Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2019, 02:13 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,740,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Trump says what he thinks unlike smooth talking politicians who will tell you what you want to hear to get your vote.
It would be nice if he would say it so we could understand him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2019, 02:18 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,833,054 times
Quote:
Trump says what he thinks unlike smooth talking politicians who will tell you what you want to hear to get your vote.

And therein lies the crux of the problem, petch. He is so screwed up in his head that what rolls out of his mouth is a reflection of those thoughts !

I know your side thinks we just say Trump is crazy to zing him, but no, he actually is NUTS ! No rational human being says or does the things he comes up with, he is certifiably bananas ! All you have to do is listen or watch him for a while, and it is painfully apparent something in not right about this guy.

Old 08-28-2019, 02:23 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,451,000 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Problem is he lies constantly.
Exactly this ^^^

People want to believe he tells us what he thinks, well, he tells so many lies it is impossible to know what he really thinks or knows, but what comes through is not very flattering to him.

The press reports what he states verbatim, and also reports on the falsehoods he perpetrates in those statements. It looks bad, real bad.

The press is then accused of bias. ... Covering up and making excuses for bad ideas and false statements is bias, reporting what is actually said and done is not bias.

Two recent examples:
  • While in France at the G-7 summit Trump stated that China made two phone calls offering to make a deal on trade. Good news for many, one would assume.
China made no such calls, none at all. Trump was inflating, exaggerating, outgassing. Just plain lying.
  • Trump stated that he skipped the G-7 meeting on climate change because he took a meeting with Angela Merkel.
But Merkel was at that climate meeting, so he couldn't have been with her in a private meeting. Most young children are more careful in their alibis.

These are easy obvious lies to debunk, but Trump says them anyway, as if he has no filter for integrity. The press reports on it and Trump supporters accuse them of 'bias'. The whole world is watching him lie ... daily. The world press - with no skin in our political game - reports on it as it happens.

So if he really says what he thinks, his thinking must be addled.

I argue that it would be a real bias to deliberately not report these things to keep the public unaware.

Old 08-28-2019, 02:24 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,367,565 times
OP can’t be for real.

Old 08-28-2019, 03:03 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,370,586 times
Trump is articulate

Definition of Articulate:
https://www.thesaurus.com/browse/articulate

articulate
[ adjective, noun ahr-tik-yuh-lit; verb ahr-tik-yuh-leyt ]
SEE DEFINITION OF articulate
adj.clearly, coherently spokenverbsay clearly, coherentlyverbconnect
Quote:
Synonyms for articulate
(note MY highlight in BOLDED that I agree with)

coherent
eloquent
expressive
fluent
well-spoken
clear
comprehensible
definite
distinct

intelligible
lucid
meaningful
understandable
I agree with bolded above because DJT has been clear and consistent with his BS and clearly states his Bigotry/Misogynist/Islamophobia/Love of anything White+ WHITE supremacy/nationalists multiple times daily PLUS directs his appointee's to follow his DIRECTIVES or get thrown under BUS with ease!!

All the rest in not applicable .. BUT his Koolaide drinkers (mostly trolls+ anyone who promotes non-white/Christian/Liberal hate mantra's with propaganda Lies >> OP's scenario!

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
" I have the best words ... " I don't think most of them actually think he is articulate, they just want others to think so because it embarrasses and worries them. So it's actually worse, because it is not sincere, it is disingenuous.
Between his Lies (alternative facts) and deconstructing FACTS of History/Provable evidence/ Important Law Enforcement (courts)/Intelligence Agencies/ Congressional Powers/ Using office of POTUS to profit by himself and his FAMILY ( Emoluments Clause)/ Sycophant for Dictators of Foreign Government / + Divorcing Allies and making America less strong/respected and NOT trusted is the outcome!

IF "Word salads" is considered "Articulate" coupled with alternative facts spewed and repeated numerous times in one rambling sentence > I must suggest OP never got out of 3rd grade level of education to comprehend what "Articulate" means!!

IMO of course

Old 08-28-2019, 03:54 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,443,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yousseff View Post
Trump's articulation is fine. I take it that many of the things the leftists poke fun at him about his public speech are things that are just common to native New Yoikers
native NY here nope he's just an idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Was that too rich for you??? I could follow..
great, what did he say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
He is surely more well spoken than Biden, on that we can all agree on, right, left and center.
not even close

Old 08-28-2019, 04:15 PM

6,734 posts, read 4,415,474 times
Articulate isnt what I would call it. But lets ask Stormy Daniels. You know, the woman he was bangin' while his wife was at home pregnant with his son. Do women think this is ok behavior.

Old 08-28-2019, 04:36 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,645,978 times
My farts sound more coherent and eloquent than Trumps verbal word salad.

Old 08-28-2019, 04:41 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,086,548 times
What a laugh all this is. These are the same insults and criticism that we all heard about Trump in 2015 and 2016. Yet he’s in the White House. Too funny! Looks like he was articulate enough to outlast a couple dozen candidates and win the election.

Old 08-28-2019, 04:51 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,516,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Oh BS. Trump lies on a minute by minute basis about EVERYTHING.

Hell he just lied about Melania personally meeting ‘little rocket man’, and his frekin’ staff had to publicly walk that one back.

You Trump fanatics are so blind it’s not funny. Think about it- you support a serial liar, a guy that cheats on his wife, goes on infantile name calling binges, puts the country’s working class at risk with an ill planned trade war, thinks Fox News should be more like Pravda....

Jesus what the GOP has become is absolutely insane.
Oh and the VERY best part is how our new press secretary (anyone remember her) tried to spin that lie:

Quote:
“President Trump confides in his wife on many issues including the detailed elements of his strong relationship with Chairman Kim,” she said. “And while the First Lady hasn’t met him, the President feels like she’s gotten to know him too.”
LOL. How would you like to have the job of cleaning up all of Trump's LIES? I swear, he lies about the dumbest things sometime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies