Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2019, 02:13 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,545,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
They were allowed in temporarily and have surpassed that period, requesting an extension. Nowhere were they promised to stay in perpetuity.

So now you concede they were never guaranteed permanent status.
100% agreed. Enforcing arbitrary deadlines is far more important than the literal lives of children.

That's the American way and what makes us the shining city on a hill we are today.

Old 09-03-2019, 02:39 PM

8,852 posts, read 5,322,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
One thing you need to know about that poster --- He's a Canadian who snowbirds in FL every year. He also complains about the US.
So he is all in favor of expensive care being provided to non-citizen children in a country where he doesn't pay the bills for it.

Old 09-03-2019, 03:04 PM

6,906 posts, read 3,302,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
I think...… Plus, we are a rich nation with unlimited resources and money. UNLIMITED

If you disagree, then you are a nazis -hitler -racist-kkk
The US does not have unlimited resources, you cant just say we have unlimited resources and create them - take a economics lesson.

So if you don't fall in line with what you think - you are (sic) "a nazis -hitler -racist-kkk".

Typical liberal, anyone that doesn't think what they think, must be bad - so to shut them up, must subject them to hateful name calling because can't articulate a more rational idea.

Old 09-03-2019, 03:10 PM

6,906 posts, read 3,302,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
These children are in the country LEGALLY. Which part of the memo didn't you get? Why do you feel you need to denigrate others???
They are not in the country legally - by definition illegal aliens ARE illegal. They are not immigrants per federal law, they are classified as aliens. Also you can't request asylum for economic or health reasons under US or international rules - only political persecution for beliefs. Look it up!

The US can grant TEMPORARY status for treatment, but it is temporary - does not give legal residence. Should not be done unless can be paid for. Treatment should be done in home country - that is what organizations like doctors without borders are for.

Old 09-03-2019, 04:00 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,551,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Interesting.

Maybe we should send all the sick children of the world to canada
Canada already takes more refugees than the USA... in total. Just by chance, the USA should be taking 10 times what Canada does.

Whatever happened to what is inscribed on the Statue of Liberty?

"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Old 09-03-2019, 04:02 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,551,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
One thing you need to know about that poster --- He's a Canadian who snowbirds in FL every year. He also complains about the US.
He complains about the heartlessness of this administration and the Magats that support it.

Most Americans are wonderful people.

Some are not.

Old 09-03-2019, 04:07 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,638,007 times
Quote:
He complains about the heartlessness of this administration and the Magats that support it.

Some are not.
So anyone who doesn’t share your views is a bad person?

Got it.

Old 09-03-2019, 04:15 PM

19,707 posts, read 11,961,506 times
Quote:
I see you have to resort to name-calling, apparently thinking emulating the current holder of the Oval Office makes you "cool".

Seriously? My 14-year-old grandson knows better than that.

Quote:

Some are not.

Typical hypocrit.

Old 09-03-2019, 04:18 PM

14,040 posts, read 4,449,730 times
Quote:
Canada already takes more refugees than the USA... in total. Just by chance, the USA should be taking 10 times what Canada does.

Whatever happened to what is inscribed on the Statue of Liberty?

"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
Did you take 400,000+ migrants from central america in less than a fiscal year like the US has?

Old 09-03-2019, 04:23 PM

14,040 posts, read 4,449,730 times
Quote:

Some are not.
A Canadian is telling Americans that they should take in foreign children for medical treatment using american tax money. Wonderful!

Maybe i will tell my neighbor to start giving up their hard-earn money to a charity of my choice. If they refuse to obey my demand, i will call them a kkk-racist-nazis or "not womderful people"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies