Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2019, 08:11 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,114,378 times

Advertisements

https://physicsworld.com/a/unique-cl...ium=ios_appnot

“European and US scientists have cleared up a point that has been nagging away at climate science for decades: not only is the planet warming faster than at any time in the last 2,000 years, but this unique climate change really does have neither a historic precedent nor a natural cause.”

Old 08-27-2019, 08:16 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
So now they have a new normal.

Old 08-27-2019, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
So now they have a new normal.
Put it this way. Climate change always had a consistent change, unless interrupted by an random variable. This random variable just happens to be people.

Old 08-27-2019, 08:30 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Put it this way. Climate change always had a consistent change, unless interrupted by an random variable. This random variable just happens to be people.
The article just regurgitates the same old crap. I’m out.

Old 08-27-2019, 08:36 PM

Quote:
You’ve never been in. Just taunts..

Reason its the same old crap is because the information has been the same. You just refuse to listen.

Old 08-27-2019, 08:38 PM

2,339 posts, read 2,071,109 times
Last time we had 412ppm (taken August 5th at Mauna Loa Observatory, Hawaii) atmospheric Co2 was 3 million years ago Greenland was ice free and the ocean level was 15 metres higher than today.

Good times ahead...

Old 08-27-2019, 08:43 PM

78,405 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
https://physicsworld.com/a/unique-cl...ium=ios_appnot

“European and US scientists have cleared up a point that has been nagging away at climate science for decades: not only is the planet warming faster than at any time in the last 2,000 years, but this unique climate change really does have neither a historic precedent nor a natural cause.”
I have an odd question for you. Without looking what % of CO2 emission is the US responsible for currently?

Just asking because I look over at Europe and they can't even get EU members to follow budget rules they all agreed too.

Then you have the Kyoto signers, that after castigating the US for not signing this meaningless feel good document grew their CO2 emissions even more.

So hey, I agree with you about global warming being a real thing.

But what is your REAL solution that will actually be undertaken? If it's only done in a few countries like the US will we just see that pollution\manufacturing shift to other countries? (Same CO2, different source). But wait, that's exactly what happened and India, China and other countries have already given the middle finger to strict CO2 reduction.

Just pointing out that some people are playing checkers and some are playing chess with regards to global warming. Understanding that it's a GLOBAL issue and that local answers and trite treaties are checkers is step 1.

Old 08-27-2019, 08:46 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,194 times
The world elite would like us to think that we need to give up meat and AC just in case. But, they can continue doing what they want and flying where they want in the name of it! Uhhuh!

Old 08-27-2019, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I have an odd question for you. Without looking what % of CO2 emission is the US responsible for currently?

Just asking because I look over at Europe and they can't even get EU members to follow budget rules they all agreed too.

Then you have the Kyoto signers, that after castigating the US for not signing this meaningless feel good document grew their CO2 emissions even more.

So hey, I agree with you about global warming being a real thing.

But what is your REAL solution that will actually be undertaken? If it's only done in a few countries like the US will we just see that pollution\manufacturing shift to other countries? (Same CO2, different source). But wait, that's exactly what happened and India, China and other countries have already given the middle finger to strict CO2 reduction.

Just pointing out that some people are playing checkers and some are playing chess with regards to global warming. Understanding that it's a GLOBAL issue and that local answers and trite treaties are checkers is step 1.
I know what you mean. Like the info is real, but the sad part, like in this forum, there’s those that dont care or don’t want to admit the issue is real.

And its worst in that they’re running a big part of our planet.

Its not necessary a feel good movement. More in that its rolling a dice on humanity that we’d actually try and pull together. So more like a nervous roll of the dice on mankind’s will.

Old 08-27-2019, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
The world elite would like us to think that we need to give up meat and AC just in case. But, they can continue doing what they want and flying where they want in the name of it! Uhhuh!
Not elite, just scientists. Some elites feel threatened(oil companies), others wanna latch onto the findings and boost their image trying to look like the good guys while doing the opposite.

Just listen to the people in the field reporting the data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies