Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2019, 08:01 AM

13,389 posts, read 6,396,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Considering he’s stated that he’s never heard of a cat 5 hurricane even though the last four were exactly that, yeah that’s what everyone is saying.
Y'all must be really confused then about why he's gone along with several governors declaration's of emergency and all the other federal stuff that's being thrown at the storm.

Old 09-03-2019, 09:53 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,457,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Y'all must be really confused then about why he's gone along with several governors declaration's of emergency and all the other federal stuff that's being thrown at the storm.

So he remembers only out of convenience??

Old 09-03-2019, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
So he remembers only out of convenience??
What are you trying to say? That makes no sense.

Old 09-03-2019, 01:11 PM

35,440 posts, read 20,812,644 times
Quote:
So much outrage over such trivial things.

It makes no difference to me whether Trump gets his updates on the golf course or sitting in his office. Why should it?

The fact he was planning official travel for a holiday had no relevance to what he ended up doing when that changed.

Personally I prefer my presidents rested up/relaxed before they have to deal with a natural disaster. His golf game doesn't seem to be negatively impacting anything storm related, but go ahead and churn that outrage. Its pretty entertaining at this point.
Entertaining is the deflection and protection from his faithful few

Old 09-03-2019, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Entertaining is the deflection and protection from his faithful few
You still haven't told me what more you want the President to be doing about the storm.

Old 09-03-2019, 01:40 PM

25,394 posts, read 17,072,552 times
Quote:
You still haven't told me what more you want the President to be doing about the storm.
They don't know. Their aim is to destroy through rhetoric. Sometimes it works, too. It did with Hillary; we poured on the heat and applied pressure and voila! - she lost.

Harry Reid did the same thing to Romney when he announced that Romney had not paid taxes in "10 years".

Trump fights back. Liberals aren't used to that, and they don't like it one bit. Makes 'em crazy.

Old 09-03-2019, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
They don't know. Their aim is to destroy through rhetoric. Sometimes it works, too. It did with Hillary; we poured on the heat and applied pressure and voila! - she lost.

Harry Reid did the same thing to Romney when he announced that Romney had not paid taxes in "10 years".

Trump fights back. Liberals aren't used to that, and they don't like it one bit. Makes 'em crazy.
That's glaringly obvious lol.

Old 09-03-2019, 05:01 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,880,666 times
Quote:
Like I said there is lots more he probably wants to be briefed on than how the hurricane is moving.

Coast Guard has updates.

The state govts or county govts have updates probably given to FEMA and or Gov's calling the Pres.

Has more fuel been moved in. Is the water stockpiled. Are the linemen in place to get the power back up. People in place to clean up debris.

Who's being evacuated.

Etc. Etc. Etc. Lots more moving parts than just the actual hurricane.

Hourly doesn't seem unreasonable to me, even if its just a nothing new to report.

He's commented on many of these things so obviously he is getting briefed on them whether you believe it or not lol.
AND NO the Coast Guard would not have updates that would be more accurate or beneficial than the National Hurricane Center.

There are lots of moving parts and you are naive to think that Trump can keep any one of them straight at any given time.

He was reporting Alabama was in danger -- even after he was corrected.

The less information he has the better because of his need to share the knowledge he thinks he has.

Old 09-03-2019, 05:04 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,880,666 times
Quote:
Who the heck do you think ordered the US Coast Guard to the Bahamas to help them?

They are part of the US military and he's the commander in chief. They cant just jump on boats/planes/copters and go to other countries unless he allows it and orders it.

As for the rest of it, I can guarantee you that if you are in the path of the storm the last thing most people care about is sympathy from a President.

All they want is power, fuel, water, food, shelter and help to rebuild if necessary. Its abundantly clear to me that he is on top of the federal response to all that.
That's how naive you are.

President Trump or any other President get briefings and requests. They don't ACT without someone giving them information and suggesting a plan of action.

Mr. President -- Coast Guard should be sent to Bahamas -- okay.

WOW -- that's a tough job.

You all act like this is the first time any President has ever done anything during a storm.

UGH.

Here in Charleston SC -- our govenor, local authorities are the expert on the hurricane preparedness....they set the strategy. They inform people.

The PResident hasn't told them to do anything.

Please -- they keep him informed.

Old 09-03-2019, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
AND NO the Coast Guard would not have updates that would be more accurate or beneficial than the National Hurricane Center.

There are lots of moving parts and you are naive to think that Trump can keep any one of them straight at any given time.

He was reporting Alabama was in danger -- even after he was corrected.

The less information he has the better because of his need to share the knowledge he thinks he has.
Coast Guard would indeed have updates on their activities. I never said they would have hurricane updates, although I'm sure they are prob as up to date on that as the NHC.

Apparently, Trump is quite adept at keeping all the moving parts straight as all the necessary steps involving Feds are taking place in my state and he's sent the Coast Guard to help the Bahamians.

I am going to assume the same is happening in the Carolinas and Georgia. But clearly you don't have a clue what you are talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies