Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2019, 05:31 PM

39,072 posts, read 51,193,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Not naming allows folks to wonder why they are not releasing the names. It also allows conspiracy-minded folks to jut start making ish up that can not be verified since the names are not being released. I want to know everything about this guy no matter his politics, his race or anything else. I don't want folks to be able to say the cops are not releasing his name because they know him or because he's white or black or Christian or Muslim. The truth is never a bad thing to know. Don't cover it up
They've named him. Seth Ator - 36, White as Casper. Texas native. Draw what conclusions you will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2019, 05:35 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,259,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
They've named him. Seth Ator - 36, White as Casper. Texas native. Draw what conclusions you will.
I’m pretty sure that White Supremacist Trump ordered this Casper White dude to killLaw Enforcement Officers.
What other answer could there possibly be?

Old 09-01-2019, 05:38 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,511,169 times
Quote:
I don't need to draw any conclusions. We now know his name. We can see who he was. We don't have to wonder or take the guesses of people online making stuff up. Judging from the pipcture in an earlier post, he looks like a normal dude to me. Now draw your own conclusions what that means for all of us, if anything

Old 09-01-2019, 05:39 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,702,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Maybe if we enforced laws on the books criminals wouldn't be roaming the streets. Stop drugging our kids. It is scrambling their brains.
Most of the sensational mass shooters don’t have histories of being medicated or violent crime.

No shortage of people are self radicalized and find validation on social media.

Old 09-01-2019, 05:41 PM

3,368 posts, read 1,604,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I’m pretty sure that White Supremacist Trump ordered this Casper White dude to killLaw Enforcement Officers.
What other answer could there possibly be?
I literally can't tell if this is parody any longer.

Old 09-01-2019, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Didn't release the perp's name at the press conference.

What the hell am I paying taxes for? (aside to enslave myself)
No obligation for LE to immediately release the identity of any shooter to satisfy the public’s curiosity.

Old 09-01-2019, 05:46 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,195,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
As I’ve said before in previous threads, start putting the shooter and their parents to death and you’ll be amazed at how quickly the terrible parents in this country start paying attention to what their offspring is up to.
The shooter was in his 30s. How long are parents supposed to be responsible for their children once they are legal adults and the parents have no legal ability to make them do or not do anything?

Either legal adults are responsible for their own actions or they aren't.

Old 09-01-2019, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Personally I think one of the ways to reduce these incidents is to not give the people their 15minutes fame. That said, it's a tricky deal because people do want to know who is doing this stuff.

Do you suspect this person's name will come out...soon?
Imagine search warrants are obtaine and attempts to notify the next of kin. LE wants to talk to anyone who knew the shooter.

Impossible for LE to permanently withhold the name.

It’s challenging when 47 FBI agent’s descend on your neighbor’s residence and blow the door off.

Old 09-01-2019, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
You said "news events".

The "news" doesn't make a big deal about them - they're certainly not on the Evening News.

They pick and choose which ones forward their agenda.
I am in the Chicago viewing/ radio area. While most of the shootings in Chicago do not qualify as mass shootings ( 4 or more victims in a single incident) the incidents are indeed reported.

Old 09-01-2019, 05:53 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,082,562 times
Quote:
WHAT...DIFFERENCE...DOES...HIS...RACE...MATTER???

Cho was as Asian as Mao Zedong

Mateen was as dark as Amedinijad.

This divisiveness that the left is pushing isn't helping at all.

And you guys who push this poison that this is a "white male problem" are feeding right into it.

How hard is it to get this through to you guys???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies