U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 01:51 PM

36,425 posts, read 10,802,339 times

Advertisements

Accomplishments be damned!

This is in response to Rachel Madcow's comment, What's up with the dude wall?, when she was there to present an award. To heck with learned scientists, inventors, Nobel prize recipients. They're men, and they're white.

A panel has been convened (and the rest of academia has already taken note), and we know what the result will be--banishment of excellence in favor of weighted diversity.

Also, and typically, students can't "relate" to the old men, feel "intimidated" by having them look down upon them, and are suddenly freaking out over what they call... othering.

There they go again-- normalizing insanity.

https://radio.wpsu.org/post/academic...de-walls-honor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 01:56 PM

10,326 posts, read 8,229,163 times
SJW stupidity example #80908234908234098234

Old Yesterday, 02:23 PM

2,948 posts, read 1,072,252 times
Unless they are suggesting that historically women and people of color who had equal accomplishments as the white men in these institutions but were not allowed to have portraits hung, then I have a hard time understanding what the complaint is. I accept that long ago women and people of color were not afforded the same opportunities in these careers as white men, but that doesn't negate any of the accomplishments of these white men. In the future women and people of color will get their portraits hung too in recognition of their accomplishments.

In my local historic society I have looked for women and minorities of note to feature in our collections but the reality is women were not afforded the same opportunities as were the men nor did they make it into much of the written record. It was a different world and now here in 2019 I can't go back and change the way it was nor can I create records out of thin air. I've yet to find a person of color ever having lived here let alone left a paper trail that I can work with. Believe me if I could find a racial minority I'd figure out a way to feature them, but until then do we not feature anyone in our history because everyone was white? Are we supposed to remove the Revolutionary War plaques with their small flags attached from tombstones in our cemeteries because 100% of the soldiers were white men? Do we take down the WWI commemorative plaque at Town Hall because 100% of our WWI soldiers that died during the war were white men? Have we reached the point where young women and people of color would feel marginalized or oppressed by these things?

Old Yesterday, 02:30 PM

17,518 posts, read 8,868,753 times
happened at another famous university of "learning"

Old Yesterday, 02:56 PM

12,049 posts, read 8,427,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
Have we reached the point where young women and people of color would feel marginalized or oppressed by these things?

Yes we have. They have been brainwashed by the Left to believe that they are victims of everything and all they have to do is vote Democrat and they will be taken care of.

There is evidence that Trump was a friend of the Black community for decades but come 2016 he suddenly became a racist. It is like the Dems want us to think that when Trump became President he invented White Supremacy.

It really is sad that the Left has convinced people to be oppressed victims of the white man when they should be standing proud at how far they have come living in the "white mans world".

Old Yesterday, 03:24 PM

5,277 posts, read 1,039,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
Unless they are suggesting that historically women and people of color who had equal accomplishments as the white men in these institutions but were not allowed to have portraits hung, then I have a hard time understanding what the complaint is. I accept that long ago women and people of color were not afforded the same opportunities in these careers as white men, but that doesn't negate any of the accomplishments of these white men. In the future women and people of color will get their portraits hung too in recognition of their accomplishments.

In my local historic society I have looked for women and minorities of note to feature in our collections but the reality is women were not afforded the same opportunities as were the men nor did they make it into much of the written record. It was a different world and now here in 2019 I can't go back and change the way it was nor can I create records out of thin air. I've yet to find a person of color ever having lived here let alone left a paper trail that I can work with. Believe me if I could find a racial minority I'd figure out a way to feature them, but until then do we not feature anyone in our history because everyone was white? Are we supposed to remove the Revolutionary War plaques with their small flags attached from tombstones in our cemeteries because 100% of the soldiers were white men? Do we take down the WWI commemorative plaque at Town Hall because 100% of our WWI soldiers that died during the war were white men? Have we reached the point where young women and people of color would feel marginalized or oppressed by these things?
What also sucks that sometimes Black people Blackwash history so to speak. For example, some people claim that a Black guy named Alexander Miles invented the elevator. Mr. Miles secured a patent for the modern opening and closing door elevator doors but that doesn't mean he is the inventor of the elevator. Historical elevator-type devices date back for over 2 millennia!

Old Yesterday, 04:17 PM

25,576 posts, read 9,928,438 times
Abolish publicly-funded institutions.

Old Yesterday, 06:15 PM

1,542 posts, read 356,117 times
SJWs will not stop until they revise history with their own authoritarian narrative. They are obsessed with discrediting and trying to erase the work of any successful straight white males.

Old Yesterday, 06:17 PM

30,291 posts, read 16,698,693 times
And the memory hole gets a little bigger

Old Yesterday, 06:51 PM

7,244 posts, read 1,569,689 times
This reminds me of another C-D thread posted months ago in which a complaint was made about how bigoted libraries are because most of the volumes are in English, written by "Anglo" whites. It didn't seem to matter to the SJWs at all that the reason that most books in most U.S. libraries were written by white people who wrote in English is because most of the authors of books written in English are or were, in fact, white and most patrons of libraries speak and read English.

And at least one of these SJWs also seemed to believe that every U.S. library should have thousands of books written by non-U.S. whites in whatever language the books were originally written in -- or possibly have all these works translated into English -- just so there would be equal (or almost equal) representation of authors from other countries who spoke other languages.

And some people wonder why I and so many other people think that extreme leftists are just crazy.

(And, no, I am definitely NOT a Trump supporter!)

P.S. Please don't misunderstand what I wrote. Of course, I think that there should be a good representation of authors from all countries in every library, but I think any attempt to make the number of these works almost equal to the number of those written in English in a local public library is just ridiculous IF 90% or more of a library's patrons are native English speakers. Why should libraries be required to carry books written in Hakka, for example, if less than .01% of a library's patrons can read and understand it?

Last edited by katharsis; Yesterday at 07:01 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies