to obtain an abortion?” Wallace asked.

“These hypotheticals are set up to provoke a strong emotional reaction,” Buttigieg noted.

“These aren’t hypotheticals — there are 6,000 women a year who get an abortion in the third trimester,” Wallace said.

“That’s right, representing less than 1 percent of cases a year,” Buttigieg responded.

[snip]

“Let’s put ourselves in the shoes of a woman in that situation. If it’s that late in your pregnancy ... it’s [almost to the point] that you’ve been expecting to carry it to term,” Buttigieg added. “Families ... then get the most devastating medical news of their lifetime. ... That decision is not going to be made any better, medically or morally, because the government is dictating how that decision should be made.”

Um. Yup.

https://www.vox.com/2019/5/19/186318...news-town-hall

Old 08-28-2019, 09:37 AM

51,908 posts, read 52,318,517 times
I saw that clip of many many people cheering on Beto when he said that. I found it disturbing frankly. Do we remember back when Obama said something to the effect that it should be safe legal, and rare. I may be messing that up, but that was the gist. Abortion should be somewhat shameful, it really should be. I say this as a person that has always supported pro-choice but up to a limit. These pinhead cheering it one like it's something to be proud of, killing a baby 9 months in? Jeezus what happened to our moral compass.

Old 08-28-2019, 09:45 AM

17,720 posts, read 13,435,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Talk about a sick and disgusting group of people. It’s sad to see what the Left has done to the moral fabric of this nation. I really worry if God will keep blessing America or dam it!

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...-woman-to-make
Gods forbid we want the right for control over their own bodies.

Old 08-28-2019, 09:46 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,201,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Talk about a sick and disgusting group of people. It’s sad to see what the Left has done to the moral fabric of this nation. I really worry if God will keep blessing America or dam it!

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...-woman-to-make
If a pregnant, illegal alien woman sneaks across the southern border in her 3rd trimester, would you prefer that she

A. Have an abortion, or,
B. Give birth to an anchor baby?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Old 08-28-2019, 09:49 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,715,083 times
Abortion should be encouraged and inexpensive in the first trimester, discouraged and expensive in the second, and prohibited except for special circumstances in the third.

Old 08-28-2019, 10:49 AM

77,799 posts, read 59,953,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
They're cheering for something that would never happen.

And you guys are lambasting them for cheering for something that would never happen.

Kinda pointless, the whole thing.
The purpose of these primaries for candidates is to engage the nutjobs without actually saying something that will haunt you for the rest of your political career with moderates.

Beto, right there, just burned any future he has down to the ground.

The people that cheered this are some really sick individuals...baby is formed, just happens to be on the inside instead of out at that point. You didn't even condemn the situation, you instead chided people for posting about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies