Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2019, 09:28 PM

19,820 posts, read 12,084,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
post after post after post, with people more concerned that someone might get to their money than they are about dying children. And yet not a single post from anyone with even a scintilla of evidence about how this medical care for these sick kids is paid for other than one mention of someone being part of a research study, where the costs are borne by a private company. All just assumptions that conflate immigration status with the cost of medical treatment.

Medical deferred action allowed them to receive Medicaid.

Last edited by shadowne; 08-31-2019 at 09:36 PM..

Old 08-31-2019, 09:31 PM

62,863 posts, read 29,098,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
So is it being intolerant to not want to receive millions of the worlds less fortunate, illegally.. into America without ceasing? With no end in sight? Millions pouring across a wide open, unenforced open border? Is it intolerant to think that this is not logical or sustainable? Is it intolerant for a country to want its own citizens to be looked after and assisted first, and foremost? Are all the citizens of Switzerland, Canada, Norway, and so on...all phony Christians for enforcing their borders and not taking every soul in the universe in? You should be shamed for spewing such garbage.
Me thinks that if most of these illegals, kids or otherwise weren't of her same ethnic group she'd be singing a different tune.

Old 08-31-2019, 09:35 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,805,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Sorry, I'm not ashamed for believing the religion I was taught. Why would I. We were taught by nuns and priests. Obviously you were taught something different with your religion. Maybe you should be shamed for that.
There's nothing wrong with Christian values. More and more are trying to attack the religion.

Old 08-31-2019, 09:36 PM

32,052 posts, read 15,037,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
As deemed by you.

It doesn't matter why you're calling out people and shaming them - the only thing that matters is that you are.

Very intolerant and not at all Christ-like.
Not shaming anyone. Only telling the truth. A true christian is tolerant of anyone who is different. Not sure why you are debating this with me. Are you a christian? If not, then you wouldn't understand.

Old 08-31-2019, 09:44 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,592,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Not shaming anyone. Only telling the truth. A true christian is tolerant of anyone who is different. Not sure why you are debating this with me. Are you a christian? If not, then you wouldn't understand.
Natalie, this is what you wrote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469
I'm catholic, went to catholic schools and church almost every day. We were taught to love and accept everyone as Jesus did. What's offensive is people claiming to be christian in order to hide behind their intolerance and prejudice. And these kind of people should be called out and shamed because they are not true christians.
I'm Christian. I loathe people who throw that in the faces of others as a form of manipulation and to shame them simply because they don't like that person's position on something.

Hapa1 is an atheist. You're a Christian.

If you want to judge others on a 'but it's the Christian thing to do' yardstick, prepare to get the same in return.

Old 08-31-2019, 09:49 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,369,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
There are very young children with life-threatening illnesses, and only certain hospitals here have the equipment to keep them alive. This isn’t the same as people coming over the southern border. These families came here legally to save their child’s life, but apparently their time is up. How cruel can a president be to send letters informing them that they have 33 days to get out of the US?
Why should they get free healthcare when American children cannot get free healthcare?

The US eventually will have a system of free, socialized medicine for immigrants while American citizens will be forced to pay for their own healthcare.

Is that fair?

Old 08-31-2019, 09:53 PM

1,199 posts, read 638,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Why should they get free healthcare when American children cannot get free healthcare?

The US eventually will have a system of free, socialized medicine for immigrants while American citizens will be forced to pay for their own healthcare.

Is that fair?
Are you under the impression that citizens on SSI/Medicare/Medicaid pay for their health care?

Old 08-31-2019, 10:10 PM

22,443 posts, read 11,969,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
post after post after post, with people more concerned that someone might get to their money than they are about dying children. And yet not a single post from anyone with even a scintilla of evidence about how this medical care for these sick kids is paid for other than one mention of someone being part of a research study, where the costs are borne by a private company. All just assumptions that conflate immigration status with the cost of medical treatment.
You know darn well that when dealing with illegal aliens, it's the taxpayer who is picking up the tab. Those who get permission to come here for treatment are either paying the tab themselves or some charity is picking up the charges.

Of course there was the case of the Haitian mother and child who ostensibly came here on a tourist visa to visit relatives. Then suddenly, the son, age 13, supposedly developed sickle cell anemia, which, of course is BS. I posted a link that showed those with sickle cell show symptoms as infants. In his case it's clear that the taxpayers are footing the bill.

Charity starts at home. That means we take care of our own first and foremost. Once those who are citizens get help, then if there is money left over, others can be helped.

Would you put the needs of a total stranger ahead the needs of your own family?

Old 08-31-2019, 10:16 PM

32,052 posts, read 15,037,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Natalie, this is what you wrote:

I'm Christian. I loathe people who throw that in the faces of others as a form of manipulation and to shame them simply because they don't like that person's position on something.

Hapa1 is an atheist. You're a Christian.

If you want to judge others on a 'but it's the Christian thing to do' yardstick, prepare to get the same in return.
And I loath people who claim to be Christian when it’s obvious they are not.

Old 08-31-2019, 10:33 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,590,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
More crocodile tears from another bleeding heart. We have our own to take care of. We have over 16 million American children who go hungry every day. WE have over 500,000 homeless Americans. Liberals couldn't give a rats azz about our own. A bunch of phonies. But they sure crawl out under from their rocks to support illegals and to kiss their back sides. Trying to reason with a bleeding heart is like hitting yourself in the head with a hammer. Go down to the border and show your support by contributing somehow if it concerns you so much.
So, the humanitarian part of your DNA was compromised at some point/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.