Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2019, 02:49 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,412,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermobile View Post
Let me get this straight. Comey writes a memo to self about how his boss tried to get him to do his job but feels he was strong-armed, leaks it through a confederate to the New York Times, is fired, and his agency doesn't want to prosecute one of their own. Meanwhile, his whole department is out-of-control.

Seems fair to me.
The maniac in the WH is out of control.

The other adult supervision in government is our only hope at this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2019, 02:50 PM

17,304 posts, read 12,251,233 times
Republicans investigate Republican that got Republican elected. Republicans upset...with Democrats?

Last edited by notnamed; 08-29-2019 at 03:22 PM..

Old 08-29-2019, 04:09 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
W
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
There are still two more investigations happening that Comey is involved in,
so maybe if more evidence comes out especially around the FISA fraud, he will get his dues.
People forget ... IG Horowitz was charged to discover Leaks in the FBI. He carved out a Special Report just for former Director Comey and documented exactly how it all happened. He turned that over to the DOJ and they have declined to attempt a prosecution on what Horowitz has reported.

I think it’s important what the OIG has written here: a REPORT. This is the document submitted to summarize the findings of the investigation. This particular report was regarding Jame’s Comey’s 7 memos.

What we now have formally documented for all of history is devastating to Comey.

1) Trump was 100% justified in firing Comey. All notion of “obstruction” is finished, over, done. It was complete political hogwash.

2) Comey’s major role in a plan to overthrow an elected US president is fully detailed and documented. Stop and re-read that again. Now again. It is now common knowledge that James Comey was a player in a bureaucratic coup attempt. The OIG discovered that, detailed it, and held nothing back. Thank you Horowitz, that is downright heroic in this day and time.

3) Comey is a proven liar and weasel (with an aw-shucks smile).

This isn’t over, it’s the first Report. Why go for the low hanging fruit we already know about that Comey has spun for over a year? Whatever AG Barr does in the way of indictments & prosecution with such high level people has to be Iron Clad solid. I agree that there has been a two tiered Justice in the past. My family has had many levels of Clearance over a period of almost 50 years ... if any of them did half of what Clinton & Comey have done- they certainly would have been Fired. After all- hard to hold a job when you are serving time in a Federal Prison, and that is exactly where they would have gone.

1. Comey insulated himself from direct leaking charges by giving his friend special FBI access. The friend leaked, not Comey.
2. What was leaked wasn’t classified, and what was classified wasn’t leaked. So 18USC§798 is not in play.

You don’t prosecute for breach of FBI policy and employment agreement. You fire, as PDJT did. An indictment on shaky grounds enables the ‘abuse of power, political retribution’ argument best avoided at present if you want to indict, convict, and send to prison Spygate perps to insure ‘Never Again’!

The IG report AG Barr has repeatedly referred to as important is the FISA abuse, coming mid September to Early October. There will be IG criminal referrals since Nunes has already separately made some. They will result, IMO, in indictments and then convictions of at least Comey and Yates for at least major felony 18USC§1018, false attestation, based on what we already know is irrefutable Spygate evidence. As Barr said to Congress, “We know there was spying on the Trump Campaign. The question is whether it was adequately predicated.” The IG will conclude it wasn’t and US Attorney Durham is in charge of the FISA Investigation.

We are either a Country with Law and Order... Equal Justice for all ...
OR we are a banana republic. Barr has to fix this.

Last edited by Kibby; 08-29-2019 at 04:43 PM..

Old 08-29-2019, 04:12 PM

21,933 posts, read 9,503,108 times
After seeing the Epstein case dropped today, I give up. The corruption is too deep, too systemic. We are a banana republic and resistance is futile.

Old 08-29-2019, 05:05 PM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
W

We are either a Country with Law and Order... Equal Justice for all ...
OR we are a banana republic. Barr has to fix this.
Right now these absolute partisan double standards and deep corruption that always gets a free pass feels like Banana Republic.
Sadly, I’ve become so cynical I’m not very hopeful anymore.....
YES, Barr needs to fix this!!

Old 08-29-2019, 05:09 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,412,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
After seeing the Epstein case dropped today, I give up. The corruption is too deep, too systemic. We are a banana republic and resistance is futile.
Why wouldn't the case be dropped now that the defendant is deceased?

Old 08-29-2019, 05:11 PM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
Quote:
Sad, isn’t it.......

Old 08-29-2019, 05:16 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,594,827 times
Comey did not commit a crime. Period.

Old 08-29-2019, 05:21 PM

20,872 posts, read 9,536,978 times
Quote:
I'd say it's kinda hard to prosecute somebody who's dead.

Old 08-29-2019, 06:29 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
I'd say it's kinda hard to prosecute somebody who's dead.
It wouldn't be that hard to prosecute him !!!
I'd say the difficulty would be the dead man putting up a defense !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies