Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2019, 02:28 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,795,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
So sales taxes aren't taxes? Interesting spin.
It's not sales taxes, c'mon... this is not that hard. It's the fact that you can choose not to buy products that have retaliatory tariffs placed on them.....

Old 09-02-2019, 06:17 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,347,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
It's not sales taxes, c'mon... this is not that hard. It's the fact that you can choose not to buy products that have retaliatory tariffs placed on them.....
All products are impacted when the market is socialized.

Old 09-02-2019, 06:54 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,874,022 times
It's a false outrage.
The left has actually never seen a tax they didn't like unless it was created by the right.

Double the minimum wage? But that's good for the economy and everyone else. But it will raise everyone's cost of living. Noooo not that much.

ACA. It will be great wait and see. But it will raise the cost of everyone's insurance premiums. Noooooo you will be able to buy a good insurance policy for about the same cost as your cellphone bill. (still waiting for that one.)

The left loves taxes, firm believers in the idea that we don't pay nearly enough.

Old 09-03-2019, 04:50 AM

37,164 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
But you'll gladly take the convenience of you "bad for the earth" cell phone inbthe meantime.
All that is available in the meantime. You have to look to the future.

Old 09-03-2019, 04:51 AM

37,164 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Yes, I did. Did you?
Including the part where the children were eating better as a result of the changes?

Old 09-03-2019, 05:31 AM

58,958 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
I noticed NO electronic products on that list, other than a docking station. Telling isn't it? You gladly embrace whatever electronic instrument you have to participate in this forum which was made in China.
The question was televisions and cell phones. I supplied 2 sources for each.

"You gladly embrace whatever electronic instrument you have to participate in this forum which was made in China" You don't have to be a smart a.s in your reply.

IMO, we will see more electronic equipment made in America as time goes by.

" Born in the USA: Computer Hardware Made in America

by Adam Lovinus September 27, 2018

"Computer parts and hardware predominantly come from Southeast Asia—places like Malaysia, Indonesia, and Taiwan known for heavy industry and large scale mass production. Believe it or not, there are computers and even hardware components manufactured right here in the USA."

"
Several notable facilities in the U.S. that either make or finish hardware production:
  • Intel manufactures microprocessor wafers in several U.S. fabrication plants. A Chandler, Arizona facility makes 14 nm and 32 nm microprocessors. Plants in Hudson, Massachusetts and Rio Rancho, New Mexico make 22 nm and 32 nm microprocessors respectively. A Hillsboro, Oregon plant makes development wafers.
  • Micron has manufacturing facilities outside of Salt Lake City, Utah and Boise, Idaho. It shares the Utah location with IM Flash technologies, which makes flash chips for their solid-state drives. These chips end up in DRAM and SSDs produced under the Crucial brand.
  • Mushkin boasts a USA-made status on its packaging, and has a manufacturing facility outside of Austin. The company sources NAND wafers from Micron for use in Mushkin SSDs.
  • Samsung manufactures some of its NAND Flash memory chips in a $17 billion, 160-acre plant Austin, its only facility outside of Asia.
  • Patriot Memory assembles DDR RAM and USB flash drives at the company’s Fremont, California plant. It also has manufacturing facilities in Taiwan.
  • PNY Technologies manufactures DDR memory, graphics cards, and solid-state drives in a manufacturing facility in Parsippany, New Jersey that features one of the ten largest solar power installations in the US.

https://www.neweggbusiness.com/smart...de-in-america/

Alll is not lost. Like I said, IF you LOOK, you might find what you want! Why didn't YOU buy 1 of these American made computers instead of "embrace whatever electronic instrument you have to participate in this forum which was made in China."?

How does that crow taste?

Last edited by Quick Enough; 09-03-2019 at 05:39 AM..

Old 09-03-2019, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Spot on!
I ownder what skeddy paid for his smartphone and the computer, Internet service he used to post with?

Old 09-03-2019, 05:44 AM

Quote:
First off a tariff is not a tax:
https://wikidiff.com/tax/tariff

Secondly, this really comes down to the instant gratification concept. We need tariffs to bring these countries that don't 'play fair' back in line. If that means every American needs to suck it up for a bit and stop whining, so be it. In the end, we will all be better off.......
"American needs to suck it up for a bit and stop whining, so be it."

A reason why we have many "snowflake" here in the U.S. A bunch of spoiled brats!

Old 09-03-2019, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Health scare stories are all over the internet about your famed Universal Healthcare, check Youtube for example. And I know from personal experience that Canadians are not that confident in the system. In a trip to visit friends a few years back, I had a relapse of pneumonia I was recovering from. They insisted I go down to Buffalo because of the incompetence and delays involved in your system....They all had stories of relatives dying while waiting for care....

And when Mick Jagger (yes I know he's British, but same concept) had heart surgery a while back, did he have it done in his home country? Nope, he went to New York......
"They all had stories of relatives dying while waiting for care...." And fiends, which is in my case. Denied Chemo because she was "too old" at 65.

Old 09-03-2019, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
And where did Paul Rand go for his surgery?

Canada.

I live half the time in the US, and half in Canada. My fiance works as a case manager for a major US health insurance company. I suspect I have a much more in-depth knowledge of both systems than most on this board.

The facts are, Canada spends 1/3 less as a percentage of GDP on healthcare, and Canadians live longer. Outcomes count.
"and Canadians live longer." Extremely cold weather kills a lot of germs. Just sayin'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies