Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2019, 04:57 PM

1,730 posts, read 732,919 times

Advertisements

Abortion is a conundrum. There is no easy answer.

However, I am dismayed by a good many of honest and smart people. I tend to agree with the Democrats more on most issues....I think. However, I think many Democrats are wrong on some of the abortions issues.

I once saw a video of an abortion and I threw up.......I'll never forget it. Life is a miracle....and an innocent life ought not to experience that.

I know a Democrat that claims he is in "the party of science," but he supports the unscientific position that a child isn't alive until birth. He supports abortion up until birth...... I can't support that..... He tells me that a child doesn't have a body until it is out of the mother's body....so it is the mother's body alone... Is this really "science?" He talks down to my intelligence...because I insist that science says a baby a day before the due date is a human life.....he says it isn't a human life and sees no problem in aborting it while claiming on other issues that he cares for the weak and defenseless.

He tells me it is anti-women's rights to be Pro-Life. Well, as a girl I support women's rights.....including the right of the majority of babies that are aborted....which are girls...to live...life is a basic fundamental inalienable right found even in our Declaration of Independence.

Science is getting better and better at keeping babies alive outside of the womb that are removed...and more and more evidence that a fetus can feel pain at a younger age than they realized during Roe v. Wade....which based legalizing abortion on that.

There is no good answer...can we really force a woman to carry the child and go through labor? I don't know. But I do know that it is a child during a late-term abortion.

Pro-Life seems like a consistent position for liberals.

I support a stronger social safety net....because I am Pro-Life.

I oppose capital punishment....because I am Pro-Life.

I support green energy policies...because I am Pro-Life.

I am a vegetarian...because I am Pro-Life.

AND.....I can't support late-term abortions...because I am Pro-Life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2019, 05:22 PM

20,890 posts, read 19,353,769 times
It’s good to see you disproving the illogic of liberals, but what’s the difference between late term and “early” term. When does an unborn baby magically become human?

Old 08-30-2019, 05:23 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,716,470 times
That "party of science" nonsense is just that--nonsense. We know they're not the party of biology, that's for sure.

Beyond that, I'm having a hard time imagining the Democrat base as math whizes and science brainiacs.

Old 08-30-2019, 05:24 PM

17,269 posts, read 6,638,476 times
Unfortunately for you, OP, there is NO PLACE in the Democrat Party for you. Just ask Bob Casey. The Democrats demand 100% pro-choice up until birth and sometimes afterwards. They'll happily collect your vote, but don't you dare voice your opinion on this topic, be active with the party, or God forbid run for office.

Old 08-30-2019, 06:27 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,372,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post

However, I am dismayed by a good many of honest and smart people. I tend to agree with the Democrats more on most issues....I think. However, I think many Democrats are wrong on some of the abortions issues.

I once saw a video of an abortion and I threw up.......I'll never forget it. Life is a miracle....and an innocent life ought not to experience that.

I know a Democrat that claims he is in "the party of science," but he supports the unscientific position that a child isn't alive until birth. He supports abortion up until birth...... I can't support that..... He tells me that a child doesn't have a body until it is out of the mother's body....so it is the mother's body alone... Is this really "science?" He talks down to my intelligence...because I insist that science says a baby a day before the due date is a human life.....he says it isn't a human life and sees no problem in aborting it while claiming on other issues that he cares for the weak and defenseless.

He tells me it is anti-women's rights to be Pro-Life. Well, as a girl I support women's rights.....including the right of the majority of babies that are aborted....which are girls...to live...life is a basic fundamental inalienable right found even in our Declaration of Independence.

Science is getting better and better at keeping babies alive outside of the womb that are removed...and more and more evidence that a fetus can feel pain at a younger age than they realized during Roe v. Wade....which based legalizing abortion on that.

There is no good answer...can we really force a woman to carry the child and go through labor? I don't know. But I do know that it is a child during a late-term abortion.

"Consistency" is something that is a foreign term for some members of either side!

Old 08-30-2019, 06:29 PM

2,385 posts, read 2,954,520 times
What do you consider late term? There is no standard definition. And what difference do semantics make in this case? Call it what you will.

Old 09-03-2019, 03:51 PM

1,730 posts, read 732,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
It’s good to see you disproving the illogic of liberals, but what’s the difference between late term and “early” term. When does an unborn baby magically become human?
All humans are illogical at times. Including me.

However, I am choosing late term...as scientifically, there really is no wiggle room to whether or not it is alive.

It has brain waves, can feel pain, has a heart beat, can recognize the mother's voice....etc....

….and I know someone who talks down to me saying the child isn't alive...because it is in the mother's body still so life hasn't started...sickening to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
"Consistency" is something that is a foreign term for some members of either side!
Yep...to err is human as the old saying goes....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
What do you consider late term? There is no standard definition. And what difference do semantics make in this case? Call it what you will.
There may not be a standard definition...but most people define late term abortion at 21 weeks and beyond.

I know several people who are good honest people that are fine with abortions up until birth.

At 21 weeks science says the fetus can feel pain (actually this starts at 8 weeks).

https://www.lifenews.com/2015/02/04/...ly-as-8-weeks/

...at 16 weeks a fetus can hear sounds...by 25 weeks a fetus can recognize the mother's voice and it's heart beat slows down when the mother talks indicating a calming effect....at 32 weeks the fetus often shows this same characteristic for the father if he is around a lot.

...around week 5 or 6 the fetus has brain activity....a heartbeat at the same time or just before....

…..how people can tell me they are fine with late term abortions up to the due date, because it "isn't alive" is beyond my meager brain's ability to comprehend.

….sorry.....

Old 09-03-2019, 04:02 PM

15,793 posts, read 6,208,803 times
Quote:

Are you reading him correctly? I know of no one that supports abortion up until the moment of birth unless in case of severe abnormalities that will cause the child to live a short life knowing nothing but pain. Even in the latter scenario, most people acknowledge it is a human being and a sad tragedy. If you are accurately stating his viewpoint he is an extremist.

Old 09-04-2019, 07:22 AM

15,701 posts, read 16,956,959 times
Quote:
All humans are illogical at times. Including me.

However, I am choosing late term...as scientifically, there really is no wiggle room to whether or not it is alive.

It has brain waves, can feel pain, has a heart beat, can recognize the mother's voice....etc....

….and I know someone who talks down to me saying the child isn't alive...because it is in the mother's body still so life hasn't started...sickening to me.

Yep...to err is human as the old saying goes....

There may not be a standard definition...but most people define late term abortion at 21 weeks and beyond.

I know several people who are good honest people that are fine with abortions up until birth.

At 21 weeks science says the fetus can feel pain (actually this starts at 8 weeks).

https://www.lifenews.com/2015/02/04/...ly-as-8-weeks/

...at 16 weeks a fetus can hear sounds...by 25 weeks a fetus can recognize the mother's voice and it's heart beat slows down when the mother talks indicating a calming effect....at 32 weeks the fetus often shows this same characteristic for the father if he is around a lot.

...around week 5 or 6 the fetus has brain activity....a heartbeat at the same time or just before....

…..how people can tell me they are fine with late term abortions up to the due date, because it "isn't alive" is beyond my meager brain's ability to comprehend.

….sorry.....
Your concern rings hollow when the FACTS of late term abortions are put into play. FACTS you prefer to ignore.

They are rare and only done in extreme circumstances.

It is deceptive to imply otherwise and a disservice to the women and doctors involved when heartbreaking decisions have to be made........decisions that strangers have no right to intrude upon.

Old 09-04-2019, 07:24 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,710,948 times
Abortion should be encouraged and inexpensive in the first trimester, discouraged and expensive in the second, and prohibited except for special circumstances in the third.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies