Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2019, 08:01 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,367,018 times

Advertisements

FFS another day, another Chicano hair on fire the earth is going to die retarded thread.

Get. A. Life.

You commie ctrl-FREAKS are PATHETIC!

Old 08-28-2019, 08:06 AM

13,682 posts, read 5,450,704 times
Been a while since I posted my reply, but this thread seems to warrant it....

OK, I believe. It's unnatural, accelerating, and speeding us towards catastrophe on the planetary scale. Given that, and given the fact that China alone now emits more CO2 than China + US did in 2000, which means US emissions could drop to zero and the planet would still have more man made CO2 emissions than it did in 2000, and given that the US actually has plateaued and started to reduce the overall CO2 output....what exactly can an American citizen do to be the bulwark against the coming global calamity?

Our country actually IS reducing CO2 emissions, and even if we reduce them to nothing, as in all animal and human respiration stops and we all die, it still means there is more CO2 being output annually than in year 2000. Thanks almost entirely to one country...China.

What exactly then, can an American do to stem off that which China (and the world that dares not upset China) doesn't seem all that concerned about?

Or are these threads simply to enlist more people into the ranks of the environmentally hysterical with some sort of rent seeking at or near the bottom line?

Old 08-28-2019, 08:08 AM

18,204 posts, read 8,021,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Been a while since I posted my reply, but this thread seems to warrant it....

OK, I believe. It's unnatural, accelerating, and speeding us towards catastrophe on the planetary scale. Given that, and given the fact that China alone now emits more CO2 than China + US did in 2000, which means US emissions could drop to zero and the planet would still have more man made CO2 emissions than it did in 2000, and given that the US actually has plateaued and started to reduce the overall CO2 output....what exactly can an American citizen do to be the bulwark against the coming global calamity?

Our country actually IS reducing CO2 emissions, and even if we reduce them to nothing, as in all animal and human respiration stops and we all die, it still means there is more CO2 being output annually than in year 2000. Thanks almost entirely to one country...China.

What exactly then, can an American do to stem off that which China (and the world that dares not upset China) doesn't seem all that concerned about?

Or are these threads simply to enlist more people into the ranks of the environmentally hysterical with some sort of rent seeking at or near the bottom line?
.....yes

Old 08-28-2019, 08:34 AM

45,231 posts, read 26,745,279 times
CO2 is a very small part of the atmospheric conditions. Water vapor is more prominent in any warming factor.

But no one can control water vapor... or tax water vapor... or get rich off of water vapor, so they ignore that.

Water vapor, not carbon dioxide, is the Earth's most critical greenhouse gas. Besides the Sun, water vapor ranks as the second source of Earth's warmth, accounting for about 60 percent of the warming effect. Water vapor captures and holds warmth from the ground and carries that warmth into the atmosphere.

Water vapor moves heat from the equator toward the poles, distributing heat across the globe. Heat absorbed by water molecules provides the energy for evaporation. That water vapor rises into the atmosphere, carrying the heat up into the atmosphere.

As the water vapor rises, it eventually reaches levels where the atmosphere is less dense and the air colder. As the heat energy of the water vapor is lost to the surrounding colder air, the water vapor condenses. When enough water vapor condenses, clouds form. Clouds reflect sunlight, helping cool the Earth's surface.

Old 08-28-2019, 08:41 AM

13,682 posts, read 5,450,704 times
I am asking a legitimate "OK, what next?" question.

The theory says that we are nearing a point of no return (or passed it, depending on the "study") where it goes runaway and unstoppable. OK, since that theory has been published, the US has slightly reduced their CO2 output, while China and India and the rest of the developing world have dramatically increased theirs. Thus, even with the US slowing down, the WORLD is accelerating towards the event horizon.

This means that we are utterly irrelevant to the solution at this point. We are statistically meaningless.

If US + China = X in year 2000, and now China alone = 2X, the US will remain mathematically irrelevant until we can devise a way to have negative emissions that actually subtract CO2 from the atmosphere at a rate equal to or great than China adds to it.

Is that the latest scientific endeavour? Figuring out how to scrub CO2 from the atmosphere, as in legitimate terraforming? Because that's the only way, in a world that not only has China and India and the others increasing their emissions but is actively encouraging them doing so, to lower the amount of global CO2 being added by human activity.

Is that then what these discussions of impending doom are for? To rally support for funding the Global Terraforming Initiative that is akin to the lunar landing programs of the 60s? We thinking of doing the "shake and bake" thing to the atmosphere, a la "Aliens" and the terraforming efforts on LV-426? Because outside of tat, I am not exactly sure what America can do in the current situation that actually lowers the global CO2 output below the earlier declared "catastrophic" levels.

Old 08-28-2019, 08:43 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,975,969 times
When Yellowstone blows we need not worry about it life as you know it will be over ...

Old 08-28-2019, 08:55 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,808,909 times
US bad... Capitalism bad. China good... India good.

Old 08-28-2019, 09:01 AM

36,858 posts, read 17,218,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
We are, but a part of nature that does some really off the wall type stuff at a level that no other creature has ever done..
What is "off the wall"?

Nature selected us to have this cognitive development which results in all our activities.

Old 08-28-2019, 09:03 AM

36,858 posts, read 17,218,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Good grief!
I just asked Chicano about it. I'm being serious.

If nature gave rise to us maybe our activities are part of its plan?

I thought you tree huggers were all about humans being subservient to the will of nature?

Old 08-28-2019, 09:06 AM

34,620 posts, read 21,435,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
https://physicsworld.com/a/unique-cl...ium=ios_appnot

“European and US scientists have cleared up a point that has been nagging away at climate science for decades: not only is the planet warming faster than at any time in the last 2,000 years, but this unique climate change really does have neither a historic precedent nor a natural cause.”
Lol

I guess they believe the earth is 2000 years old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies