Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2019, 01:56 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,706,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
Before I retired, I was speaking to a coworker and said something to the effect of that the requirements of the project I was working on left little room for error, and so the supervisor, (female), was keeping us on a "pretty short leash".

Within 3 days I was called on the carpet in hr for calling all women dogs because of the short leash comment.
A female in a separate room, not involved in the conversation had heard, "the boss is keeping us on a short leash", and decided because the supervisor was female, I was disparaging all females.
Of course the hr director was also female, and looking to hang a man's head on her trophy wall.

An innocent comment using a common phrase blown completely out of proportion or common sense by 2 females with an agenda.

It was so trivial they couldn't make a case, so I got off without serious problems, but it could have gone the other way easily.

I was a senior supervisor there with 26 years, and no issues of that kind before, and I'd supervised a lot of females in that time.

After that incident, and for the time until I retired, I never spoke to a female employee without a witness, and when speaking to my female supervisor, I always requested either a 3rd part present or the door left open.

When I had to communicate with a female in course of business, if no witnesses, I took a small recorder, " for meeting record accuracy" and only spoke of the business. No small talk, no pleasantries, just "good morning, thank you for attending, this is the matter I have to consult with you about".

I could still speak to the men freely, but meetings got moved offsite or outside work hours to avoid evesdroppers.

The other men in the office were under the same pressure, so it became like 2 offices. The men were forced to operate outside normal business practices to get the work done, and then official office operations where strict protocols were in place when females were involved. Then it was just the minimum you had to say, CYA at all times, don't trust any female in the office, or in the building.

It was no way to live. Effectiveness goes out the window when there is no trust between co workers.

I retired 8 years earlier than I would have in a normal work environment, but the constant hostile work environment, it was like being in north Korea where spies are everywhere, one wrong word and you're up against the wall with a last cigarette and blindfold.

It's no way to live. I've spoken to men still there, the business is really suffering in part due to loss of talented and experienced men leaving for the same reason I did.
As long as that militant feminist is head of hr, I don't see any solution.

I did hear from one female I used to work with there they knew what was going on, but the ones that had no problem working with men and just wanted to do their job in a good office environment had no power to stop the ones with an agenda, and they were suffering as bad as the men because they could no longer just do their job, enjoy their work and interact freely with coworkers.

I'm retired now. I gave up a lot of money and a job I enjoyed, but I'm much happier now, lot less stress, but I am still very suspicious and cautious when dealing with females.

It's a sad turn of events.
In my last job I got a lot of grief for not going to the happy hours or baby showers anymore when I once did at the beginning of my employment. I made that decision because I know how I am with even a little alcohol. I make edgy jokes non-work female friends laugh right off. No way in hell I was going to risk exposing myself when I work in a department of mostly women who already saw me as a unwelcome outsider. I don’t believe at my new job there is a militant woman out to get me if I say the wrong thing, but I’m not gonna risk even finding out. I’ve kept my conversations on the job to strictly business and NOTHING about my personal life or philosophy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2019, 02:22 PM

5,938 posts, read 2,865,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
And sometimes women are raped, their lives are ruined and no one is ever punished for it.

Which is worse? The world isn't fair.
So you think its ok to throw mud on the wall to see what sticks,,,that's totally wrong.

Old 08-30-2019, 02:49 PM

2,033 posts, read 1,981,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
Who suggested anything that foolish? Not me. And not the prosecutors charging those women who lied.

Yet because of the nature of the crime, we can't often know. When you don't know it's not right to favor one side or the other. Metoo favors women, the righties on the board favor men.

I favor making the system fair as possible and accepting that some instances of either inequity are going to occur. I find the prospect of getting raped to be far more heinous than the prospect of being falsely accused and the numbers clearly show that far, far more women are raped than men are falsely accused. Those facts aren't to be ignored in coming up with as just a system as possible.
So collateral damage of innocent men having their lives ruined is acceptable to you?

Old 08-30-2019, 03:13 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,273,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
So you think its ok to throw mud on the wall to see what sticks,,,that's totally wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastphilly View Post
So collateral damage of innocent men having their lives ruined is acceptable to you?
You sweet summer children. Acknowledging it happens doesn't equate to saying it's acceptable.

Old 08-30-2019, 03:24 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,207,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
The #MeToo movement is now blaming men for avoiding women at work and says it is "punishment." No #MeToo, it is guys looking to stay FAR away from any false accusations and crazy...... well you know. Men shouldn't take any chances these days in the workplace with women. No closed door meetings with women, no jokes with women, and hell don't even talk to women in the workplace. Not worth jeopardizing your career or reputation. Have fun!

Article
Actions have consequences. I, too avoid working with women.

Old 08-30-2019, 03:52 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,504,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
In my workplaces we had to work as a professional team. You don't get to pick and choose. No broken links, if someone was being a ***thead non-team player they get kicked off the team and out the door.
Corporate America is all about being a 'team player". The minute they think you aren't - your head is on the chopping block. Oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
Why do you think that your promotion is more important than my reputation and my ability to pay my mortgage? I don't give a rats ass about your promotion.
And women that you work with don't give a rats ass if you don't talk to them. I can pretty much guarantee it.

Next.

Old 08-30-2019, 03:56 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,424,966 times
Quote:
And women that you work with don't give a rats ass if you don't talk to them. I can pretty much guarantee it.

Next.
Then what's the problem?

Old 08-30-2019, 04:12 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,504,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Then what's the problem?
I've got absolutely no problem. Do you?

Old 08-30-2019, 04:13 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,509,846 times
Quote:
Men now avoid women at work – another sign we're being punished for #MeToo

A new study, due to be published in the journal Organizational Dynamics, has found that, following the #MeToo movement, men are significantly more reluctant to interact with their female colleagues. A few highlights from the research include:
  • 27% of men avoid one-on-one meetings with female co-workers. Yep, that’s right, almost a third of men are terrified to be alone in a room with a woman.
  • 21% of men said they would be reluctant to hire women for a job that would require close interaction (such as business travel).
  • 19% of men would be reluctant to hire an attractive woman.
  • 58% of men predicted that men in general would have greater fears of being unfairly accused.
I have some problems with these numbers. They are all too low. Which makes sense, as some men are very smartly going to be reluctant to give candid answers to questions like these, out of concern that these might be used to label them as sexual harassers.

Mike Pence was smart. And the manners that our grandparents and great grandparents had that were uniquely respectful towards men and women in different ways, were imbued with wisdom compiled throughout the ages.

Nobody is advocating that men should be able to sexually abuse women, but women also have the responsibility to 2) not falsely accuse men of sexually abusing them and 2) tell men who are trying to sexually abuse them "No," regardless of what else that might mean. The frequent instances of both of these moral failures have really hurt the credibility of women and the "feminist movement" on this topic quite badly.

This new "Political correctness" nonsense is foolishness on steroids. And the people who have been promoting this #MeToo movement are for the most part political and economic opportunists. Case closed.

Old 08-30-2019, 04:31 PM

19,591 posts, read 12,196,385 times
So there shouldn't be male and female work partners then. No Mulder and Scully.

You can't have them as sales teams travelling together, or police patrol partners or working in small offices because what if someone is out of the office and there are only a male and female left alone. What happens when someone goes to lunch or out on a call.. danger alert... Danger Alert....it's a scary woman.

It might be fun to get a paranoid guy alone at work and just kind of look at him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies