Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2019, 10:45 AM

8,383 posts, read 4,366,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
He was supposed to go to Poland, but cancelled as the hurricane bears down on Florida.

Isn't canceling a trip to Poland something like canceling a trip to the dentist? Well darn!!! I really wanted to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2019, 10:47 AM

15,834 posts, read 6,539,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Isn't canceling a trip to Poland something like canceling a trip to the dentist? Well darn!!! I really wanted to go.
Not really. Poland is one of our leading supporters in NATO these days. Trump has alienated just about everybody else. He'd be treated like royalty.

Old 08-30-2019, 10:52 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,945,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I live it....The scenery is breathtaking from coast to coast. Canada also has enormous quantities of natural resources, a small population, and is a safe country to live in. It has a good universal health care system, healthy people, and Canadians live longer than Americans. Canadians are better educated than Americans on average.
Too friggin cold. You can keep it.
...But PLEASE do keep sending us women like Tricia Helfer and Shania Twain!!!!

Old 08-30-2019, 10:53 AM

19,632 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
She said it was SNARK.....lol -- a kind of joke - granted a rude one --- but a snark -- a joke.

Bad joke -- yup
Only the left can get away with snark about natural disasters and threats against specific people.

If a right wing person flaps their lips about anything scary, their houses are raided and they are arrested.

Old 08-30-2019, 10:54 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Him cancelling that trip is just dumb. It isn't like he has to personally go to Mar A Lago and start nailing plywood to the windows, I would think he has staff to do all that.

I think it is just an excuse to get out of work...…..".Let Pence go , he isn't doing anything anyway" !
He didn't cancel because of Maralago--it is well-secured and insured. He probably hopes Hotel Dump Doral is demolished so he can pay off Deutsche Bank with insurance. It's been a money loser since he got elected.

He didn't cancel because anyone in FL needs his 'moral support' or 'leadership' because we don't need him for anything. He's given disaster funds away to the wall--so he can't help there. He did not cancel because he's going to lend a hand or pass out Play-Do.

He cancelled because (1) he would not be the center of attention in Poland-Dorian would get all the attention (2) FL is a swing state he could easily lose (3) he can appear to care. He cares about himself first, foremost and always.

My guess is that Trump will be in NJ at his club playing golf this weekend.

Old 08-30-2019, 10:56 AM

10,233 posts, read 6,317,831 times
There are many Americans saying the same thing on social media. Spare the Floridians in the area, but level Mar-a-Lago.

I think you Trump supporters vastly underestimate the level of hatred in this country towards Dear Leader.

Old 08-30-2019, 10:56 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,443,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
He didn't cancel because of Maralago--it is well-secured and insured. He probably hopes Hotel Dump Doral is demolished so he can pay off Deutsche Bank with insurance. It's been a money loser since he got elected.

He didn't cancel because anyone in FL needs his 'moral support' or 'leadership' because we don't need him for anything. He's given disaster funds away to the wall--so he can't help there. He did not cancel because he's going to lend a hand or pass out Play-Do.

He cancelled because (1) he would not be the center of attention in Poland-Dorian would get all the attention (2) FL is a swing state he could easily lose (3) he can appear to care. He cares about himself first, foremost and always.

Completely deranged

Old 08-30-2019, 10:57 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,443,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
There are many Americans saying the same thing on social media. Spare the Floridians in the area, but level Mar-a-Lago.

I think you Trump supporters vastly underestimate the level of hatred in this country towards Dear Leader.
It's only in your echo chambers. You guys NEVER dare to venture outside of that so when you here things from 10 people you think the entire country feels like that.

Old 08-30-2019, 11:00 AM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
The POC forum is a cesspool of ugliness. Threads like this and the comments in them are pretty nauseating. This should be a non-partisan issue here.

Old 08-30-2019, 11:02 AM

10,233 posts, read 6,317,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post

:

True but will NJ embrace him golfing there? I remember some years back when Christie was sunning himself on a Florida beach with a blizzard in the NE. Corey Booker was shoveling snow on Newark's streets. Guess who got more praise? Trump will get the same as Christie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies