Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2019, 09:01 AM

34,620 posts, read 21,447,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
You put untoward faith in the minute possibility that a woman will unfairly accuse you. Hardly ever happens and rape happens a lot more frequently. Do you disagree with that?

I don't refuse to drive my car because auto-accidents where the other person is at fault are pretty frequent. We have to live.
Please post the number of false accusations against men each year and cite the source.

I'm really curious how this data was obtained. Was every HR department of every company contacted to get the number of accusations that were proven true or false?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2019, 09:05 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,342,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
The #MeToo movement is now blaming men for avoiding women at work and says it is "punishment." No #MeToo, it is guys looking to stay FAR away from any false accusations and crazy...... well you know. Men shouldn't take any chances these days in the workplace with women. No closed door meetings with women, no jokes with women, and hell don't even talk to women in the workplace. Not worth jeopardizing your career or reputation. Have fun!

Article
Wait until it is too much of a liability to hire a woman....

Their heads will explode, from their own making.

Old 08-30-2019, 09:08 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,234,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gus2 View Post
Oh lord, people.

Men Fear False Allegations. Women Fear Sexual Misconduct, Assault, and Rape. – Minnesota Law Review
https://psmag.com/news/what-the-rese...lt-allegations
https://www.nsvrc.org/sites/default/...-Reporting.pdf

Google for more and show me any source with stats that poor, poor innocent men are the overwhelmingly victims of false accusations here.
Doesn't matter whether they are, or are not.

The fact is there's clear evidence that both men, AND women, are altering their behaviors so as to avoid any situation where there is no corroborating witness. They're concerned justifiably or not, that they may be accused.

That's the topic of the thread, not whether claims of sexual misconduct are more statistically likely to be true than false.

Old 08-30-2019, 09:08 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,251,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Please post the number of false accusations against men each year and cite the source.

I'm really curious how this data was obtained. Was every HR department of every company contacted to get the number of accusations that were proven true or false?
Typical right wing deflection.

Really, it's so amazingly absurd to consider half of humanity as liars as to beg disbelief. But the right does it with the half that are lefties too, so. That's their bag of tricks in a nutshell. Fingers in ears, eyes shut tight screaming liar at the top of their voice like a crazed banshee.

Old 08-30-2019, 09:12 AM

30,132 posts, read 23,523,766 times
Quote:
#MeToo Movement Now Blames Men for AVOIDING Women at Work!
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahaha,,,

::breathe::

...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahaha!!

They were warned. No male wants to take a chance at getting their life destroyed just for showing up to work.

When you act crazy, don't be surprised when people stay away from you.

Old 08-30-2019, 09:12 AM

9,885 posts, read 10,894,574 times
Quote:
Yeah, rapists really hate this reality.

Otherwise, normal, nice, friendly non-paranoid delusional people, like myself and hundreds of women I've worked with over the years (sans accusations), work together like they have since the dawn of time.

The fact remains, "One rotten apple can (and will) spoil the whole barrel!"
In today's world, there is no way I would ever allow myself to be alone with anybody with whom I wasn't on very familiar terms, and secure in the knowledge that they would never make any such accusations.
I have known men and women who used "pick-up" lines that today would result in harassment charges. In the distant past, I used such lines myself; I never would today, that's for sure!
Beyond a shadow of a doubt, the #METOO movement has changed society, and The Law Of Unintended Consequences has bit back, as it always does. Men and Women must learn to live with it, it just ain't gonna go away!

Old 08-30-2019, 09:13 AM

34,620 posts, read 21,447,467 times
Quote:
Typical right wing deflection.

Really, it's so amazingly absurd to consider half of humanity as liars as to beg disbelief. But the right does it with the half that are lefties too, so. That's their bag of tricks in a nutshell. Fingers in ears, eyes shut tight screaming liar at the top of their voice like a crazed banshee.
You stated that a > b; therefore c.

So let's see that data. If you don't know what a and b are, then how can conclude c.

Old 08-30-2019, 09:18 AM

13,714 posts, read 5,469,072 times
Quote:
You put untoward faith in the minute possibility that a woman will unfairly accuse you. Hardly ever happens and rape happens a lot more frequently. Do you disagree with that?
I have been falsely accused in my career. I have detailed the event in another discussion and won't bother repeating it now, but I have had the pleasure of seeing the "accusation confers guilt system" up close and personal.

Yes, I escaped with my life and career intact, and yes, my accuser ended up falsely accusing one person too many and got her legal comeuppance (years after what she did to me), but I did indeed have to prove my innocence. I learned a valuable lesson from that experience, and it has served me well ever since - your interactions with women in the workplace will have witnesses, or there will be no interactions.
Quote:
I don't refuse to drive my car because auto-accidents where the other person is at fault are pretty frequent. We have to live.
I drive my car defensively and figure that exactly every driver other than me is a) not paying attention and b) mentally handicapped. This defensive mindset has served me well and as a result, it's been 31 years since I have been in an accident beyond a fender bender where I was at a complete stop and unable to avoid being rear-ended.

Defensive mindsets are a fabulous tool for survival and longevity.

Now, it could be because I did law enforcement, or I spent many years riding a motorcycle, or I was stationed on a fast attack submarine, or even my false accusation episode, but figuring the world sucks and you better keep your head on a swivel just seems to work for me. And I live just fine. In fact, I dare say I prosper if my personal, career and financial lives are any indication.

Old 08-30-2019, 09:22 AM

1,153 posts, read 561,824 times
This thread is very weird. Men avoiding all women now, for fear of being falsely accused?

Thankfully I work for myself and don't have to encounter any inappropriate people or paranoid ones either, or worry about not being hired for being female.

Women I highly recommend being self-employed. Lots more freedom and no need to deal with idiots.

Old 08-30-2019, 09:22 AM

37,595 posts, read 21,776,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
The #MeToo movement is now blaming men for avoiding women at work and says it is "punishment." No #MeToo, it is guys looking to stay FAR away from any false accusations and crazy...... well you know. Men shouldn't take any chances these days in the workplace with women. No closed door meetings with women, no jokes with women, and hell don't even talk to women in the workplace. Not worth jeopardizing your career or reputation. Have fun!

Article
The military experienced the "me too" type environment decades ago.

I ran into too many women looking be be offended over the slightest thing, or making it up if they had to, then complaining up the chain of command and accusing just about anyone, for anything as being sexist.

We had young non-com women, and female officers complaining that men were ogling them, or they'd became offended at the slightest joke, reference, or passing glance.

One funny incident, a bit off topic, but a visiting female officer caught glimpse of one Playboy magazine in a desk drawer. It was an all male shop, and they were deployed. She had the magazines tossed into the dumpster. Our CO made her personally go to the small store and repurchase those old Playboys, with new magazines, for the ones she threw away. Then she had to hand them to the men she took them from.

The point is, if she were a lowly non-com, she could go up the chain of command and force all magazines to be removed from any desk, no matter if there were ever any women in those areas at all.

It was just not worth my time to try and figure out if a woman was one of those looking to cause trouble, and she might potentially ruin my career. Or if she was just a normal person doing her job in a professional manner.

It was getting so bad, I finally decided that is was safest to just ignore military women. I could not be sure if they were a professional, or a nutcase. So I went out of my way to not interact with women. I even stopped making eye contact with them when walking down the street, or passing them in the halls. I would not interact with them unless I absolutely had to for work related matters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies