Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2019, 06:36 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,320,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Plus Cavato isn't stupid enough to think that China is paying US the tariffs. Hard for a finance guy to go along with that whopper.
Kudlow has been slurping that fake news maga Kool aid though. He's as pathetic as Lindsay Graham in terms of how much he's become a MAGA delusional
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2019, 08:42 AM

3,318 posts, read 2,338,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
What I see ahead is, Trump is going after OAN news.
He will make them an offer to purchase the station, and will do this soon, so that it will be up and running during the 2020 campaign.
I also believe he will use his very good friend Bill Orielly to head up the station, and take Hannity from Fox to join the station.
Perhaps the other Trump supporters at Fox will join Hannity on the "new" network.
This is how I see things happening in the very near future.
That certainly wouldn't be a conflict of interest, now would it?

Old 08-31-2019, 09:08 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I never heard of a president calling someone like Hannity on a regular basis so yes he is unlike any other president in that respect.
The most transparent president ever.. we know what our great President Trump is doing daily... I love it!!

Old 08-31-2019, 09:15 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,531,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The most transparent president ever.. we know what our great President Trump is doing daily... I love it!!
Really? Why won’t he release his taxes??

Old 08-31-2019, 09:40 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,894,981 times
Quote:
He's a transparent liar for sure! Yes we know some of you eat up those lies and believe them.

Old 08-31-2019, 09:42 AM

17,620 posts, read 6,905,165 times
FOX is fair and balanced. The other media outlets are not.

Old 08-31-2019, 09:44 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,894,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
FOX is fair and balanced. The other media outlets are not.
Fox will do whatever gets them the best ratings and right now they think this approach is working for them.

Old 08-31-2019, 10:12 AM

29,547 posts, read 9,713,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Here is my take on all of this.

For the most part, Fox has been fair and balanced.
Fox and Trump seemed to have a special relationship during the Trump campaign, and up to perhaps the Mueller report, then things changed.
Now, Trump is angry with fox, because some on that station don't care for him.

Typical of New Yorker's,(city dwellers) if they are backed into a corner, they come out swinging, even if no one cares.
Step just a little on their toes, and they get extremely defensive.

What I see ahead is, Trump is going after OAN news.
He will make them an offer to purchase the station, and will do this soon, so that it will be up and running during the 2020 campaign.
I also believe he will use his very good friend Bill Orielly to head up the station, and take Hannity from Fox to join the station.
Perhaps the other Trump supporters at Fox will join Hannity on the "new" network.
This is how I see things happening in the very near future.

Bob.
Right from the beginning I'm thinking "say what?!?"

I follow/read a good many news sites every morning including Fox News. Fox is so uniquely and heavily tilted toward it's target audience, I can't imagine how anyone can believe Fox is "fair and balanced," unless they have no real frame of reference that helps them know better.

Good reason to stop considering your further takes, and I'm sure you mean O'Reilly (I like to call him O'Really), and again REALLY? Now at this time when every deekhead is going down for sexual harassment, you think one of those poster boys, Trump's good friend, even deserves mention let alone consideration?

After O'Reilly's career went to the crapper when it came out he paid six women nearly $50 million to settle sexual harassment lawsuits? O'Reilly and Fox News had settled $13 million and an additional settlement of $32 million that O'Reilly paid to settle a sixth harassment claim?

THIS is your take?

Last edited by LearnMe; 08-31-2019 at 10:23 AM..

Old 08-31-2019, 10:21 AM

Quote:
David Brooks:

"... what struck me this week was how the debate changed around Donald Trump. There has been whispering, is he mentally not as fit as he was? Are impairments rising?

That somehow seemed to rise and now become public conversation. When he said his father was with born in Germany, when your father was born in the Bronx, that's not something you normally get wrong. That his wife is good trends with the North Korean leader, when she had never met him.

I mean, there are just a lot of things coming out of his mouth. And this has always been the case, but the verbal patterns — psychiatrists are not allowed to judge people they haven't met, but there are certainly a lot of people out there raising a lot of red flags.

So, that — to me, among the tumult of — the political tumult the G7, the psychological tumult is almost one of the key takeaways."

We've all heard how Trump supporters don't mind describing Trump as "rude, crass and insulting," others even question his mental stability. Sometimes I wonder if Trump supporters love Trump because he's "one of them" or just why so many people don't seem to mind all the "red flags," but obviously it's something like how art appreciation is all about the "eyes of the beholder."

Old 08-31-2019, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Thanks I needed a good laugh!
Never too sure whether to laugh or cry...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies