U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Yesterday, 08:11 PM
 
5,435 posts, read 3,092,034 times
Reputation: 3297

Advertisements

https://physicsworld.com/a/unique-cl...ium=ios_appnot

“European and US scientists have cleared up a point that has been nagging away at climate science for decades: not only is the planet warming faster than at any time in the last 2,000 years, but this unique climate change really does have neither a historic precedent nor a natural cause.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Yesterday, 08:16 PM
 
24,752 posts, read 12,200,862 times
Reputation: 10567
So now they have a new normal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 08:23 PM
 
5,435 posts, read 3,092,034 times
Reputation: 3297
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
So now they have a new normal.
Put it this way. Climate change always had a consistent change, unless interrupted by an random variable. This random variable just happens to be people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 08:30 PM
 
24,752 posts, read 12,200,862 times
Reputation: 10567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Put it this way. Climate change always had a consistent change, unless interrupted by an random variable. This random variable just happens to be people.
The article just regurgitates the same old crap. I’m out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 08:36 PM
 
5,435 posts, read 3,092,034 times
Reputation: 3297
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
The article just regurgitates the same old crap. I’m out.
You’ve never been in. Just taunts..

Reason its the same old crap is because the information has been the same. You just refuse to listen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 08:38 PM
 
Location: Toronto, ON
2,142 posts, read 1,488,210 times
Reputation: 1450
Last time we had 412ppm (taken August 5th at Mauna Loa Observatory, Hawaii) atmospheric Co2 was 3 million years ago Greenland was ice free and the ocean level was 15 metres higher than today.

Good times ahead...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 08:43 PM
 
52,515 posts, read 42,212,331 times
Reputation: 32767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
https://physicsworld.com/a/unique-cl...ium=ios_appnot

“European and US scientists have cleared up a point that has been nagging away at climate science for decades: not only is the planet warming faster than at any time in the last 2,000 years, but this unique climate change really does have neither a historic precedent nor a natural cause.”
I have an odd question for you. Without looking what % of CO2 emission is the US responsible for currently?

Just asking because I look over at Europe and they can't even get EU members to follow budget rules they all agreed too.

Then you have the Kyoto signers, that after castigating the US for not signing this meaningless feel good document grew their CO2 emissions even more.

So hey, I agree with you about global warming being a real thing.

But what is your REAL solution that will actually be undertaken? If it's only done in a few countries like the US will we just see that pollution\manufacturing shift to other countries? (Same CO2, different source). But wait, that's exactly what happened and India, China and other countries have already given the middle finger to strict CO2 reduction.

Just pointing out that some people are playing checkers and some are playing chess with regards to global warming. Understanding that it's a GLOBAL issue and that local answers and trite treaties are checkers is step 1.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 08:46 PM
 
5,896 posts, read 1,595,543 times
Reputation: 3650
The world elite would like us to think that we need to give up meat and AC just in case. But, they can continue doing what they want and flying where they want in the name of it! Uhhuh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 08:53 PM
 
5,435 posts, read 3,092,034 times
Reputation: 3297
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
The article just regurgitates the same old crap. I’m out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I have an odd question for you. Without looking what % of CO2 emission is the US responsible for currently?

Just asking because I look over at Europe and they can't even get EU members to follow budget rules they all agreed too.

Then you have the Kyoto signers, that after castigating the US for not signing this meaningless feel good document grew their CO2 emissions even more.

So hey, I agree with you about global warming being a real thing.

But what is your REAL solution that will actually be undertaken? If it's only done in a few countries like the US will we just see that pollution\manufacturing shift to other countries? (Same CO2, different source). But wait, that's exactly what happened and India, China and other countries have already given the middle finger to strict CO2 reduction.

Just pointing out that some people are playing checkers and some are playing chess with regards to global warming. Understanding that it's a GLOBAL issue and that local answers and trite treaties are checkers is step 1.
I know what you mean. Like the info is real, but the sad part, like in this forum, there’s those that dont care or don’t want to admit the issue is real.

And its worst in that they’re running a big part of our planet.

Its not necessary a feel good movement. More in that its rolling a dice on humanity that we’d actually try and pull together. So more like a nervous roll of the dice on mankind’s will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 08:55 PM
 
5,435 posts, read 3,092,034 times
Reputation: 3297
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
The world elite would like us to think that we need to give up meat and AC just in case. But, they can continue doing what they want and flying where they want in the name of it! Uhhuh!
Not elite, just scientists. Some elites feel threatened(oil companies), others wanna latch onto the findings and boost their image trying to look like the good guys while doing the opposite.

Just listen to the people in the field reporting the data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top